Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
sednwol

Default AU3 remote keypad wont program

Followed all the steps re demister/ ACC position to the letter and the doors will not cycle, nothing? The other keypad (original) works. Any ideas guys, the Keypad is new.

sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dud battery??
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
sednwol

No, battery is ok.
Old 30-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maximum number of keypads trained/linked at one time (three I think)?
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Pretty sure you can have up to 8 trained.

I'd be looking at the circuit board inside the remote, and am willing to bet there's at least one broken solder.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
sednwol

This is only number three, to replace one that wore out. It's brand new shouldn't be a solder? I'll have to have a look, but better ring Ford where I bought it first.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Doors wont cycle to show that you have entered programing mode or doors cycle to show that programing mode is entered and old remotes can be re-entered but new remote wont cycle the doors ???? Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
sednwol

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
Hi. Doors wont cycle to show that you have entered programing mode
Correct.

The red light shows when the pads are pressed, which I guess indicates the battery /unit is ok?
Old 31-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Have you tried both keys? I know it sounds odd but with my Fairlane, with one key everything works fine and the system will enter programming mode but if I use the other key nothing happens; strange but true, lol.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
sednwol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Have you tried both keys?
Yes. This is very confusing. I don't understand why the remote will not go into programming mode. The other remote works fine, all doors/boot open on command.

Anyone else have this happen and what was the fix?
Old 31-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Just so we're clear. Are you pressing the demist button 3 times only and within 5 seconds of turning on the ignition? It's critical that you finish your 3 presses within the first 5 seconds or the system won't activate I've found. I had all sorts of trouble with my fairlane till I got everything just so - right key, right sequence and right timing. Right key into ignition - turn to ACC - demist button 3 times within the 5 seconds and it finally worked after about the 4th attempt. Also, sometimes there is a delay from when you go through the motions and the system activates. I have had it not activate till after about 5-8 seconds after I followed the procedure so if it doesn't activate immediately wait 10 seconds before you turn off the key and try again and see if that helps.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
sednwol

Yes, I have done exactly as you say, and waited many seconds after the demister sequence. I have tried many times.Perhaps I had just better keep trying until (as happened to you) it works. Unless something else is not right.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So it's not going into programming mode then? you won't be able to get the remote to work until it does go into programming mode, and then you can program/re-program all remotes at once.

Make sure the door is closed and the radio is off when doing this too.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 31-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
sednwol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
So it's not going into programming mode then?
Yes, JC, but why? lol
Old 31-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

No idea. You must not be doing the procedure properly. If done properly, it does work.

So:
1. get into car.
2. close door
3. turn ignition to Acc (first key stop)
4. turn radio off
5. hit rear demister button 3 times within 5 seconds (ie on, off, on)
6. door locks should cycle
7. hit any button on the first remote (locks should cycle)
8. repeat for remaining remotes
9. turn car off
10. enjoy

Old 31-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
sednwol

That's what I've been doing 1-5. Seems sometimes this proceedure can be fickle (ie Bushbasher). I'll keep trying and hope it works for me as it did him. Thanks all for the suggestions/help.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
sednwol

I've tried 10 times tonight to make this work..nothing. I am doing everything correctly, this process just refuses to work. Could there be something else wrong? Should I try the remote that does open the doors and if i do could this lock me out completely as I have nothing in reserve if it gets stuffed up. The only reason I have needed a new remote is because of Fords' pathetic quality of product.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
sednwol

Finally fluked it after about 20 tries, weird but the remote started to cycle after two pushes of the demister before I could hit it a third time? I guess for those who will read this thread later for info the answer is just keep trying! For some reason in some AU's the BEM is very unresponsive.

Thanks to all who helped.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #19
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
Finally fluked it after about 20 tries, weird but the remote started to cycle after two pushes of the demister before I could hit it a third time? I guess for those who will read this thread later for info the answer is just keep trying! For some reason in some AU's the BEM is very unresponsive.

Thanks to all who helped.
Good perserverence!

As for the remote - send it to me with your return address and $10 and i'll send you back a perfectly good (fixed) remote - and one whose buttons work better than ever.

Old 31-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #20
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Were you pushing the demist button 3 times or turning it on (and off) three times? MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
sednwol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Good perserverence!

As for the remote - send it to me with your return address and $10 and i'll send you back a perfectly good (fixed) remote - and one whose buttons work better than ever.
Thanks JC, PM me your details, the solders broke on the battery holder, I don't have a soldering iron so could not fix it. If I can find it I will do as you suggest.

Foxtrot3, I was pushing the demister, tried many different was, fast, slow etc until it worked. It surprised me when it did as I was not through the sequence and the horn alarm had just sounded as I had hit the lock button (on the original remote) when the doors were alreay locked, maybe this tricked the BEM...dont know, really weird.