Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Default What can be done? Knowledge of laws required. Any cops past or present care to help?

Alright, here's the story.

In the last two weeks I've lost a dozen supposed 'friends'. There's been a lot of talking behind peoples backs lately. A lot of people being very two-faced. Both towards me and towards others infront of me. It's been going on for a while and has just recently become quite nasty. I don't appreciate that sort of behaviour and had no trouble telling the whole lot of them how I felt about it all aswell as where they could all go.

Now, a lot of them have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that people might sometimes choose to disagree with them, let alone stand up to them. That's what I do. I call everything how I see it and don't bullsh1t anyone. I said I'd had enough of watching the way everyone was acting and commented on how I saw it all as a lot of people who lacked not only respect, but also balls. Most of them got fairly upset with that and decided to try and make me feel like the bad guy. That's another thing I don't believe real friends should do and so I told the lot of them to go get flipped (I haven't used that in so long! I love the creativity that's inspired by censoring! ).

One of the girls in the group can be as nasty, as y and as self centered as any of them and was one of the ones directing most of the shizen towards me. When I stood up to her, she tried throwing a lot of things in my face as she often does with everyone. When that didn't work in upsetting me, she ran to her father and badmouthed me to him. I then got abusive phone calls and messages from her telling me that her dad was looking for me and that I'd better look out. When I made the comment of "You know where I live, send him round" and let her know that I don't give a big red FiretrUCK what either of them thinks is going to happen, I got the comments about how her dad has mates that are cops and that he's going to get them to keep an eye out for me and my car, and that I'd also want to be careful where I left my treasured beast incase one of his less law-abiding friends found it.

That side of it doesn't bother me because I know some fairly nasty people, fairly REALLY nasty people. People who's names are known in large circles, good and bad, and a few of them owe me favours. If anything happens to my stock-as XB, I can beat it. His all leather and woodgrain interior, chrome 19" wheels, mint black Magna or Lancer (do they come in a four door?) or whatever it is may just find itself in a spot of bother.

I'm not going to mention it to any of those people until I have perfectly good reason to. Although I would love to see this girl and her dad watch their comments come back in their face, I worry about putting myself at risk by having anything to do with after-dark activities.

Infact, I wasn't too worried about any of it at first.

Until...

Yesterday I had a cop car pull up beside me at a set of lights, come to nearly a complete stop just behind me but in the right hand lane, and roll forward very slowly as he scanned my car. Only one cop in the car, but he payed a lot of attention to my car. He then looked at me, came to a stop at the white line, reach over to the passenger side/glovebox/console or wherever, grab a pen and paper and start writing something. Was it something completely irrelevant to my or my car? Was it to do with my not wearing a seatbelt? Was it something to do with some kid in a blue XB that's supposed to be getting around the area?

I tried to think nothing of it. It's just me being paranoid. Shut up, Woz, don't worry about it.

But then, sitting at the table eating steak for dinner tonight and what do I see roll up out the front? Another cop car. I live at the end of my street. My street which has four houses on it and never, EVER has cops drive down.

It turned into our street, pulled into the driveway across the road, backed out and sat for a second before spotting me watching through the front window. He started rolling forwards real slow, watching my house as he crept away. He also watched me take a photo of him with my phone.

This all seems a bit suss. I don't appreciate the extra attention just because someone has a personal issue with me.

I'm starting to think it's all possibly related. It might not be, but it seems suss.

Regardless of how much of it is just paranoia and sheer coincidence, I'm curious as to what I can do to have it stopped if it is all personal beef. And I know I shouldn't have anything to hide, but what 19 year old guy doesn't?

I'm waiting to be pulled up for a roadworthy inspection or a ticket for parking somewhere or something. Or, to have my windows and panels kicked in.

Is there anything that can be done if I do get pulled up by one of this guys mates just because he's been in their ear? Is there any way to prove that it's me being watched rather than just a case of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

And also, is there an argument in the fact that I'm being watched because daddy's little princess has had a whinge?

If anyone could offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if there are any fine, upstanding enforcers of the law _ here on the forums, but I know of atleast one former cop, and I'm curious as to what may be an option as I don't really appreciate the extra attention.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Kryton

well if you had a tape/voice recorder you could record the threats made against you for starters.
keep taking photos of the cop/s that are hanging around and note the time.
if it is continually the same cop, then confront him (you dont have to make a scene-you just want his name), take his name down (its on his clothes) and also the rego of the cop car. go to the copshop and file a harrasment complaint against him. have the photos and the list of times as well. even if it seems nothing is being done about it, it will be. police harrasment isnt taken lightly.
if your not satisfied by that then take it to a higher level of the policeforce.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The question is, did she really run to daddy or not? You have not mentioned him speaking to you. She may be leading you astray on that count.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
460cixy
burn out king

its hard to say. but thay could be keeping an eye on you as a bit of a scare tactic or it could be totaly un related. could allways go to your local cop shop and ask them what the hell thay were doing.

im haveing some problems with a cop here at the moment with an oficer makeing threats then when asked his name and badge number gave me the number of some one else. needless to say i thing his going to be sorted by internal investgations.
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woz;I'm not a copper..but my best advice is to keep your nose so clean that it's not funny and to keep a record of all that has transpired from altercation to whenever.

Also I think you should get yourself a brief and tell it as its happened..that way if it ever gets to the court room you've covered your bum.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

She's been bragging to a couple of others about getting the cops to keep an eye on me. I guess whether she has or not, there's no real way to know that, which is why I mentioned it may be a case of paranoia, but todays incident did seem very suss.

Thanks go to everyone who has taken the time to reply to this thread or PM me about this. I really appreciate it.

Old 13-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

ok i feel sorry for you as you seem to have a dilema . my advice is to keep clean . dont go near her or her house . you may have hinted at a threat of some sort scaring the witts out of her . or she maybe a paranoid schitso.if you do no wrong there is no need to worry . however if someone else does her harm or her property . guess who is going to be 1st thought of . YOU. which is not good be cause you could end up a totally innocent victim . so i would try to sort it out with her and her dad .hang your head and apoligise for anything you said and re assure them that you are not a threat to anyone and they need not worry about you. ( eat some humble pie )and if you are still concerned about them explain to a police station ( preferrably the ones that own the cop cars you have seen the same . barring all of this . hold your breath and hope nothing bad happens in her life otherwise you are up shiiite creek.
this is why when you are 10 years older you will realise it is not worth shooting your mouth off about not being scared of anything . you will also realise that people wont like you . and it is thier problem and no concern of yours. a friend said to me once that if he had faced and stood up to everyone that had an issue with him . that he wouild not have time to eat and die of starvation .i'd rather eat drink and be merry.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Agatha Christie?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knock her up.
Old 14-10-2005, 02:57 PM   #10
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously, I'd start carring a video camera, even just on a phone, try and casually film the guy, as this is pretty damning evidence to present to the local cop stations in the area. I'd be sure to splash it around so the problem goes away.

You'll never win a war with a full on psyco, "scary" mates or not. As GTFV said sometimes humble pie saves you a lot of bother now, and makes you look innocent when you drain all their tranny's and diffs in a years time.
Old 14-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
parawolf
beep beep

keep your nose clean... dress smart... take notes of police when you do see them looking you over, and if they do come past your house... make sure you are dressed neat, and go out them and ask them what the matter is...

Give it a month... it will blow over... if it doesn't and the police are still around you, then make sure you have enough notes to file a harrasment charge.
Old 14-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #12
Valknutr

i say blow up the police station FIGHT THE POWER!!!!
kidding, as everyone has said take photos, times dates everything, keep yourself clean, but if you wanna have a bit of fun act really suspicious next time a cop car pulls up the front of your house or next to you
Old 14-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #13
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be going to the police station and ask if there was a reason the policeman was there,explain your situation and let them know that you will be taking notes and photos not just of them of anything a bit suss. You at least want it noted your concerns.If its a cop trying to scare you the sargeant will probably want to know why he was there. When photographing try to get number plate. I would probably go out to him if he comes into the street again and ask if you should be looking out for something suss and that you noticed him writing down your rego and why so. Apart from that keep your nose clean and good luck. Cops really don't have much time to be following people around unless they have good reason and if they are acting on a tip off from said girl and they pull you up and find nothing they will soon get to know what the girl is up to.
Old 14-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #14
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Ive been in similar situations before.

First off as most people have mentioned already KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN!
Its the most important rule. Remember cops dont make laws, they enforce them. So ensure your car is 110% above board regarding vehicle rules and regulations. Also ensure that you have a clean slate (clean it NOW) of all behaviours (inluding old parking fines etc).

Remember the golden rule that wins always. KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS.Nothing drives cops more mad than someone they cant touch and is being NICE to them.

Example. always address any police officer as "sir" at all times with a big smile and manners expected of a royal prince ( and make it seem genuine).

If the heat is on (ie coppers are out to get you) then don't snap cause that's what they want you to do, simply acknowledge any police officers request with.......

....."yes Sir, but may i enquire as to the reasoning to this [insert situation here] beacuse i am genuinley feeling like im being harrassed..."

You need to practice this line many times so it comes out very fluid, natural and honest, making sure you say it with concern and not in a sarcastic term.

The word harrasmant is the big NO-NO in the police force and any group of officers (groups are better for you as you have less chance of a "cowboy" if their peers are around) would back away instantly and know the gig is up if you produce this statement with the following up of gathering their names.

I do suggest you keep calm and dont over react everytime you see a copper. In fact try and find a "cops are tops" sticker or a checkered ribbon for you car. They wont know who they're dealing with.

Good luck :

PS: make sure you cars not too loud, and tyres ahave tread etc etc etc.
Old 14-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #15
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Went out last night. All the old crew were there. The girl in question spent most of the evening talking to guys she knew and eyeing me off, motioning towards me with her head while she spoke. Got a lot of dirty looks from her and a couple from some of the guys she spoke to. Also, the bouncers were keeping a very close eye on me all night which isn't completely uncommon there, but never like that. I am very good friends with the security manager at the place though, so although this girl does kindof speak to a couple of the bouncers there every now and then, whether she bagged me to them or not is fairly irrelevant.

I thought it was an interesting evening though.

Old 14-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #16
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
ok i feel sorry for you as you seem to have a dilema . my
advice is to keep clean . dont go near her or her house . you may have hinted at a threat of some sort scaring the witts out of her . or she maybe a paranoid schitso.if you do no wrong there is no need to worry . however if someone else does her harm or her property . guess who is going to be 1st thought of . YOU. which is not good be cause you could end up a totally innocent victim . so i would try to sort it out with her and her dad .hang your head and apoligise for anything you said and re assure them that you are not a threat to anyone and they need not worry about you. ( eat some humble pie )and if you are still concerned about them explain to a police station ( preferrably the ones that own the cop cars you have seen the same . barring all of this . hold your breath and hope nothing bad happens in her life otherwise you are up shiiite creek.
this is why when you are 10 years older you will realise it is not worth shooting your mouth off about not being scared of anything . you will also realise that people wont like you . and it is thier problem and no concern of yours. a friend said to me once that if he had faced and stood up to everyone that had an issue with him . that he wouild not have time to eat and die of starvation .i'd rather eat drink and be merry.
^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^
Old 14-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #17
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time for new friends and a different lay I reckon. Did that myself many years ago. I out grew my friends when I was 19/20. Your real friends will stick with you. One of my closest friends is a brother of a bloke I went to school with.

Girls are trouble. Stay away from girls. Women are too sometimes but not all of them are bad.

Hanging around somewhere such as a carpark at night isn't smart either. Been there done that too. Yes, you can be doing nothing and still get hassled. I was quite well known to my local police many years ago. Not sure what for but I got pulled over in my Escort that was stock apart from a sports exhaust practically daily. My record is 4 times in one day. In the end I never had to produce my license as most were on 1st name basis with me. After 2 years on my P's I removed the P plate and was never pulled over till many many years later.

A funny story is when I use to bike ride home drunk. I use to have a police car pull up, travel behind me, then I'd hear "Brenden". I'd just yell back "yeah". Then I'd get "your on your way home are you?" I'd respond "yeah". I'd get "okay, have a good night".

I've never met an arrogant police officer. I've met some uneducated ones but the one thing they were was down the line. I've always treated them politely though. You never know when you'll need them.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #18
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, as an ex-copper I agree with others here who have suggested keeping your nose clean. However, on the other hand, all we have is your version of events and we all know there are 2 sides to a story. Maybe her father does have a few mates who are keeping an eye on you, so more the reason to behave yourself. I know one thing - I have 4 daughters and if I had trouble with some smart-**** 19 year old who thinks he knows it all, he would be answering to me first before the rest of the constabulary. My advice to you is don't even worry about the crap going on around you and your 'so-called' friends because you will learn as you get older that 95% of things that go on around you are not worth worrying about or getting upset about. So chill out dude and keep a low profile.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
I know one thing - I have 4 daughters and if I had trouble with some smart-**** 19 year old who thinks he knows it all, he would be answering to me first before the rest of the constabulary.
My dad would be very much the same, as I would be if I was a father. If the old man in question came to me personally as was originally threatened, I would respect him for that more than if he went and asked mates to stir me.

Old 14-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
big_pete
Sublime

sounds like you need a new bunch of 'friends'
it seems all they want to do is cause trouble for you and themselves. and to be honest not good people to hang around with if your trying to be a decent person.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:47 AM   #21
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
sounds like you need a new bunch of 'friends'
it seems all they want to do is cause trouble for you and themselves. and to be honest not good people to hang around with if your trying to be a decent person.
I don't know if I'm all that interested in being a decent person, but that group of friends is long gone now. Had a few confrontations on thursday night and we're all aware that there's not a great chance of it all blowing over.

I don't wish to be around people I can't trust.