Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
crossingover

Default RE: Boge Shocks not happy!

Hi guys last wedsneday i put some shrt body boge struts in front end with S/L springs.Friday morning wife called me on her way to work to tell me left side of car is bouncing allover the place,so i removed them for inspection and left strut was full of oil it seems strut has let go.I called the supplier and he was more than happy to give refund.
Now for case 2,I gave justin a call from the forums as he had advertised on a few occasions in regards to him being able to supply ultra ride short body shocks for $190 the pair.I met up with justin at the city on saturday the box said ultraride so did the shocks,it wasnt till i got home and peeled the sticker off the shock and it had ULTIMA shocks stamped on them.They are now fitted to car but just would of been better if justin was honest and explained there ultimas that have been renamed with new stickers.At the price i paid due to christmas budget i just didnt want to go through christmas break on buggered shocks so justins were accomadating my budget,And also guys ive fitted these shocks now with ultra lows and to my suprise it is a very firm ride that no longer bottoms out.So based on my experience i would advise these budget shocks to anyone wanting to lower their car and avoid using your standard shocks as it also suits the budget,as for their durability only time will tell?

Old 24-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #2
bonk182
BonK182

i put ultima short shorts in the rear of my AU1 live axle and in my opinion, they are the shittest thing in the world. waaaay to hard, i wouldnt be supprised if other suspension components have suffered/need replacing, in the 3 months i have had them in. jus my 2 cents. im replacing with boges
bonk182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had boge shocks in for about a year now and i love them!
Old 24-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was reading the Boge brochure whilst I was waiting on mine getting installed, and it mentioned they have a lifetime warranty, so if they crap themselves like that get it replaced. Pretty unlucky I'd say, I've got no complaints about mine.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonk182
i put ultima short shorts in the rear of my AU1 live axle and in my opinion, they are the shittest thing in the world. waaaay to hard, i wouldnt be supprised if other suspension components have suffered/need replacing, in the 3 months i have had them in. jus my 2 cents. im replacing with boges
hehe too true, Industry talk of up to 20% claim rate, now is that worth the price ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I guess spring / shock combo also comes into it ??
I have found King Springs superlow and Bilstiens to be alittle too low as an example..
Sometimes you have to return back to fitter/ manu for more specific custom tuned ride...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Were are Borg shocks made???

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #8
crossingover

the box says there made in turkey
Old 25-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Were are Borg shocks made???
Originally Germany and have been OE for Audi/Beemer and many other Euro brands. Boge/Sachs ZF Trading.
Facilities all over the world doing many other components not just passenger car suspension and Commercial.
Heard of the ZF transmission ?

Still good quality shocks but many are made in Thailand under license but they do offer LifeTime Warranty but there's always the fine print to watch out for. Good selling tool.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When it comes to suspension you get what you pay for - nothing like a decent set of Koni's or Bilsteins.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #11
Free347

I've run Boges for years now and have always found them reliable, a beautiful ride and perform better under all conditions than every other high end shock I've tried. I've never heard of them failing before.
Free347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post