Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 06:03 AM   #15871
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

The latest in Nz a woman produced falsified papers at the Auckland border so she could travel to northland shes covid positive rumour is shes a prostitute apparently she had another woman with her that the police cant track down they've been to several places up north , paihia etc .....she wont co-operate ( should be locked up) probably doesn't want to divulge her customers so the whole of the norths in lock down

People are not impressed.....police are just toothless to do anything in this day and age ,its a very low social economic place ,lots of poverty and very low vaccination rates .....just amazing how selfish some people are

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
This user likes this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 06:06 AM   #15872
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oops ....sausage fingers

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 10-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #15873
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
The latest in Nz a woman produced falsified papers at the Auckland border so she could travel to northland shes covid positive rumour is shes a prostitute apparently she had another woman with her that the police cant track down they've been to several places up north , paihia etc .....she wont co-operate ( should be locked up) probably doesn't want to divulge her customers so the whole of the norths in lock down

People are not impressed.....police are just toothless to do anything in this day and age ,its a very low social economic place ,lots of poverty and very low vaccination rates .....just amazing how selfish some people are
The police are not "toothless" but are bound by a code of " electonics"
Everyone has a bloody phone camera, the government can ping your phones tell you exactly were you are and where you been, so they couldn't take this thing and dump it 10klm out to sea!

That's exactly what it deserves, flogging is too simple!
Old 10-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #15874
slowsnake
Banned

Hey CB, that's why WA is so covid free for so long, even here this morning when I buy my newspaper, I have to sign in and disinfect my hands, Woolies, IGA or the chemist or the servo, you either use the QR code or sign the book, date, time, initials and phone number, if I go to 5 shops I sign in 5 times, maybe that is the difference between West and East coast!

PS:- We don't need to wear masks unless we choose to, some do and some don't!

Last edited by slowsnake; 10-10-2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Add PS.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:40 AM   #15875
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Hey CB, that's why WA is so covid free for so long, even here this morning when I buy my newspaper, I have to sign in and disinfect my hands, Woolies, IGA or the chemist or the servo, you either use the QR code or sign the book, date, time, initials and phone number, if I go to 5 shops I sign in 5 times, maybe that is the difference between West and East coast!
No different over here. Disinfectant and QR-Codes. 5 shops = 5 QR codes and wipes/sprays.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #15876
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
No different over here. Disinfectant and QR-Codes. 5 shops = 5 QR codes and wipes/sprays.
I was replying to CB, I should of put his quote, he said that QR codes etc are not being used around him and I suppose his area?

Post 15870

Last edited by slowsnake; 10-10-2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Add a bit
Old 10-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #15877
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I was replying to CB, I should of put his quote, he said that QR codes etc are not being used around him and I suppose his area?

Post 15870
Certainly not representative of the areas of Sydney I frequent. Compliance has been pretty good.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #15878
zilo
BANNED

Places in Tassie run by millenials that only have QR codes at the door..no sign in book.

Shrug of the shoulders gets you in.

A steady eye can see people just taking a photo of the QR code...LOL...seriously

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 10-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #15879
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Places in Tassie run by millenials that only have QR codes at the door..no sign in book.

Shrug of the shoulders gets you in.

A steady eye can see people just taking a photo of the QR code...LOL...seriously
Too true, and that's what you see, what happens when you are not there to witness it, does it stop, of course not, when you go home its still happening, it's what you/we don't see that's the big issue!
Your spot on with your assumption!
Old 10-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #15880
slowsnake
Banned

There's a ghost in the machine again on this thread, took 5 tries to get my reply page?
This is from my morning paper, took a photo of page, to long to copy!...

image to url
Old 10-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #15881
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 479 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9378 (from 0.9644) while the actual line is now only slightly above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,890 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0438 (from 1.0989) while the actual line is almost level with the predictive trend.

After 90 days, the Vic trend line is now above that of NSW at the same point.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #15882
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 9th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,514 new cases for Australia and 16 deaths so the CMR is 1.136%.

36 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.614%.

The UK had 39,413 cases yesterday and 156 deaths for a CMR of 1.696%.

107,541 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,937 deaths sees CMR at 1.623%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 238M, the last 1M in 3 days;
South America passes 38M cases;
Asia passes 77M cases;

Barbados (284);
Belarus (1,998); and
Singapore (3,703)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Vietnam and Palestine drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 02:24 PM   #15883
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hermmmmmm.

CHO could be sidelined as government mulls giving ministers more power
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...06-p58xm4.html
  • A group of government MPs confirmed to The Sunday Age one of the changes to be considered was giving the Health Minister sole authority to sign off on public health restrictions – powers which currently rest with Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton.
  • The MPs who want the Chief Health Officer’s state of emergency powers given to ministers – as is the case in other states and territories – argue that under the Westminster system, politicians who are accountable to the public, should have ultimate responsibility to make laws that affect people’s lives.
  • Opposition Leader Matthew Guy agrees. He says the government – not public servants – should take responsibility for managing the pandemic.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #15884
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Did you not see this coming? I have great concern that “safety” will - in future - become a euphemistic term for throttling peoples’ movements.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #15885
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did you not see this coming? I have great concern that “safety” will - in future - become a euphemistic term for throttling peoples’ movements.
I thought they may amend the SOE to fall in line with other states, but didn't think they would go this one extra step (too far IMHO). I would prefer that politicians need to convince the appointed health expert how to balance, not the other way around. It will put Vic out of line with the rest of other states and territories.......except NSW, a prime example of why not to do it.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 04:01 PM   #15886
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hermmmmmm.

• A group of government MPs confirmed to The Sunday Age one of the changes to be considered was giving the Health Minister sole authority to sign off on public health restrictions – powers which currently rest with Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton.
  • The MPs who want the Chief Health Officer’s state of emergency powers given to ministers – as is the case in other states and territories – argue that under the Westminster system, politicians who are accountable to the public, should have ultimate responsibility to make laws that affect people’s lives.
  • Opposition Leader Matthew Guy agrees. He says the government – not public servants – should take responsibility for managing the pandemic.
I agree with the article, you have cabinet ministers and MP's to run the state, the CHO is still there to advise the government after the emergency powers cease.
I have never like the way Daniel Andrews created a mini inner circle cabinet with few ministers to deal with this pandemic as it excluded a lot of party MP's from debate and decision making with our traditional Westminster system.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #15887
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have gone for the early crow here...."guaranteed"! Although, if the 80% double vax rate isn't achieved by that date, those living beyond the 25km limit won't be able to attend

Victoria records 1,890 new COVID cases, crowds of 10,000 to be allowed at Melbourne Cup
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...r-10/100527472
  • The Victorian government has announced that the Melbourne Cup will go ahead with crowds of up to 10,000 people on Tuesday, November 2
  • Mr Andrews said the crowd for the Melbourne Cup was "guaranteed" but numbers for the other racing events would depend on the state reaching its target of 80 per cent of those aged 16+ being fully vaccinated.
    "Whether you're a racegoer or not, whether you're a fan of that sport or not, that will be a really important day for every single Victorian, I think," he said.
    "It will send a message to the rest of the country and indeed the world that we are open."
    Racing Minister Martin Pakula confirmed that if the state does not reach its 80 per cent full vaccinated goal by Melbourne Cup Day, only people who live within 25 kilometres of Flemington Racecourse would be able to attend.
    Attendees will need to be fully vaccinated, wearing a mask and will be separated into distinct zones to try to minimise risk.

Rides (past and present)

Old 10-10-2021, 05:14 PM   #15888
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Hermmmmmm.

So if these ministers make the wrong decision or go against public health advice they should be held criminally accountable and not just given a different portfolio or shuffled to the back bench but that wont happen.
6 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #15889
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I agree with the article, you have cabinet ministers and MP's to run the state, the CHO is still there to advise the government after the emergency powers cease.
I have never like the way Daniel Andrews created a mini inner circle cabinet with few ministers to deal with this pandemic as it excluded a lot of party MP's from debate and decision making with our traditional Westminster system.
From somebody who keeps banging on about gov over reach I'm surprised by this response. It sounds like they want to amend the SOE so that it gives the sign off powers to the minister instead of the CHO during an emergency health crisis, so this is not about after the emergency power being ceased. In a pandemic / emergency health crisis, I would personally prefer to have a health expert making the call, we are talking extreme events. Also, ministers are not always experts in the field that they hold the portfolio to e.g. Martin Foley holds an arts degree. Given how easily ministers can be reshuffled, there is no telling who might be there for the next health crisis and what compromises or undue risks they might be willing to take.

Every time they extend the SOE, it needs to go through parliament. They have been able to keep passing the extensions with the help of the indies. It is the only SOE that needs to go through such scrutiny each time?

Anyway, just my view, and with both sides of politics agreeing on the change, it'll be passed without much debate. So then gov will be able to solely invoke a SOE, and then do whatever they want and sign it off. And if they hold majority....look out!

Rides (past and present)

Old 10-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #15890
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Victoria records 1,890 new COVID cases, crowds of 10,000 to be allowed at Melbourne Cup
The race that stops a nation... Yet the nation stopped months ago.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #15891
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
GOVCO is addicted to the gambling Turnover..
Old 10-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #15892
Itsme
Experienced Member

[QUOTE=T3rminator;6637971]From somebody who keeps banging on about gov over reach I'm surprised by this response. It sounds like they want to amend the SOE so that it gives the sign off powers to the minister instead of the CHO during an emergency health crisis, so this is not about after the emergency power being ceased. In a pandemic / emergency health crisis, I would personally prefer to have a health expert making the call, we are talking extreme events. Also, ministers are not always experts in the field that they hold the portfolio to e.g. Martin Foley holds an arts degree. Given how easily ministers can be reshuffled, there is no telling who might be there for the next health crisis and what compromises or undue risks they might be willing to take.

Every time they extend the SOE, it needs to go through parliament. They have been able to keep passing the extensions with the help of the indies. It is the only SOE that needs to go through such scrutiny each time?

Anyway, just my view, and with both sides of politics agreeing on the change, it'll be passed without much debate. So then gov will be able to solely invoke a SOE, and then do whatever they want and sign it off. And if they hold majority....look out![/QUOTE]

Surprised by your last part of your comment as we were sold out by the independents as usual, plenty of grubby deals to get the votes to pass legislation.
Politics has always been a dirty game!
Old 10-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #15893
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
To me Bathurst was a race that should have stopped the nation, all but briefly.

Now imagine how many people would watch the Melbourne Cup if it's duration was the same as Bathurst?

Similar to the 100m dash every four years at the Olympics. Sheep with their 10-second camera flashes.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:33 AM   #15894
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Disappointed in Sydney, I expected that even in suburbia there might be some festive celebration of the regained freedoms many now have. Not even a midnight horn toot around here.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #15895
slowsnake
Banned

So all quiet on the Eastern Front eh!
Yes its certainly surprised me if what your saying is the old " party central " is now " Dullsville "....
No one knows where hipsville is anymore, it's going to take a long time for Sydney to come together again, all that caution, not sure where to go and who to see, what band and what pub!....what's on.....what's off!

A Renaissance of sorts!....
Old 11-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #15896
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Disappointed in Sydney, I expected that even in suburbia there might be some festive celebration of the regained freedoms many now have. Not even a midnight horn toot around here.
This tells me that the old Sydney I knew, which I left in 2007 and was already going to the "drug dogs" has now woke up and no one knows who is who and what is what, must be a strange feeling, very strange, everyone wondering what other are wondering about, do they think " are you vaxed " or I shot or two, fully vaxed parties, in the right circles of course!..lol

That's a very interesting observation CB, must feel a bit like post WW2!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:35 AM   #15897
Trevor 57
is now there

Good luck NSW, I think you will need it
Old 11-10-2021, 10:45 AM   #15898
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
This tells me that the old Sydney I knew, which I left in 2007 and was already going to the "drug dogs" has now woke up and no one knows who is who and what is what, must be a strange feeling, very strange, everyone wondering what other are wondering about, do they think " are you vaxed " or I shot or two, fully vaxed parties, in the right circles of course!..lol

That's a very interesting observation CB, must feel a bit like post WW2!

slow, can't say what it was like post WW11 thankgoodness but the world sure had moved on from then and more so since 07 when you left Sydney for the worse or better depending the way people see it.
I'm sure it was a strange feeling waywaway back then and its no comparo - Sydney's weather has been rain since yesterday and the coming days so I doubt many we're revelling from midnight but people sure will be damn happy and reports have been many shops are busy from the early hours......
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...10-p58yth.html

There was some hair salons open from midnight working till 9pm tonight and have bookings for the next 2mths lol......
Some pubs and clubs opened from midnight.
Who went lord knows but the place will be getting damn active from today onwards which is great.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 11-10-2021, 10:47 AM   #15899
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Good luck NSW, I think you will need it
don't we all....can you explain more where your coming from Trev ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 11-10-2021, 11:01 AM   #15900
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
don't we all....can you explain more where your coming from Trev ?
A state that is only 1/4 or a 1/3rd into its current wave and the number has already surpassed that of NSW's peak?

I think we can stop the interstate jibes, its here and staying, hopefully in 6 months time there will be no more graphs and we get on with it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Closed Thread