Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #31
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

They killed the Good tasting southwest sauce just before i moved to QLD by adding fake bacon flavout to it. When i moved from VIC to QLD i found the carrot and beatroot replaced pineapple. I asked WHY HAS THE PINEAPPLE STATE GOT NO PINAPPLE? They said they didn't know. Now Subway is a rare (once a month or two)trip down from 4 nights a week. (4 nights = gym nights, second dinner).
The Meatballs are good with double cheese and lettuce. But not as good as chicken fillets, southwest (original), lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and old english cheese.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #32
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
All I gotto say is they better not change their cookies.......
The only changing they need for the cookies is to call them BISCUITS!!!!

This happens a bit when I get Subway;

"Would you like any cookies with that?"
"No thanks, but I'll grab an ANZAC biscuit."
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 01:45 AM   #33
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
The only changing they need for the cookies is to call them BISCUITS!!!!

This happens a bit when I get Subway;

"Would you like any cookies with that?"
"No thanks, but I'll grab an ANZAC biscuit."
Same goes for chips, sauce and any other Americanism for which there is an Australian version.

Stuffs them up every time!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 01:56 AM   #34
Philbie
Drvtme

there is a time where enough is enough. fast food is becoming so fast that now we can't get real vegetables and cheese anymore.

Which reminds me, has anyone measured the diametre of a filet of fish from that McD restaurant lately?

Seems since the removal of styrene containers (yes to you young people out there they were wrapped differently once upon a time.) which really DID dictate the diametre of the burger that was in it, now we have a acid free paper which wraps the burger, but the burger within it continues to get smaller and smaller, yet the price continues to get bigger and bigger!

maybe it's time to measure the length and width of my fries.........will that drop in size another 1mm.....stay tuned!

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #35
fordchick
To the Mess Mobile!

I have never even seen pineapple available at my local subway stores! But i was devistated when beetroot got the boot! How i loved my chicken terryaki with double cheese, lettuce, carrot and beetroot!! Now i have gone back to my old fave chicken fillet with double cheese, lettuce and carrot. Meatballs with double cheese and lettuce is quite yummy as well. And how i did love chicken pizzaola! :( i miss it. But i do remember this one knob at a store forgot to put CHICKEN on it! I was like, umm, how about some chicken for my CHICKEN pizzaola.. lol. Theres a new sub chain up here that is meant to blow subway away by a million miles in taste, size and selection (my friend LOVES it, he refuses to have subway now). I cant remember how its spelt, but the name starts with a Q. Its down at the other end of the Gold Coast so i havent been yet. Mmmmm might be time for a drive today!

"Sparkes has a purple knob!"

Sparkles, the stuffed toys in my car add kilowatts i swear!! :

http://www.myspace.com/zomg
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #36
hamo
since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Aah, nothing beats a footlong chicken fillet with bacon, double meat, on parmesan oregano... :
i don't go often, i get too confused in there...too many ingredients to remember....don't know which sauce would taste good with what. i just end up holding everybody up.

but i will try the above combo today for lunch, someone tell me what sauce i should have with it!!! and should it have and salads on it??

all this confusion :

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #37
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I had my subway melt a couple of days ago, at the Scoresby Subway, and I got my pineapple in it. They better not scrap it from the menu.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #38
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, put your gripes in here about no beetroot or pineapple

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/App...erService.aspx
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post