Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Default Boss engine = Windsor LOL 'reports dribbling ИИИИИ'

Was reading the morning paper and every Wednesday the courier mail has a 'cars' section... the had a comparrision of an F6 with a GTP...The writer refered to the "burble of the windsor V8".........Opps......

Another time i was watching 'Drive" as there was a review on the F6 and the presenter said that the F6 gets a bigger turbo over the XR6T...and later when he was driving it he said just listen to the sound of the intercooler when you xlr8 and take your foot off quickly or change gears.... WTF... since when does the i/c mak a noise....

It ИИИИs me that these PPL get paid to do a job and they do a half a$$ job and don't know what they are on about.

Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

I've got really loud spark plugs....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
gozza

do you watch top gear at all
i think its pretty good

they put a new evo up against a gallardo around there test track and the gallardo couldn't shake it....in a straight line the evo got whooped...gallardos are for nurbs tho..not a go kart track
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
turboute
turboute

Murcielago couldn't shake the evo mate. Gallardo would probably get beaten by the evo.
Also the top Gear test track takes almost 1.30 for the ferrari Enzo to complete - which means it is not a small track, I think you will find most of the V8 SC track are similar lengths/ times, if not shorter.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor
Was reading the morning paper and every Wednesday the courier mail has a 'cars' section... the had a comparrision of an F6 with a GTP...The writer refered to the "burble of the windsor V8".........Opps......

Another time i was watching 'Drive" as there was a review on the F6 and the presenter said that the F6 gets a bigger turbo over the XR6T...and later when he was driving it he said just listen to the sound of the intercooler when you xlr8 and take your foot off quickly or change gears.... WTF... since when does the i/c mak a noise....

It ИИИИs me that these PPL get paid to do a job and they do a half a$$ job and don't know what they are on about.
Think I read the same article in the West Australian, he had a few WTF's in there.
I reckon I could do a better job than half of the newspaper Auto guys.
They really should have more of a passion to be in that game

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
Murcielago couldn't shake the evo mate. Gallardo would probably get beaten by the evo.
Also the top Gear test track takes almost 1.30 for the ferrari Enzo to complete - which means it is not a small track, I think you will find most of the V8 SC track are similar lengths/ times, if not shorter.

yeah i wasn't sure
thnx for the correction
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
EL_futuraistic

If you remove the factory BOV you can get noise from the intercooler..... its the boost bouncing around in there as it has no-where else to go. It can also damage your turbo...... but i doubt this applies to the article.

Its a news paper, surely they can get knowlegeable people to write the drive section.... imagine if someone wrote "the nikkie index has crashed 24 points" in the stock market section, would be public outrage :P
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post