Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Time for me to get all sentimental

Well i've been on these forums for 4 months and I have had a ball and met some great people, and would like to say a few public thankyous. Sorry to those of you who think im a suck or blabbing on... to you, you can bugger off for a minute In no particular order...

XA Coupe - well, first impressions last, it was great to meet you at heathcote, and just proved to me your a top bloke

Mrs XA Coupe.... what can i say, another Ford chick!! I never thought a timing booth could be so bearable... lol

Casper - another top bloke with a great sense of humour

Laminge - your good value, what would i do without ya I still want your car....

xagt_coupe - your advice has been a life saver

brenx - ditto

CH7472 - ditto again

outback_ute - it was great to meet you and have a chat, hope to do so again soon...

back2thefutura - i haven't met ya yet but your a very game man taking on an event as big as the wagga day... good on ya

TheMaddestman - another huge support and your encouragement has been fantastic

rodderz - well i asked for one thing, it was a small part but you did it for me, cheers mate. (saved me getting dragged through the mud even more)

To all the mods and admin, you do a fantastic job of keeping us all in check and the fact that you can still have fun while clamping down on bad behaviour (well what else would you call it). You guys show true character, well done

Last but by know means least KEV EB XR8 - the premier stirrer, you have cheered me up on some of my worst days with your stirring all in the name of fun.

You have all made a difference and driven (excuse the pun) me to continue with my passion for cars and especially Fords. So a huge THANKYOU and big hugs from me

Sorry to go on but i've had such a great day and have been thinkin how much we take some people for granted. Its nice to acknowledge the people around us

PS. A HUGE THANKYOU to all those that have given advice and support for my cars. Your encouragement has meant alot, and i have learned so much from all of your knowledge

Last edited by Melz; 28-10-2005 at 08:38 PM. Reason: had to add a few more thankyous :)
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #2
FordFan86
meow

I feel all happy like now. Just watched a MASH episdoe last night where Hawkeye made a similar speech.
This place is a great community that is full of usefull and useless information. What would we do without it?

p.s: Get a V8 up ya. :P
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz

back2thefutura - i haven't met ya yet but your a very game man taking on an event as big as the wagga day... good on ya
Haha thanks!

I NEVER expected it to get this big but I am so glad it has. Would you believe Ive already started planning for next year.....

I think we will show a lot of people around here that the Blue Bloods are the strongest next weekend....cannot wait.
Old 28-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #4
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on ya Melz, it's true too many times we take other people for granted and it also takes a special person to recognise it too.Well done. : :
Old 29-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

: I have had trouble keeping you from my wife, "but it's out" I cant hide it anymore! "I love you" and your pic is now in pride of place above my XR8. "PS" dont let ya boyfriend see this out: See i told you wearing those girly clothes would make you go all soft!!! :hihi:

Your a good sport melzy , have a good weekend !

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Haha thanks!

I NEVER expected it to get this big but I am so glad it has. Would you believe Ive already started planning for next year.....

I think we will show a lot of people around here that the Blue Bloods are the strongest next weekend....cannot wait.

well thats a good thing, it'd be pretty boring if i rocked up next year and there was no all ford day now wouldnt it.....

:P
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
TheMaddestman - another huge support and your encouragement has been fantastic
No problem at all, only too glad to help if I can, but thanks, it's good to know it's appreciated

:baby bott Heres to many more years of enjoyable time in your Fords :eclipsee_
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Yay I got a mention :hihi:
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #9
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Where's MY mention??? :P

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I couldn't thank everyone off the top of my head GreenMachine...so here's your only little thankyou As much as i would luv to thank everyone that has helped me, we would be here all day

I had a bad feeling that photo would make a reappearnce Kev! and correction.... i won't have to worry about keeping that away from the b/f cause there is none!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post