Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default KYB Excel-G, any thought on them?

I just picked up a set of KYB front struts from my local Autopro for $100 a side because I'm a good customer and they wanted to get rid of them and then I went online and snagged a new rear set from a guy on Ebay for $166 the pair. I effectively managed to re-shock the Fairlane for $91.50 a corner so now I'm wondering what I actually paid for. Most of the comments I've found say they are ok to pretty good but I'd like to hear from anyone who has had them on any of your cars and what your impressions are after 1 month, 6 months, 12 months etc.
So who is running or has run KYB Excel-G shocks and what do you think of them?
I'm putting them on a Fairlane Sportsman with basically stock XR suspension, although the rears are going to be changed for a slightly stiffer custom progressive spring I had made up for the other Sportsman. I'm not looking for stiffer or sportier, just an as good or better than stock comfy ride.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: KYB Excel-G, any thought on them?

Im running them in the front and have been for past 6 months, highly rate them, just as good as monroe, good ride, good rebound rates, definitely a good shock.
Only reason i didnt get them for the back of my au was because they dont do a lowered shock. I dont think they can be used with anything lower than 30mm drop front and rear.
I work at a suspension shop and many are going kyb over monroe, they are definitely more than ok! you wont regret the purchase!
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post