Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
dan1
fix my radiator!!!

Default my electrics arent working???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey... my car is giving me grief!
i had trouble a while a go with a wire shorting out (i think it was the oil wire?) i took it to an aut elec but he couldn't fix it.
for some reason my distance til empty always says i have 500+ kms till empty...
when i roughly have 40-80kms till empty the fuel gauge reads full but until then it stays on empty?
the radio works but cant change the station unless i dissconnect the battery 1st then put the car on accessories, then i can change station, play cd etc... but when i start the car it doesnt allow me to do anything again??
and a week or so ago my remote locking stopped working... the remote light still flashes as if its doing something but the doors don't lock???
any ideas???

its an au 2 2001 xr6 ute

dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
rosebush

computer maybe??? dont they have codes to fix this
rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
dan1
fix my radiator!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebush
computer maybe??? dont they have codes to fix this

not sure, the auto elec i went to told me i had to replace the whole dash???? that sounded a little bit ****************!!!!
im gonna try and change ove the fuse holder thingy!!! and hope that works!!! do you think its worth it?? im not a mechanics ring so any helpful hints would be fantastic!!!
dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for some reason my distance til empty always says i have 500+ kms till empty...
when i roughly have 40-80kms till empty the fuel gauge reads full but until then it stays on empty?
after it gets to 40-80 kms does it start to drop like it normally would? if yes the your fuel level senser thing is buggered... i think i paid about 200 to have it replaced in my ef 4-5 years ago...

are you using the standard cd player? they are known to be pretty ********(dont play cds after a few years etc.) but i havnt heard of one not working... considered getting a aftermarket one?

door locks breaking is also fairly common... (door locks can be changed fairly easily, do a search)

if im right changing the dash wont fix a think....

Cheers Cam

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post