Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
YNOT
YNOT

Default Help XR6 Rough Idle

Hey Guys,
Im new to these forums, bought a ford xr6 99model 5spd.
Im not sure if you guys can help, hopefully you can.

We currently serviced the car, but still on idle the car shakes abit very lightly but enough to notice, it comes and goes.

For a few minutes it wont be as noticable then it will become more noticable.

Any suggestions on what it could be? Valves?? thats all i can think of

Thanks
Tony

YNOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Hey welcome to the forums, if its the valves it wouldnt come and go a mechanical problem would stay around. im taking a stab but i think maybe a dirty throttle body or idle speed controller. something around the t/b area is my thoughts. or if the leads and sparkys are due maybe they are breaking down.
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
YNOT
YNOT

Unhappy

Hey thanks, i shouldnt have used those exact words what i meant was sometimes its more noticable then other times, also sparks changed havent changed leads yet
Old 24-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Check your inlet manifold for leaks loose bolts ect thats pretty common
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
YNOT
YNOT

also, though this may sound lieka stupid question, as im not used to my new car yet upgrading from a sss, is it normal when taking off to hear a light knock from the diff
Old 25-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Au's are known to have alot of problems with they're diff centres. They can tend to shudder on take off accel. If your not sure get a good diff joint to drive it.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #7
YNOT
YNOT

One more thing guys (i know getting anooying) the battery light on the dash has started to turn on, does this mean that mean i may be needing a new alternator soon?

Thanks Again
Tony