Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU2-3 and BA 320mm brake upgrades from FTG

I have fitted this brake kit today and am really happy with the results, braking performance has increased dramatically.
Fitted no hassle, surprised how much bigger they are, and how they fill the wheels better.
On another note, i done my rears aswell and found the pass rear caliper was seized, which was a bugger but managed to sort it out till i get a new one.
I highly recommend this setup, as its all genuine ford, and if it can pull up the lard **** B series, then they work excellent on an AU.

philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pics???
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I shouldve taken pics, but the heat today, i just wanted to get them on, and i was stressing over the seized rear caliper..lol
Ill take some pics tommorro and post them up.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
xr8ute
Back on the road

Gad your happy with the results. Im piecing bits together for this conversion at the moment...I've never driven a car before with decent brakes :P

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My original brakes were on their way out, still pulled up good, but not good enough after a few good stops.
They have done 80,500 kms, pads, rotors, still the original factory ones, i reckon i got good mileage out of them, and i think i couldve squeezed another 10,000 from them at least..lol.
Bedding in these brakes today, very impressed, stopping distance dramatically improved, no shudder at all, 60 kph, hard on the brakes, no hands on the wheel, pulling up straight no hassles, 15 times in a row.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

This is just the PBR 330mm disc twin piston set isnt it? The Herrod set I have is the same and they are a brilliant bit of gear. Im about to do new rotors and pads on mine though.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Hey good to see you got them all fitted, i was actually thinking today i wonder if you were gonna attempt them in this heat. Top effort in todays heat, how do you think i felt under the car yesterday and wrapping the motor up today ready for postage?. Back on topic when i was bedding in my new rotors and pads an old couple thought i was a bit :

Shaun.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #8
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not quite, slightly smaller rotor (322mm) and a different caliper, though the callipers would be the same size, they have PBR2 cast on them.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neishaxr8
Hey good to see you got them all fitted, i was actually thinking today i wonder if you were gonna attempt them in this heat. Top effort in todays heat, how do you think i felt under the car yesterday and wrapping the motor up today ready for postage?. Back on topic when i was bedding in my new rotors and pads an old couple thought i was a bit :

Shaun.
LOL shaun, luckily i had a hoist, made life easier, and a very large diameter pedestal fan blowing a gale onto me!!
I feel for you mate, as i know what its like, been doing it for years, definatly hard yakka in this bloody heat, at least you have some serious grunt to look forward to :
I still have to replace the rear caliper and give the whole braking system a flush, and some new synthetic brake fluid, replace the exhaust gaskets, and give it a service, and then after new year, replace pedal box, sort out diff, and maybe see if i can fix this bloody T5..lol.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

The FTG set up is basically the rotors and calipers from a territory.

I am putting this set up on my series 1 fairmont, (swapping to series 2 hubs ,xr8 swaybar etc) I'll then take my DBA front rotors and put them on the rears along with some police spec BA rear calipers that I happen to also have. When I finish painting them I'll post up the fitting pics for anyone contemplating doing this for a series 1 car.
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is different with these police spec rear calipers?

Fitting this brake package on an AU2/3 is just like fitting standard brakes and caliper, everything is bolt on, only thing you have to watch for is the tightness of the brake hose on full lock, but that can be sorted by positioning the retainer on the hose.

You will not know your car after this brake upgrade on an AU1.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #12
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how much did it cost in parts?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #13
BAturb

I also have this upgrade, I went for the front and the rears, what a difference, I paid $1250 for the whole lot, front and rear rotors with calipers, anyone who does this upgrade will not be dissapointed

Dyno figures are just Numbers!!!

Winner best Ford ute any model
07 Adelaide all Ford day
BAturb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #14
Demonio
Dropkick

[QUOTE=kiwikid10]The FTG set up is basically the rotors and calipers from a territory.[QUOTE]

can someone please confirm for me that these rotors and calipers are the same as the BF XR6T and the BF Territory. I have been looking for a good brake upgade for awhile I currently have a BA MK2 wit standard brakes.
Also its a long shot but does anyone know the part numbers for the calipers
Thanx
Nathan

Last edited by Demonio; 23-02-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #15
Tow_Ute XL V8
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU2-3 and BA 320mm brake upgrades from FTG

I have been looking through the google machine for the past couple of days (on and off) for this mysterious FTG kit but... I cannot find a link or product page anywhere...

Someone help me out with a link??
Old 13-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #16
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU2-3 and BA 320mm brake upgrades from FTG

The FT Gully business changed hands and then moved. I think they are no longer in business. There are threads in this or the AU - BF falcon section on brake upgrades that are useful.
Bill
2 users like this post: