Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Default Vfacts July 2011

Will the new Territory keep up the sales momentum? (this is the first full month of sales).

Details expected on Wednesday.

Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Vfacts July 2011

With the daily build rate quite low, I think the Territory will be supply limited. Its already happening now, with waiting lists out to 3 months.

They just won't be able to build enough to fill orders, because numbers have to be kept low to keep Falcon numbers down to match demand, and the plant and suppliers aren't geared up to build more Territorys than Falcons.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I tell you, with all due respect to the people that work there, but when ever I hear issues its got to do with manufacturing, cant do this, thats to complex etc etc. Then you have imports with supply issues aswell, very annoying and from the outside just doesnt seem flexible enough.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Changing build rate isn't like turning a tap on. They have already changed the split for 2 Falcon to every Territory, now its near 1 to 1. Once LPi gets on line and the update comes they might be able to increase it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
bmorris

Is LPi not being manufactured yet? I thought it was available for order already.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
BroadyFord

Ford Territory has best July in five years

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2011...ve-years-26004

The Ford Territory has recorded its best July result in five years, with the updated model outselling former favourite, the Toyota Kluger, by comfortably more than two-to-one.

According to preliminary data, Ford sold 1500 Territory SUVs compared to 1800 Falcon sedans in the month of July. The Territory’s July result is down slightly on the June tally of 1600 sales but compares favourably to just 600 Klugers, which have been constrained by a shortage of supply since the Japanese earthquake and tsunami in March.

“It was an excellent result, best July (for Territory) since 2006,” Beth Donovan, Ford Australia’s Vice President Marketing, Sales & Service, told motoring.com.au.

More than half of all new Territorys sold are diesels.

Meanwhile, Ford says its dealers are seeing a mix of heavy-duty and luxury SUVs being traded in on its high grade Titanium models.

“The trades we’re getting include Nissan Patrol, BMW X5, BMW X3,” said Donovan, adding that some dealers now had to become familiar with doing price valuations on prestige cars.

“What we’ve found is that, after the first 60 days, [the new Territory] has the broad reach we thought it would,” she said.
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord
[SIZE="4"]More than half of all new Territorys sold are diesels.
Well who wouda thought!
Quote:
[SIZE="4"]“The trades we’re getting include Nissan Patrol, BMW X5, BMW X3,”
And not a minute too soon, some of them X5's and even X3’s now are getting long in the tooth and will be due for some expensive services soon!

Well done Ford!

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Great result for a great vehicle. Ford will need to ramp up the factory line rate as these sales will be eating into the launch buffer they had.

Remember that Wheels magazine compared the Diesel SZ Titanium Territory with the BMW X5 diesel. The Ford despite being 30k cheaper was judged 4.5 stars versus 4 stars for the BMW.

With many people feeling 'somewhat austere', it may well make sense to go to a value Ford if they can't replace the BMW.

PS Some people's version of feeling austere to others!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's great news! Hope they can keep the momentum going and build on it with some good Holden-style advertising.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
That's great news! Hope they can keep the momentum going and build on it with some good Holden-style advertising.
You mean deceiving?

Id prefer just clear and concise and not just a flash in the pan.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

need to get rid of visiting 236 friends on Facebook ad and have ads that show what the car is...
Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Actually I think that add pretty much nails the target market...im sure others will follow but its a good start.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
need to get rid of visiting 236 friends on Facebook ad and have ads that show what the car is...
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.. It fixed Territory's biggest issue.. Fuel usage!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorris
Is LPi not being manufactured yet? I thought it was available for order already.
LPI deliveries start mid August.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
Flat Top
lid man

the build rate has increased on territories quite a lot but falcons are really down. e240 the update looks like first runs oct.
Flat Top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
Flat Top
lid man

russell has a good handle on this!! trev
Flat Top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
for some reason i joined facebook a year or so ago, and if you don't include about 7 family members, there are about 5 other friends on there, all of which are workmates. so i have about 12 facebook friends but i still couldn't visit them all on about 5 tanks of juice, let alone 1 tank. mainly because i have family in perth and brisbane.

its a pointless ad and totally meaningless.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
LukeyST
ST fan

Good result for Territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
.... its a pointless ad and totally meaningless.
... but from watching the ad you knew they were telling you (the viewer) that the new engine achieves great fuel economy, whether you agree with the 'x friends on one tank' theory or not. So the ad wasn't meaningless nor pointless

Facebook is all the rage at the moment, helped along by the rise of the 'smartphone', and a surprisingly large portion of facebook users are middle-aged men and women who i'd assume the media campaign was targeting. I think it's a great ad, but thats just my opinion.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Great result for a great vehicle. Ford will need to ramp up the factory line rate as these sales will be eating into the launch buffer they had.

!
The Nearmap pics from July 1 still show over 3500 cars still sitting around the place (they seemed to have learned that parking them on the grass didnt look good and parked more at back). They would be very mindful of letting this stock stay too high, if newer models are coming out in future (making 200 cars a day wont allow them to reduce stock). If they can only go 1 for 1 on Falcon / Territory, then i guess they would rather let Territory orders build up, than let unsold Falcons build up.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Ford Territory has best July in five years

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2011...ve-years-26004

The Ford Territory has recorded its best July result in five years, with the updated model outselling former favourite, the Toyota Kluger, by comfortably more than two-to-one.

According to preliminary data, Ford sold 1500 Territory SUVs compared to 1800 Falcon sedans in the month of July. The Territory’s July result is down slightly on the June tally of 1600 sales but compares favourably to just 600 Klugers, which have been constrained by a shortage of supply since the Japanese earthquake and tsunami in March.

“It was an excellent result, best July (for Territory) since 2006,” Beth Donovan, Ford Australia’s Vice President Marketing, Sales & Service, told motoring.com.au.

More than half of all new Territorys sold are diesels.

Meanwhile, Ford says its dealers are seeing a mix of heavy-duty and luxury SUVs being traded in on its high grade Titanium models.

“The trades we’re getting include Nissan Patrol, BMW X5, BMW X3,” said Donovan, adding that some dealers now had to become familiar with doing price valuations on prestige cars.

“What we’ve found is that, after the first 60 days, [the new Territory] has the broad reach we thought it would,” she said.

Bring on August when EcoLPi goes on sale.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #21
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
The Nearmap pics from July 1 still show over 3500 cars still sitting around the place (they seemed to have learned that parking them on the grass didnt look good and parked more at back). They would be very mindful of letting this stock stay too high, if newer models are coming out in future (making 200 cars a day wont allow them to reduce stock). If they can only go 1 for 1 on Falcon / Territory, then i guess they would rather let Territory orders build up, than let unsold Falcons build up.
How do we know if its the same 3500 cars or new stock?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyST
... but from watching the ad you knew they were telling you (the viewer) that the new engine achieves great fuel economy,
ummmm... that would be a no. i'm a member of this forum and also a ford fan. i didn't need a silly ad to tell me the territory was going to be good on fuel. its the 'non enthusiast' they need to reach, not people that know most of the facts already.

everyone on here knew the fuel mileage would be good, even from the petrol version, long before ads went to air.

like i said, it is pointless ad.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #23
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
bobthebuilder. Turned up for your monthly crack at turning threads in a negative direction... But, wait you'll call it realistic. For someone who has admitted they have never bought a Ford, and seem to enjoy knocking local manufacturing you spend alot of time here.

So, even if it is 3500 vehicles. Some of that is also NZ supplies awaiting shipment. Then with 2011 July sales 1500 SZ Territory and 1800 FG Falcon sedans plus whatever number FG Utes. That is less than 30 days of stock. A good result.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #24
Chopped
as in chopped

Go Territory !

Ford Aus need some good news.

I'm seeing more and more on the road. The designers have done a good job as the car looks fresh and different.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #25
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ummmm... that would be a no. i'm a member of this forum and also a ford fan. i didn't need a silly ad to tell me the territory was going to be good on fuel. its the 'non enthusiast' they need to reach, not people that know most of the facts already.

everyone on here knew the fuel mileage would be good, even from the petrol version, long before ads went to air.

Yes, it is a pointless add for you as you know everything about the car!!! Any add they did would have been pointless to you,becuase you know everything about the car!! But as you said it is the 'non enthusiast' they were trying to reach & they did that based on the current sales rate!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #26
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bobs back with his bloody nearmap!! They are useless pic & have no mean benefit!!! You only have to count the sales numbers for the last 2 months verus the build rate for the last 2 months to know there is less cars around now, then 2 months ago!!! It is plan maths!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
How do we know if its the same 3500 cars or new stock?
I visited the Broadmeadows plant approximately a month ago an can confirm there were THOUSANDS of new cars gathering dust. Ford will have trouble seling these once EcoLPI takes off.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #28
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Bobs back with his bloody nearmap!! They are useless pic & have no mean benefit!!! You only have to count the sales numbers for the last 2 months verus the build rate for the last 2 months to know there is less cars around now, then 2 months ago!!! It is plan maths!!
That's right and as Phillyc was saying, there around 30 days of mixed vehicle inventory,
it's not as though there are 3,500 Falcon sedans just sitting there unsold like there was earlier this year.
That amount of stock makes good sense if Territory is selling well and EcoLPI is about to hit the market,
Ford could be scrambling for product when that happens and possibly need to increase line speed again..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #29
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would imagine they are Falcons on the grass? Not much they can do about it really. If people aren't buying them what else do you do? Realistically, it just enhances the reason why Falcon may not survive? I bet there aren't Cruise's sitting on grass at Holden?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #30
LukeyST
ST fan

Quote:

I wasn't referring to just users of AFF.

Like Joe5619 has already said, you personally represent 0.01% of the population who might be a member of this forum and knew those figures. When i said 'you (the viewer)' i was also referring to 99.99% of the population who didn't know, the EXACT 'non-enthusiast' you referred too.

Facebook (love it or hate it) is a clever marketing tool in this ad campaign, as its something that close to that 99.99% of the population can relate too and it grabs their attention.

Pointless ad? The sales figures speak for themselves, and the public awareness for the new territory would have mainly come from this ad campaign.