Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
ryan_meyer
Starter Motor

Default guys need help BIGTIME

hey guys need help i want some speakers for my eb for the front doors using the standard position can you please tell if you or someone has put some in and what are they i bought soundstream 6.5's not looking then i realised they where f*&*ing too big and we looked at the standard 6's and the magnet is quite shallow NEED HELP !!!

ryan_meyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

iv put MTX speakers in my doors, 6inchs i think, could be 6.5"??not sure. but anyway the magnet is really big of my speakers too and there fine!!window never fouls it!
Old 28-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

EB 1 had 4" speaker holes like the EA, EBII-onwards got 6" speaker holes in the front doors.

Whats the actual problem? The magnets are too big or the door holes are too small?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

If worst comes to worst just make up some pods. I had the same problem as you in that the magnet was fouling the window and even a spacer wouldn't bring it out far enough. Making pods is quite easy and if your willing, drop us a pm and i'll give you a run down of what's involved.

here's a pic of the pods i've recently made for my daily...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/grandmaster1/poded3.jpg

Ps, i like your user name, hope that Rmeyers wasn't your first choice :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
ryan_meyer
Starter Motor

no the doors too small but the windows is freaking close i want to use the standard mounting position they are 6 inch speakers but the window is so freaking close to the magnet the soundstreams were just going to hit what mtx's do you have need some good gear not crap cheers guys keep replying!!
Old 28-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

morel dotech are a top speaker and very cheap for what they are.
they have a small basket and magnet but sound very nice. they arent the bassiest speakers but clearer than most under $400 speakers ive heard. i ad them in my ea and they sounded awesome i just hacked the holes to make them fit.

www.fhrxstudios.com stock morel and last time i checked they were around 350

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
NatashaED
Still Waiting!!

I have non-standards in my ED, as soon as i get home, i'll have a look at them, and i have no problems whatsoever. so i'll let you know what i got, they are most likely from JVC in melb... that's where the rest of my sys came from [the front speakers came with the car, so i have n idea, yet].
tash
NatashaED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
ryan_meyer
Starter Motor

sick cheers
its just a pain they make car non stereo friendly i just want to bolt up uin stuffing around and sound crytal clear and loud for a good price dont want to spend 300-400 bucks but 150+
Old 28-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
illusivedreams

Sorry ... $150 why not $50?

I worked my whole childhood in car audio $150 For a split dosent get you much...

$150 2 way you may get soemthing pretty good.....(lack of base)

Remember buy once buy right......

Save up alittle get something prooven it will save you a fortune...

Iv seen guys come in to my shop by junk... I tell them they are buying junk.....(didnt listen)

2 weeks later....Hey brooooo why did you sell me this ****...My mates tell me you ripped me off...........My replay mate your ****ing clown...You gave me a $50 budget to work with...and you complain.....But bro Im going to get my boys on you ahahahah Memmories....Came back 1 week later gave me $500 we put great speakers in.....I did him a deal on Pioneer Split silver.....GBL Gt for the back :thebirds:
illusivedreams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
ryan_meyer
Starter Motor

Default hey

Yeah i have good gear pioneer colour oel headunit tarantula splits in the back and 1200wrms us audio d class and a two bmf12inch subs and a cadence 4 channel ive paid for quality before but i dont know what im playing with what can fit in the front for a reasonable price i know my gear
Old 29-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #11
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Why not go for boston 4" in the front presuming from the post you have 4" holes...

I have them and tarantula slpits in the rear as well...
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

my MTX's are only cheapish ones, not the bottom model but a few up i think. they are coaxels and sound fine to me, i dont even have an amp YET! and they're fine!
Old 29-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
ryan_meyer
Starter Motor

Default Braden

what mtx are they you got a model number or something ???