Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
trento
Audiophile

Default Complete WS stereo install

After months of thinking and reading international forums I have finally decided on how I am going to improve the stereo in my CL fez. Keeping in mind that I dont want a massive booming doof stereo, rather a well balanced stereo put together on a budget of approximately $750

Quite simply I am going to replace it!!!

So here's my plan.

I will be running one 4 channel 600W sony xplod amplifier using high level inputs straight from the factory headunit.

The amplifed channels will be used to power a set of 260W sony splits in the front doors as well as a 300W Blaupunkt reference subwoofer in a band pass box.

The speakers in the rear passenger area will be Sony XS-GTX1641 75W 4ways running off the standard headunit.

I will also be using a dynamat like product to give the spekers more of a platform to project from.

To my great excitement most of the equipment I ordered from a well known electronics "dot com" store in parramatta were delivered within seven days(yesterday the only thing I am waiting on is the rear 4 ways and a few led lights for mood lighting with are due in this week.

I will be doing most of the install myself with help from a friend who's first ICE project involved fitting an 8 track

Feel free to ask me any questions and PLEASE offer any insights you have!!!

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post