Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #31
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot
Sweet,

Thats what I get for trying to help you out. How did i try and offend you? If you have being using mobile phones longer than I have don't put up stupid posts asking for advice and then when you get advice about dictionary flame me for it!

If you'd really like a certificate (you only have to type at 100wpm ONCE with 100 percent accuracy to get the cert. I didnt say I never make mistakes!) I could give you one.. I think that would be pointless though

and mate, if you can't text and your not going to take my advice about dictionary (I WAS trying to help odviously, or I wouldn't of bothered typing all that and testing it out on my phone etc) go to

www.intazaar.com.au

you can sign up and send free sms when ever you like.. up to 30 a day. has a phonebook feature etc.

Sweet,

Thats what I get for trying to help you out. How did i try and offend you? If you have being using mobile phones longer than I have don't put up stupid posts asking for advice and then when you get advice about dictionary flame me for it!

If you'd really like a certificate (you only have to type at 100wpm ONCE with 100 percent accuracy to get the cert. I didnt say I never make mistakes!) I could give you one.. I think that would be pointless though

and mate, if you can't text and your not going to take my advice about dictionary (I WAS trying to help odviously, or I wouldn't of bothered typing all that and testing it out on my phone etc) go to

www.intazaar.com.au

you can sign up and send free sms when ever you like.. up to 30 a day. has a phonebook feature etc.

I won't even START on grammar!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 24-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Im at work, It's forums.. who uses grammar? Im finished school It's not like you're grading me on my forum 1337 skillz0rs of the posting method
Old 24-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #33
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Im not trying to start a big flaming thread but green machine.. why did you go and highlight all those bits.. they aren't one bit offensive.. the word odviously is offending? meh. I just done an online typing test and got 102wpm with 5 errors first go.. if you really really want a screenshot the jpegs sitting on my desktop...
Old 24-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #34
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
it's easy to say anything, i could say i have 900wpm with 110% accuracy!! when ppl talk BS like this it eventually catches up with them.
And thats impossible.. and not one bit funny nor true, who has maturity now
Old 24-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #35
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Mate, if you put up a post saying you were 100% accurate at ANYTHING, you leave yourself open to that kind of thing.

I'm 100% accurate at aiming in to the bowl in the loo at the Brekkie Creek Hotel after 16 Toohey's News... But I don't generally brag about it on the internet!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 24-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #36
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Greenmachine i was trying to stress a point that im 18 and grew up with technology advancing around me.. odviously older people aren't as up with these things as people this age

I did a test and got 100wpm at 100% accuracyso I could get a certificate for it? so what? I was not bragging.

get a life people and don't accuse people of bragging.. everyone does it anyway

Is it bragging when people state there quarter mile times

NO

they probably only went down the drag strip once to get the time.. i typed once and got 100wpm so i'll state my typing speed

get over it
Old 24-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #37
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Got a screen shot of that GM?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 24-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #38
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

I was going to type a proper reply, full of wit and, of course, typographically perfect.

But I won't.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 24-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #39
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Got a screen shot of that GM?
No chance mate - I barely saw it myself!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 24-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #40
EA2BA
PM me if you want

i think when i did a key stroke test for data entry i got 7500 strokes per minute with 97% accuracy, so I can believe 100wpm with 100% accuracy (I wish i could touch type)

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 24-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #41
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

sorted.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 24-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #42
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Greenmachine i was trying to stress a point that im 18 and grew up with technology advancing around me.. odviously older people aren't as up with these things as people this age
Obviously the word obviously wasn't on your 100% typing test.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 24-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #43
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Obviously the word obviously wasn't on your 100% typing test.
He obviously doesnt have his contrafibularities in order. He needs a good embiggening in a cromulent manner!

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 24-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #44
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Im at work, It's forums.. who uses grammar? Im finished school It's not like you're grading me on my forum 1337 skillz0rs of the posting method

No, wont grade you just ban you, seriously all, stop abusing our eyes, get a spell checker oif your as dyslexic as I.
Old 24-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #45
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Sorry Laminge, I seriously tried to stop the argument in the thread by saying what I said up above.. then instead of accepting it they start spell checking my every word! I'll watch what I say and make sure no softies are going to take offense in future.
Old 24-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #46
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah yes, the arrogance of ( some ) youth.
Think about this. I am probably the same age as your parents.
I grew up with no mobile phones, no computers, the VCR only came in when I was 16 .. hell, I can remember when we didn't have colour TV. By your standards I should be a drooling useless mess that's hard pushed to use an abacus. ( I probably am a drooling useless mess but that's another story ! )
6 years ago, I left my non technical pursuit and started in IT.
For someone that hasn't grown up around technology, by your standards, I should have failed. Well, guess what.. I haven't done too badly !!
I can also SMS on my phone without the aid of an illustrated instruction book.
Just because your parents can't send an SMS don't assume that everyone else is as technoligically challenged as they are because of their age.
Old 24-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #47
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Your probably not that OLD and I didn't say older people CAN'T learn, so congrats on getting into IT.

My dads 58!! my mums 45! my boss is 58 and they all can't sms .. they won't even try and learn is there problem! Not as if they CANT learn.. My dad can use ebay and thats about it lol

Im just saying you weren't born with a nintendo entertainment system controller in your left hand and a VCR controller in the other like a lot of younger fellers.. it would of being more like a pac-man hand held or space invaders.

There's probably 80 year olds who love computers and know about Infrared, Bluetooth, video compression etc etc etc

I am not ignorant if you were referring to me
Old 24-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #48
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Quote:
So where do I fit in as a 21 year old who types one sms word per minute, has never owned any sort of video game and thinks that hammers are solutions to computer problems?

Am I just retarded then?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 24-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #49
lou_focus
Starter Motor

oh ok ok, man get over it, u can't prove your point if you couldnt tell, my dad is 57 and great at texting, mum is 57 and can't text very well, but doesnt it all depend on if you do it alot?
Old 24-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #50
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

I'd say hey dad when did you sign up to fordforums lol

nah, I'm not judgemental of that stuff.. the person who started this thread took it the wrong way & i didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 24-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #51
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

It's quite interesting how fired up everyone has gotten over a thread about typing SMS's though .. you got to admit!!
Old 24-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #52
lou_focus
Starter Motor

well thats good
Old 24-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #53
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I'm a 105 year old serial killer, i was born in a bark canoe in the middle of the amazon thousands of miles from civilization. I now have a lucrative job in IT building wireless huts for mud warriors. I am asked everyday to show people how to SMS, yet sadly I cannot, as my phone is made completely from leaves bundled with twine. And yet with all these difficulties, i am not a communist. Is that clear enough?

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 24-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #54
lou_focus
Starter Motor

wow, that must be tough
Old 24-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #55
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
Hi Guys & Gals, I'm not new to sending SMS's but i'm damn slow at it! I can type quick on a keyboard but on a phone... no. Takes me ages to write a simple sms. The people i SMS seen to reply REALLY quick! It's frustrating to know they are much quicker, is there a easier way to send them than typing it in the phone? (i have a Sony K750)

Anyone else have this problem? Surely i'm not the only one! e
I reckon the real problem is phones are too small, and you have to look at the buttons as to what letters are on what button constantly to type am sms, bring back brick phones I say :Reverend:

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 24-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #56
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I'm a 105 year old serial killer, i was born in a bark canoe in the middle of the amazon thousands of miles from civilization. I now have a lucrative job in IT building wireless huts for mud warriors. I am asked everyday to show people how to SMS, yet sadly I cannot, as my phone is made completely from leaves bundled with twine. And yet with all these difficulties, i am not a communist. Is that clear enough?
Wireless huts? lol

Yay no ones flaming me for no reason anymore so im happy

*THREAD CLOSED, STAY AWAY*
Old 24-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #57
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

*Thread temporarily unclosed*

But did i mention www.intazaar.com.au.. seriously its great.. i work in front a computer everyday so Its convenient free sms

*thread closed*
Old 24-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #58
lou_focus
Starter Motor

brick phones.... oh man, i am using one of them at the moment, an old nokia, i hate using it in public, haha, i am so ashamed, but i would have to agree, u can at least feel the buttons & u only press one at a time!
Old 24-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #59
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your probably not that OLD and I didn't say older people CAN'T learn, so congrats on getting into IT.

My dads 58!! my mums 45! my boss is 58 and they all can't sms .. they won't even try and learn is there problem! Not as if they CANT learn.. My dad can use ebay and thats about it lol

Im just saying you weren't born with a nintendo entertainment system controller in your left hand and a VCR controller in the other like a lot of younger fellers.. it would of being more like a pac-man hand held or space invaders.

There's probably 80 year olds who love computers and know about Infrared, Bluetooth, video compression etc etc etc

You have missed the point .. not to mention obviously you didn't read my post properly ... it was arrogant.. not ignorant .. two totally different things although they aren't mutually exclusive.
My dad is 65 .. he is great with computers ( after I weaned him off Apples !! ) He can send SMSs and is better with physics, algebra, and electronics theory and practice than I'll ever be. There were no game consoles at all when I was a kid... not till I was in my teens ...
As I said, you are making a generalisation that simply isn't true.
PS, I'm not fired up .. I just smelt blood in the water :Reverend:
Old 24-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #60
lou_focus
Starter Motor

hmm, i would have to agree there, you cannot catagorise every older person as everybody is different
Closed Thread