Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Default Shell faces fresh charges on oil spill risk

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...377206328.html

Quote:
SHELL Australia faces fresh prosecution over licence breaches at its Geelong refinery after the Environment Protection Authority criticised the poor environmental performance of the company's jetty operations.

An EPA audit found Shell had no documented plan to deal with a tanker hitting the refinery jetty and potentially releasing hundreds of thousands of litres of hydrocarbons into Corio Bay.

The audit, obtained by The Age, said there was an unacceptably high risk to the "environmental beneficial uses" of the water surrounding the jetty, including impact on marine fauna and the potential for spilt oil to damage the shore.

Shell is facing court action by the EPA over an oil spill into the bay in April. The EPA revealed it was finalising an investigation into a separate incident in May, with Shell facing a fine or further legal action.
As an ex-employee of Shell, I have to say, this does not suprise me, there are many things they do that are very dangerous that the public don't know about.

The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post