Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Default Funny stories involving the Police

Lo all,

I have a couple, and thought it would be cool to hear some that others may have.

I was talking to a mate and he was telling me he recently got pulled over and fined. Apparently he was driving with his mate who works for Occupational Health & Safety or something. Anyhoo, it was like 3am in the middle of nowhere and the copper pulled him up and ticketed him $150 for a "defective center brake light". Mate from OHS in the passenger seat then fined the Policeman $400 for not wearing his high visibility vest in a low light area.

Another one, I was driving with some mates down Gympie Rd, Kedron (Brisbane) in moderately heavy traffic, and was passed at speed by a red VE SS. He was carving up the traffic such that I thought for sure he was going to wipe someone out. Just before he disappears over the hill, a blue Aurion pulls in behind him. I'm thinking "man I wish there was a cop in that Aurion."
Lo and behold, on go the lights, on go the brakes of the SS.

We passed him on the side of the road just as a couple of uniformed officers were climbing out of the Aurion.

Please don't turn this into a Police bashing thread, or an "I got an unfair ticket" thread, if you want to do that there is a "New Thread" button just for you.

If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I was in my Suzuki Mighty Boy when I was on my 'P's' many years ago and I was at the lights and this V8 commodore was next to me.
"sounds nice" I thought and the lights turned green so we took off and then he sped up, the guy in the passenger seat smiled at me and waved, so I thought he wanted to drag, I planted my foot in the little 3 Cylinder beast and he sped up.. It was on.
But then in a millesecond we ended up door to door with a dogs hair's space between us - the two lanes were merging into one and he was speeding up to get in front. The blue hand held light was flicked on the roof and the passenger yelled out the window "Watch where your going mate!"
My heart was in my throat.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
... copper pulled him up and ticketed him $150 for a "defective center brake light". Mate from OHS in the passenger seat then fined the Policeman $400 for not wearing his high visibility vest in a low light area.
Gold!!!!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looong ago 1989/90 when the new shape commodore appeared in the SSV8 a work mate had bought one as soon as they were on the dealer floor.

My workmate was well known to the local boys in blue as he was a bit of a hoon, but it was always real friendly like between them all.

Now he also had personal number plates.

So one day he is seen speeding in the back streets and gets pulled over by a certain Police officer who knew my work mate quite well. The police officer only recognised the number plates and not the car mind you.

At this stage the Police still hadnt received their V8 models, and a deal is struck.
Mr plod jumps in the SS and my work mate jumps in the cop car with his partner and is then "chased" so the constable can "see how it handles"

A year prior to this same constable and same workmate (this time in his well known XYGT, yes he traded it in on the SS and regreted it) was pulled over on a main road this time, but just for a chat.

As my work mate leaves he drops the clutch and does a massive burn out infront of both officers, now normally it would be ok, except for the fact that there were plenty of members of the public nearby who stood horrified or laughing!
In order to save face they run to the patrol car and then pretend chase him and pull him over up the road again!

Ahhhh the good old days!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
I was talking to a mate and he was telling me he recently got pulled over and fined. Apparently he was driving with his mate who works for Occupational Health & Safety or something. Anyhoo, it was like 3am in the middle of nowhere and the copper pulled him up and ticketed him $150 for a "defective center brake light". Mate from OHS in the passenger seat then fined the Policeman $400 for not wearing his high visibility vest in a low light area.
^^ that story has been making the rounds for a while now.
Old 26-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

[/QUOTE]
Ha ha - heaps old story - everyone turns that one into their own...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:

your mates talking ****...

that story has been floating around for years..

on another website ive frequented for the past 6 years, theres a known officer on the forums who helps out a lot of guys with legal advice (as hes a TMU officer and deals traffic only). People had a very similar thread to this one running.. so he posted up a funny one.

He was in his unmarked SS and following this guy in a 60 zone who had been a bit happy off the lights, nothing worth pulling him over, but he knew a school zone (40kmh) was coming up and it was 3pm.. so he sat back and watched the guy stay at 60kmh through the school zone.

He thought ive got him, but knowing the area and road rules well, he knew it turned into a 70 kmh zone not long after followed by another school (40kmh zone)... So he followed the car, knowing he would then be able to fine him for 25 over the limit with on the spot license loss.

He waited and the car didnt slow down again, went past the school at 70kmh so the TMU office threw on his disco's and pulled the guy over.

feeling pretty happy with himself he asked the driver as he rolled down the window "any reason for speeding through the school zone back there"
to which the driver replied...

"its saturday?".

haha.
Old 26-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Is this your mate and was it in 2006? If not the policeman got off lightly? Yes its been around for a bit ...... it is an urban myth

http://www.crc.id.au/2006/02/09/sweet-justice/
Quote:
Melrose Drive , Tullamarine , Victoria . January 16th 2006 : 14.35 hours :
Highway patrol pulls over a Workcover Inspector for doing 68 in a 60 zone. Workcover Inspector says nothing and cops the $120 fine sweet. Policeman finishes writing ticket and proceeds back to his car. Workcover Inspector in the mean time, gets digital camera out of bag, photographs the cop and proceeds to the police car where he issues the Policeman with an $800.00 fine for not wearing his hi-visibility vest when leaving his vehicle in a high traffic area.

It just doesn’t get any sweeter than that.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Haven't been pulled over in ages. Should do something about that, so i have some stories to tell. lol
Old 26-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #10
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Back a few years ago, 5 of us (on our P's) decided it was a boring rainy sunday evening and all went down to the local industrial estate for some fun and games around the 'tear drop' truck turn around.

Normally this was never an issue, however what we didn't realise is that there were undercover police EVERYWHERE due to a number of recent robberies.

Just as our friend finished his little circle, a landcruiser comes thundering out of nowhere, two police vehicles fly out of the driveways blocking the intersection, another police car rocks up and then the dog squad shows up.

So there we were.... all lined up on the side of the road, a police car for every one of us, feeling like absolute gits... we got off with a warning as they were after bigger game, and as they said... "We're not traffic branch ;) "

Never done anything like it since! I'm a rather 'boring' (safe) driver these days
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #11
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Apparently one of my parents old friends was intending to lose the police in his HX Panelvan back in the good old days. It was night and thought hed quickly pull into a side street and turn his car off hoping they wouldnt see.
Well apparently he got the fright of his life when they tapped on his window, he asked "how did you guys find me?" Well the answer was that he left his foot on the brake...
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

Coming home from sport one day with a few mates in a Maxi-Cab, the cab driver got pulled over by the local boys. We were sitting in the back of the van just laughing and joking around until one of my mates notices it is a Divvy van that pulled the cab over, needless to say there was one god almighty chant that started coming from the back of the cab, the side door flies open with an officer standing there trying to hold back from laughing his head off and tries to oh so calmly ask us to be a little quieter. When the taxi driver got back in he seemed far from amused. As we drove of he told us we had gotten him off the fine and the officers decided a warning would suffice.

Made for a good trip back (a cheap one too haha)
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
EgoFalcon
The Villan

I got pulled over on Picton Road (nsw danger road apparently) and being on my P's in a BF XR6 it is always bound to happen. Gets out of his bombadore and I open my windows, he says "can you lift your bonnet up please" in a very professional manner. I open the bonnet and he stares at it for a couple of minutes and i said to hi "yea mate, no go fast parts there", he doesn't say a word, close the bonnet and tells me go back into my car, gives me a breath test. Looks around in my car and then I said "if your looking for the wog stuff, I got blue lights installed here", the expression on his face was priceless. Still doesn't say anything gets back in his car not even saying you can go or have a nice day. Pulls out infront of me to pull over another p plater. As I stroll past them I put my thumbs up for him and he just shaked his head.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #14
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lo all,

I have a couple, and thought it would be cool to hear some that others may have.

Another one, I was driving with some mates down Gympie Rd, Kedron (Brisbane) in moderately heavy traffic, and was passed at speed by a red VE SS. He was carving up the traffic such that I thought for sure he was going to wipe someone out. Just before he disappears over the hill, a blue Aurion pulls in behind him. I'm thinking "man I wish there was a cop in that Aurion."
Lo and behold, on go the lights, on go the brakes of the SS.

We passed him on the side of the road just as a couple of uniformed officers were climbing out of the Aurion.

Please don't turn this into a Police bashing thread, or an "I got an unfair ticket" thread, if you want to do that there is a "New Thread" button just for you.
Mates Brother was riding with me years ago (1976) me on a sportster and him on a ported and piped waterbottle , I got pulled for the right mirror being tied to the seat as we were going to my companions place to fix it (stripped thread) and the mains road bloke was a bit mouthy and quite inatentive , he stepped back from us and got clipped by a 4wd landing on his butt well into the left lane on Beaudesert Rd , the driver pulled over and gave the main roads bloke a serve, explaining what happened when the ;police from the the station about 200 metres away walked over , I got away scot free and the main roads bloke got a huge bruise whilst the driver got told to watch it from the coppers .About 12 months later we were driving over the story bridge in my crazy Brazillian mates Holden van when he said grab the wheel and jumped into the back , he mooned the older driver behind us in an Eh sedan , (I guess he didn't like his driving) and seconds later we got pulled over and my mate got charged with the mooning , old bloke was an off duty Police Sarge out for a Sunday drive with wifey , sometime its a good idea to wait a moment before acting .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #15
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Very close family friend has told of a few stories.

Many years ago when he was a teenager he was on a motorbike and went to the pub to pick up a carton of beer for a party. He said when he left the pub with the carton on the fuel tank the local cop followed him and put on his sirens to pull him up. For people playing at home the officer was the fearful Mudgee officer named Mr Harris who is now retired. Anyway Being unlicensed and what ever else he sped off away from the cop and somehow managed enough time to drop the carton off at the party before the officer caught up. Then he raced off through the local golf course and being at night you can't see a low lying single walkway bridge over a creek. He said he went over the bridge and the cop came over the hill and straight into the creek in his patrol car. He immediately parked the bike away in a mates shed and went back to the party. A few days later another local officer knocked on his door and advised him not to ride the bike for a while because Mr Harris is not very happy with you. I thought that was a classic.

Other stories are along the lines of underpowered VH commodore patrol cars trying to chase down valiant chargers and various other mopars he has had without any luck.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #16
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFalcon
I got pulled over on Picton Road (nsw danger road apparently) and being on my P's in a BF XR6 it is always bound to happen. Gets out of his bombadore and I open my windows, he says "can you lift your bonnet up please" in a very professional manner. I open the bonnet and he stares at it for a couple of minutes and i said to hi "yea mate, no go fast parts there", he doesn't say a word, close the bonnet and tells me go back into my car, gives me a breath test. Looks around in my car and then I said "if your looking for the wog stuff, I got blue lights installed here", the expression on his face was priceless. Still doesn't say anything gets back in his car not even saying you can go or have a nice day. Pulls out infront of me to pull over another p plater. As I stroll past them I put my thumbs up for him and he just shaked his head.
the wog stuff?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nice urban legend, doubt it ever happened, as I have never seen Cops use flouro vests when doing general vehicle stops (that would mean they would wear them at all times when driving around), and I think the flashing lights on the vehicle, and the offset parking of the police car behind the stopped vehicle more than compensates for a floro vest.

Only ever seen them wear vests at stationary set up RBT sites or when conducting traffic control duty.

I mean look at all the reality Cop shows on TV and not a vest in sight a lot of times.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #18
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
the wog stuff?
Blue LED's, ignition barrel light, footwell lights, overhead reading lights, centre light and rear passenger. Getting rid of them soon, its like an anti drug zone in my car and can't see anything.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #19
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Red P plater driving a GS spec Matte black XC ute with a 4 barral holley and exhaust system that dumps at the diff = what up officer -_-

I get followed ALL the time by police
Sometimes they follow me, do a rego check then turn off somewhere
but tonight i got pulled over on my way back from the movies
Its was the main street through town and me and the cop where the only ones on the road
just for laughs i flicked on all the Missile switches on my centre facia that do nothing (carefull not to flick the rev limiter :| )
then casually cruised past the copper (he was doing 50)
He took one look inside my car as i drove past and seen all the switches, the mass tacho, and the gauge mounted outside the windscreen and immediatly went in behind me and pulled me over >.<
Just asked if it was my car, liscence check and off i went! all the while the other officer was searching over my car with his flashlight as tho he was searching for a defect >.<
Old 26-11-2010, 04:31 AM   #20
v gate

When we were kids we would get out the dirt bikes and go for it through our local creeks. The cops came down in a patrol car to chase us off in a commie but got themselves bottomed out about 20 secs into the great escape.
2 weeks later same deal except they roll up on a couple bikes. This time the chase went about 30 secs before one pour bugger hit a big pool of water and got tossed off the bike. He got up looking like a ****ed off drowned rat covered in grass and mud but what made it worse was his mate was laughing as hard as we were.
Truth is they never stood a chance against the mighty power of our bikes. RM and MR fifties yep horsepower heroes.
v gate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #21
66GT

Long time ago late one night, getting a lift home from a mate in his tradies ute. Unmarked cop car pulls along side & the uniformed officer in the passanger side holds up a backlit sign that has the word police (you older guys would know the ones- mid to late 80's). My mate tells me to pass him the small box in the glove compartment, & plug the cord into the ciggy. lighter. I do this & he held his similar sized backlit sign with the word plummer up for the cop to see. Turns out 2 very ****ed off cops stating stuff like its not very apprioate to have a sign like that & how distracting do you think that would be for other drivers? WTF? In the end they confiscated the plummer sign & let us go. Mate said he'd been waiting a while to do that & they should have asked if he had any more? But that's another couple of stories.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Apologies in advance for the long post.............

The year was 1986 and my ride was a stock VF Valiant VIP with plenty of rust in the back window and pillars (hidden my a vinyl roof) and paintwork which was 4 different shades of Maroon. It was however in excelent mechanical condition, just looked like a crapper.

I had just left my parents place heading back to Melbourne. It had been raining for 2 days and turned a back road I use into a quagmire which transformed my crapper Valiant into a mud pile on wheels. I turned onto the main highway and before I got up to cruising speed a highway patrol copper had me pulled over on the side of the road.

The copper gets out of the VK Commodore interceptor and strides over. He was immculately turned out in his short bodied jacket, jodhpurs and high leather boots (dead set, that's what HWP officers wore in those days!!). He came to my window and asked for my license. He asked if this car was roadworthy and I assured him it was and is in excellent mechanical condition. He said "doesn't look like it to me". He was strutting around like a prize bull at the Melbourne show. Shoulders back, chest out and a slow, purposeful stride. He slowly walked to the back of the car, across the back, stepped off the road (the road was built up about a foot from the natural ground level) to walk slowly up the passenger side. It was quite menacing and I was sure the car was going to be defected.

He paused to read my rego sticker. He then went to the front of the car to step back up onto road level. Next thing I see was he disappeared from sight. He's come a cropper in the mud!! I couldn't believe it!! He appeared again covered in mud then slowly shuffled across the front of the car and back to my window. His shoulders were slumped and his head was down. He gently wiped my license clean on his sleeve and said "I'm sorry I got your licence muddy". He told me to drive carefully in these bad conditions then he shuffled back to his interceptor.

I nearly died trying and succeedng in not laughing at him. I must admit I did feel a bit sorry for him but at least my car didn't get defected which I'm sure was going to be the outcome had the copper kept his feet (and his composure).

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #23
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by v gate
When we were kids we would get out the dirt bikes and go for it through our local creeks. The cops came down in a patrol car to chase us off in a commie but got themselves bottomed out about 20 secs into the great escape.
2 weeks later same deal except they roll up on a couple bikes. This time the chase went about 30 secs before one pour bugger hit a big pool of water and got tossed off the bike. He got up looking like a ****ed off drowned rat covered in grass and mud but what made it worse was his mate was laughing as hard as we were.
Truth is they never stood a chance against the mighty power of our bikes. RM and MR fifties yep horsepower heroes.
This is probably a tad more common than many might think. We had the same thing with bikes through the local paddocks (not private prop) and creeks and a couple old abandoned quarries. There used to be as many as 70 bikes (never counted, just a guess) all over the place, yz, cr's etc. Had been going on for years but every now and then we get a blitz. Sometimes they'd bring in the VicPol chopper too, it was a large area.

Anyway, there was only one way in or out for cars and one of the divvy vans took off after a guy on a yz250 down a narrow track (bike width). He should have known what was coming as the paddock is full of rocks and box thorns. The divvy hits a rock and ends up on its roof. A few hours pass, most of us have buggered off home and put the bikes away and word is getting around about the divvy. Must have been 150-200 teenagers hanging around the only way out for the tilt tray, and cheering them as they drive it out. No-one was hurt as far as I know.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

My uncle was telling me yesterday, not long after he moved to QLD from NSW he was driving back to visit family, he had personalised QLD got pulled over for a minor offence when the rozzer was writing out the ticket he put NSW rego on it not QLD, needless to say he got nothing in the mail later and the poor ol bugger with the same NSW rego copped it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #25
MexicanBatman
Banned

Work safe have the ability to fine individual employees not the company, in that situation I think not!

Someone told me that same story a few months ago, I've heard it many times now and I was like really? LOL same person tells me another story a week later thats even more outrageous, now we just leave the room when this person speaks, to wipe the tears from our eyes from the laughter LOL
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Friend of little brother with personalised plate pulled over for unregistered vehicle.
After looking at license copper gruffly inquires as to why he has a NSW license but is driving an unregistered QLD car.

His reply is that it is a NSW registered car, you can tell by the little NSW on the plates and sticker.......

Copper mumbles, gives him his license back and wanders off.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #27
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I had a reasonably amusing one just yesterday.

Returning from playing on some of my favourite roads through Mt Nebo/Glorious yesterday I was driving through the Ashgrove/Bardon area. I was behind a brand new Mitsubishi Pajero which I noticed had a power socket attached to the rear bumper.

Anyway, driving down a hill in a 60 zone I am doing 63-65 by my GPS (I know, I am lucky to survive), but over the 1 km stretch of road the Pajero has pulled away from me. I estimate that he was doing up to 70 km/h and some points based on him increasing gap on me and I know my speed was 65 km/h.

The funny bit is as I caught him waiting at the roundabout and got to see the side of his car as he turned onto it, there it was. In big bold letters were "Every K over is a killer" and "Police Speed Camera Unit".

A police camera unit that speeds, no way that can be justified.
Old 26-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #28
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Nice urban legend, doubt it ever happened, as I have never seen Cops use flouro vests when doing general vehicle stops (that would mean they would wear them at all times when driving around), and I think the flashing lights on the vehicle, and the offset parking of the police car behind the stopped vehicle more than compensates for a floro vest.

Only ever seen them wear vests at stationary set up RBT sites or when conducting traffic control duty.

I mean look at all the reality Cop shows on TV and not a vest in sight a lot of times.
Very true, I see cops wearing vests at crashes and RBT's but never on traffic stops.

It won't be long for them though. Technically we have to wear a vest at any time that we stop on a road that has medium to high traffic for any reason despite the fact that we also have flashing lights and offset park (referred to as fend off positioning).
Old 26-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #29
ch33z1l
Dawn

Was at a bns ball in Urana (country nsw) having a few UDL's with 3-4 mates out the front of the hall. A highway patrol officer strolls up and says quiet politely "I can't let you guys drink those here, it's an alcohol free zone". So, here we were expecting him to tell us to pour them out, but instead he asks us to finish them quickly. So here we were, at the front of the Urana hall, having a few UDL's with an officer from Albury sharing some stories.

Was a great night
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #30
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Apologies in advance for the long post.............

The year was 1986 and my ride was a stock VF Valiant VIP with plenty of rust in the back window and pillars (hidden my a vinyl roof) and paintwork which was 4 different shades of Maroon. It was however in excelent mechanical condition, just looked like a crapper.

I had just left my parents place heading back to Melbourne. It had been raining for 2 days and turned a back road I use into a quagmire which transformed my crapper Valiant into a mud pile on wheels. I turned onto the main highway and before I got up to cruising speed a highway patrol copper had me pulled over on the side of the road.

The copper gets out of the VK Commodore interceptor and strides over. He was immculately turned out in his short bodied jacket, jodhpurs and high leather boots (dead set, that's what HWP officers wore in those days!!). He came to my window and asked for my license. He asked if this car was roadworthy and I assured him it was and is in excellent mechanical condition. He said "doesn't look like it to me". He was strutting around like a prize bull at the Melbourne show. Shoulders back, chest out and a slow, purposeful stride. He slowly walked to the back of the car, across the back, stepped off the road (the road was built up about a foot from the natural ground level) to walk slowly up the passenger side. It was quite menacing and I was sure the car was going to be defected.

He paused to read my rego sticker. He then went to the front of the car to step back up onto road level. Next thing I see was he disappeared from sight. He's come a cropper in the mud!! I couldn't believe it!! He appeared again covered in mud then slowly shuffled across the front of the car and back to my window. His shoulders were slumped and his head was down. He gently wiped my license clean on his sleeve and said "I'm sorry I got your licence muddy". He told me to drive carefully in these bad conditions then he shuffled back to his interceptor.

I nearly died trying and succeedng in not laughing at him. I must admit I did feel a bit sorry for him but at least my car didn't get defected which I'm sure was going to be the outcome had the copper kept his feet (and his composure).

So hard to look cool and menacing when you have mud all over your face!