Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
rosebush

Default will an AU Actuator from a 2000 fit a 1999?

I have heard that maybe an AU 2000 actuator wont fit an early AU 1999? Is this true? Would the worm gear inside each at least be the same as it is actually this part im after and the one i was looking at buying is from a 2000 model...Im sure I have read somewhere?? that they changed the actual lock part or something that wont fit my door?? Any ideas would help, Thanks

rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

same thing dude
do it
Old 16-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as long as it's not the front passenger door. au1's are different for some reason, apparently they have some extra sensor in them. but you can swap the worm drive inside them, they are all the same.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #4
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no, it actually wont fit
i tried fitting an au2 gear into my au1 and it wouldnt fit. got another au1 gear, compared them and they are different. said au1 gear fit straight in
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
no, it actually wont fit
i tried fitting an au2 gear into my au1 and it wouldnt fit. got another au1 gear, compared them and they are different. said au1 gear fit straight in
Correct - the AU2 shaft is a little thicker than the AU shaft on the plastic worm drive. But if you swap the gear and it's casing over, it will fit (a bit of extra work, but easy enough to do).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
rosebush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
as long as it's not the front passenger door. au1's are different for some reason, apparently they have some extra sensor in them. but you can swap the worm drive inside them, they are all the same.
YES IT IS THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR :(
Old 17-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
rosebush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Correct - the AU2 shaft is a little thicker than the AU shaft on the plastic worm drive. But if you swap the gear and it's casing over, it will fit (a bit of extra work, but easy enough to do).
hMMMM bugger, I had a feeling this was the case...when u say swap over the case do you mean the whole black case that the motor fits in or just the liitle bits that fit over the shaft, like springs etc??
Old 17-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Why just swap the worm gear, change the whole lot, it's easier.

How much were you going to pay for the worm gear ?
Old 17-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in my case the whole lot was about 50 bucks or so and the worm gear was 20 by itself.. lucky the wreckers were nice and let me swap the s2 gear for an s1 item when they got it in stock. that price was for brand new
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebush
hMMMM bugger, I had a feeling this was the case...when u say swap over the case do you mean the whole black case that the motor fits in or just the liitle bits that fit over the shaft, like springs etc??
The whole black case
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
rosebush

got a new worm gear off ebay for about $29 (The bigger one)...2nd hnd one might go again too soon...he garenteed that if he also supplied me with the larger slider and bushes etc that fit this bigger gear that the whole thing will fit into my casing...ill let you know if it does anyway JC