Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Question Answereing forum sponsor questions before they do???

Have always wondered wether it is impolite to answer a question that has been posted in a forum sponsors section before the fella even gets a chance.

Lets say someone posted a question is a sponsors section and 10 people start answering the question before the person it was directed at gets a chance,what are your thoughts on this,impolite,rude,so what.....

Sometimes it can take a day or so for response so one can be filled with members opinions and maybe to keen to wait for the intended response from said person(sponsor)and make an uneducated decision.I appreciate alot of the time its on the money advice but just thought is their a genral ediquite?

FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default Re: Answereing forum sponsor questions before they do???

I guess its going to happen being a public forum. If you wanted a direct response only from the sponsor and not have everyone chuck in their 2 cents then you would probably just PM/email them direct or call

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

youll probably find the people replying are using sponsors parts , or sharing the experiences they are having and have posted similar threads to yours in the past , and trying to help you as they had similar questions not so long ago .
but i think the thread stater should be aware that this is a public forum , and if the thread starter only wants the sponsor to answer , and no one else , than they should state that in the thread , or utilise the pm function and communicate in private with the sponsor .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Answereing forum sponsor questions before they do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
I guess its going to happen being a public forum. If you wanted a direct response only from the sponsor and not have everyone chuck in their 2 cents then you would probably just PM/email them direct or call
Yep,very fair call.

I have just seen a rise in this trend of the last 6 months or so.
Old 21-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Yep,very fair call.

I have just seen a rise in this trend of the last 6 months or so.
You might find in a lot of cases it's all about adding another digit to the post count.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Answereing forum sponsor questions before they do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
youll probably find the people replying are using sponsors parts , or sharing the experiences they are having and have posted similar threads to yours in the past , and trying to help you as they had similar questions not so long ago .
but i think the thread stater should be aware that this is a public forum , and if the thread starter only wants the sponsor to answer , and no one else , than they should state that in the thread , or utilise the pm function and communicate in private with the sponsor .
Yeah I know but cant help thinking if its the same as butting in so to speak.Its hard as some sections have very little upkeep response wise so members do need to respond.I think some sections should be left for 12 hours or so before posting maybe?

Pretty sure I have been guilty of this myself but not untill time elapses somewhat.

Last edited by FreddyDUZ747; 21-08-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: making sense....I hope:)
Old 21-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Yeah I know but cant help thinking if its the same as butting in so to speak.Its hard as some sections have very little upkeep response wise so members do need to respond.I think some sections should be left for 12 hours or so before posting maybe?
Look, if you want to ask one person a question then just PM them.

Asking questions on on an open forum, is like asking the chemist for the best hemorrhoid cream in a crowd....

Last edited by jpd80; 21-08-2011 at 06:40 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Look, if you want to ask one person a question then just PM them.

Asking questions on on an open forum, is like asking the chemist for the best hemorrhoid cream in a crowd....
This thread has nothing to do with anything thats happened to me in the past jpd80,more to do with miss infomation that I have spotted whilst browsing in the past.

I have always been told Im to polite...
Old 21-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
This thread has nothing to do with anything thats happened to me in the past jpd80,more to do with miss infomation that I have spotted whilst browsing in the past.

I have always been told Im to polite...
Yeah I get where you coming from and I've had many a thread derailed deliberately on forums,
it comes down to strong moderation and I've seen posts deleted when repeat offenders try their tricks..
That seems to get the message through.

If there is a sponsor forum where one on one questions are asked, then in that instance all posts should be
submitted for review by moderator before being allowed in that particular thread.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post