Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Demister, how does it work?

Tracing an issue I am having at the moment - my demister doesnt work. I have narrowed the problem down to the fact that I have a TE50 dash cluster in the ute, when I push the button o the dash to turn on the demister, nothing happens. The cluster does have the demister light in it, and it does illuminate on startup, but doesnt do anything else.

I'm wondering how I can go about fixing this? Would it be possible to wire up the demister directly to the button so it doesnt go through the cluster?

Old 26-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i assume you're talking about the rear window demister? as you are probably are aware, these, well in the base model falcons, run off a relay when you press the button. so i'm sure you could probably do the same thing with yours just off the button
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Wats the diff between a T series and an XR cluster cause the one in my TE is the same as my old XR just its white
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
i assume you're talking about the rear window demister? as you are probably are aware, these, well in the base model falcons, run off a relay when you press the button. so i'm sure you could probably do the same thing with yours just off the button
yep thats the one im after, and yeah i do know the run off the relay. I guess I need to get the switch out and try and wire one up, which I was hoping to not have to do!