Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default DTE problem

Just filled up tonight, hopped in and turned it on and DTE was still at 28kms to E and the fuel gauge was at E with the red bowser, drove for a km or two ****ed off trying to think what the hell happened, parked and turned the car off for a second to make a call, turned it back on and it was back to normal.

Happened to anyone before? i'm starting to get worried with all these electrical gremlins in this car.

Last edited by GS608; 04-08-2009 at 08:57 PM.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Had it happen many a time ... if you had kept driving the fuel gauge would have slowly risen .. as the AU gauge is dampened to take 15 minutes to go from Empty to Full.

But I have seen the same thing happen ... after turning it off and on again it flicks straight to full.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

ive had this happen to me if im empty and only put in 5 or 10 dollars and the dte does not go up .The first time this happened to me i went back into the servo to check that the fuel bowsers were working :

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah fair enough then, i was spewing just about ready to turn around and head to the servo and check out if i'd been ripped off. It's never happened like that before, always goes up as i turn it on.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

mine dose it and sometimes it will go from full to empty When im driveing i donno why it dose it but it fixes itself after a bit
Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

POELWYK, yours sounds like the fuel sender is on its way out. My ute did that, replaced the sender and good as gold

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

yeah ill look at getting a new one
Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

my ute does the same but guess im begining to live with it now