Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default headwork and cam

hey guys...my brother has talked me into purchasing a secondhand head from a wrecked inline 6 falcon engine...its gonna be a slow process because of funds so it doesn't matter how long its gonna take me...anyways...we were looking into getting some port and polishing done and a new cam...

now i myself don't know alot about cars but my brother does....so im here to just ask...what cam would be good for my car?? im not looking into upgrading the computer if i can get away with it?? but yea any help would be great.

its a au3 falcon manual inline 6 2.5in mendral bent exhaust...don't know if that helps at all

Thanks in advance

51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I am getting a cam in my AU this Saturday. It is a stg2 cam from crescent motorsports in Liverpool. I will let you know how it goes. Meant to be good for an extra 20+rwkw. Does not require an ECU upgrade

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
I am getting a cam in my AU this Saturday. It is a stg2 cam from crescent motorsports in Liverpool. I will let you know how it goes. Meant to be good for an extra 20+rwkw. Does not require an ECU upgrade

thanks do they have a website?? contact number?
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
ayeyew
Teh Baest

54 macquarie st Liverpool 02 9600 6229

website was a work in progress, but i think its no longer around

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

cam-- go jim mock dev 5. not cheap but the best.
Head work--- done heaps of research- abbott engines on the gold coast. much cheaper than every where and very experienced 5526 3883

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Will be interesting to see what ayeyew's cam goes like.
most places that do cams are not having the desired results as the E-series does.
Although as times and power goes ... the CMS Stg2 and Stg 3 cams on E-series is actually outperforming all of Mock's available cams ... and at a fraction of the price.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Will be interesting to see what ayeyew's cam goes like.
most places that do cams are not having the desired results as the E-series does.
Although as times and power goes ... the CMS Stg2 and Stg 3 cams on E-series is actually outperforming all of Mock's available cams ... and at a fraction of the price.
very interesting, got any proof?

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #8
stiddy
Banned

LOL JMM, don't waste your money. You could make a better cam with a lathe and a stair banister.
Surecams and KEC - in my experience are the best. I have a surecam, and I installed a KEC cam into a mates E-series. Big gains, alot of it is mid - top end though.
Wade also make nice cams, CMS im undecided on.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post