Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
dave289
Banned

Default FG2 and beyond ...When does it arrive ?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I dont get on everyday, so obviuosly dont see everything, mods feel free to close if needed .

Was wondering when fg2 might arrive. It has now been over 2 years since fg release and usually they would change series after a couple of years. Just wondering what improvments or features we might have over fg1. The main reason I ask is that is seems that the fg1 for many owners has quite a few niggling problems and some hereditary problems and was hoping they may address some these issues with series 2. I would also like to know when we might see a redesign from fg2 shape. most previous ford models have changed shape every 4-6 years.

dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289

Was wondering when fg2 might arrive. It has now been over 2 years since fg release and usually they would change series after a couple of years.
I expected May this year would be the coming of the new model seeing as warranty's and lease may be up and it would make sense for Ford to capitalize on some of these customers for repeat business.

Though everyday that passes without word makes me think it may still be a while coming.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's due for an update later in the year to receive EcoBoost and LiLPG. That will possibly be incorporated into an "FGII" update.
There are FG update mules going around at the moment with camouflaged front ends which may mean a design change to bring it more in line with the looks of the new Territory.
I believe it will also include an updated interior bringing some of the new features of the Territory such as the touch screen and voice control, in order to better compete with the Commodore (in terms of gimmicks anyway ).
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

looking forward to new tail lights
Old 03-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
It's due for an update later in the year to receive EcoBoost and LiLPG. That will possibly be incorporated into an "FGII" update.
There are FG update mules going around at the moment with camouflaged front ends which may mean a design change to bring it more in line with the looks of the new Territory.
I believe it will also include an updated interior bringing some of the new features of the Territory such as the touch screen and voice control, in order to better compete with the Commodore (in terms of gimmicks anyway ).
ECOBOOST , I had forgotten about that one. Will be interesting to see how it goes both on the road and in the sales dapartment. Is anybody planning on getting an ecoboost or entertained the idea ?
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
HaLLiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro XR6
And why is that?
HaLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLLiS
And why is that?
i will second that - i reckon FG back end is one of its best views..can drive behind one all day going "how sweet is that ***"!!!
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLLiS
And why is that?
It may be something as simple as the taillight change that BA-BF had. Nitro XR6 may not necessarily be referring to a whole new design overhaul.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG2 will probably come out next year.

Dont think Eco-boost and LPI will instigate a new model launch.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Correct sm1dy, referring to the light change ie BA to BF so heres hoping for a nice set of new tail lights as a direct replacement just like the BA-BF

Oh and eco boost will be good to watch out for!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

My guess would be later this year. It will be timed to have let Territory settle in, and also to avoid conflicting with the launch of the new Focus.

I'm also betting that FPV will be adding some elements in FG2 as well - which could explain why we didn't see any handling or wheel size changes on the mid-model engine upgrade.

Lukeyson
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
psychoticgroove
SRT

FG backside = BORING!!
and that includes the FPVs.... what was a good looking posterior was the BFII F6 and the Force6/8! and in the current scenario (i sense i may get bucket loads of grief for it) the HSV Senator rear end looks dope!

For FGII, i hope they change the wheels (dreadful!, people who say the' wheels have grown on them' are kidding themselves, its like that gorgeous chic at the bar you're aching to chat up to but her enormous feet put you off! ultimately you think stuff it, the rest of the package is so good, the big feet are growing on me ), give us the One Ford interior tech stuff and change the design of the rear!!

My 2 cents. Now, now, be nice, there's no need for name calling...

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Her- 2012 Territory TS TDCI
psychoticgroove is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoticgroove
FG backside = BORING!!
and that includes the FPVs.... what was a good looking posterior was the BFII F6 and the Force6/8! and in the current scenario (i sense i may get bucket loads of grief for it) the HSV Senator rear end looks dope!

For FGII, i hope they change the wheels (dreadful!, people who say the' wheels have grown on them' are kidding themselves, its like that gorgeous chic at the bar you're aching to chat up to but her enormous feet put you off! ultimately you think stuff it, the rest of the package is so good, the big feet are growing on me ), give us the One Ford interior tech stuff and change the design of the rear!!

FG Wheels are a carry over from BF, as im sure you are aware and the Dark Argents are one of the best wheels ford has made.
What id like to see in FGII
-Xenons
-Some form of MRC (FPV)
-Wider wheels (I do like current designs though)
-A little weight loss
-An interior with some of the features of the Mondeo IMO the Mondeo is light years ahead inside compared to falcon.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoticgroove
FG backside = BORING!!

Why would you care what the back of a FG looks like?

What are you, a Commodore SS or HSV driver?

Don't worry, it is never long before it is too far off in the distance in front of you for you to remain annoyed....:
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro XR6
just put some G6 (not G6E) tail lights in, they look a lot nicer with the smoked bezel. I've always hated the altezza like tail lights on the FG XR, but it's a simple fix and i'm presuming they're a straight swap like B series. The FG XR50 gets the G6 tail lights from what i've seen and they look heaps better.

It's strange the way Ford decides to change things radically, as with the B series there was only 1 tail light style, but with FG there are 3. I guess with the XT getting chrome higlights/grille etc, full colour coding, they had to differentiate a little more.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
psychoticgroove
SRT

[QUOTE=DJM83]FG Wheels are a carry over from BF, as im sure you are aware and the Dark Argents are one of the best wheels ford has made.
QUOTE]

Agreed! I love Dark Argents as well as the Typhoon R-spec wheels on my car.
My bad, i meant the new wheels on the S/C GT are terrible....

Flappist mate, i said there was no need for name calling, then why would you call me a Holden driver?? Dont get ur panties in a knot would ya!

I care what the back of FGs look like because I'd be in the market in the next couple of years for an FPV and would hate it if the back end looked like it does now!
I like to drive behind FPVs, but lately been tempted by the HSV Senators....

And mate, given enough mods, no car is too far away....

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
FG Wheels are a carry over from BF, as im sure you are aware and the Dark Argents are one of the best wheels ford has made.
What id like to see in FGII
-Xenons
-Some form of MRC (FPV)
-Wider wheels (I do like current designs though)
-A little weight loss
-An interior with some of the features of the Mondeo IMO the Mondeo is light years ahead inside compared to falcon.
Only FPV are carries over. The 'Ford's' had all new wheels.
I think the wheels suit B series more than FG to be honest. The XR 17's look pretty bad (sorry), but I saw a set on a silver BA XR6 and it actually looked quite good. Same as G6 wheels. Saying that all the 18''+ wheels look great imo.
I think the FG2 will have new territory style lights, if not an exact copy to fit Falcon lines.
Also a new Front bar on all models, possibly rear bar. I'm not a fan of the plastic 'diffuser' plastic grid. Like they added it because they couldn't think of anything else to fill in a big flat space.
I'd say the interior will be a carbon copy or close to it of the New Territory.
And they'll fix up little niggly issues from FG 1. Not sure what they all are cause I don't own one, but things like A/C etc.
Just little things to make an overall large difference.

In my opinion

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=psychoticgroove]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
QUOTE]

Agreed! I love Dark Argents as well as the Typhoon R-spec wheels on my car.
My bad, i meant the new wheels on the S/C GT are terrible....

Flappist mate, i said there was no need for name calling, then why would you call me a Holden driver?? Dont get ur panties in a knot would ya!

I care what the back of FGs look like because I'd be in the market in the next couple of years for an FPV and would hate it if the back end looked like it does now!
I like to drive behind FPVs, but lately been tempted by the HSV Senators....

And mate, given enough mods, no car is too far away....
It was a joke, Joyce......

Only Holden drivers ever get to look at the rear of a FG and then only for a short time
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
Only FPV are carries over. The 'Ford's' had all new wheels.
I think the wheels suit B series more than FG to be honest.
Yep i know i was talking FPV's

Also people talking mods, dont bother 90% or buyers dont mod their cars, we are talking standard cars
Old 03-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #20
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
It may be something as simple as the taillight change that BA-BF had.
They changed the tail lights?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
Jesmol

FG MCA (Mid cycle action update) is due out 3rd qtr this year.

We're working on a few little bits and bob's , nothing really interesting though.
Jesmol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
psychoticgroove
SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It was a joke, Joyce......

Only Holden drivers ever get to look at the rear of a FG and then only for a short time
ahahahha clearly, i must be grumpy today

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #23
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I think its reasonable to say that the new interior bits and bobs in the forthcoming Territory will find their way into FGII...

That is unless Ford find some stupid way of hobbling it yet again.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
They changed the tail lights?
Yeah on the BF the tail/brake lights had the reflector changed over to make an LED style effect.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
Lpi should come before fg2 if there are no further delays.

It will be an advantage to release it on its own right rather than with an upgrade for the whole range to gain maximum press.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

I just want a concept pic or a bloody date, so I can hold off my current FG XR6T purchase...
kaniSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Lpi should come before fg2 if there are no further delays.

It will be an advantage to release it on its own right rather than with an upgrade for the whole range to gain maximum press.
Do you reckon they'll release the fg2 this year though? I've heard it may get delayed. Initially was supposed to be 3qrt....

Dan

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, I can buy a Taurus in November??????????????????/
Old 04-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
I just want a concept pic or a bloody date, so I can hold off my current FG XR6T purchase...
This is the FG 2

Last edited by csv8; 08-06-2011 at 11:48 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #30
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
This is the FG 2
Don't be stupid.

FGII is on the cards for later this year. It will be I4T and I6/T, and LiLPG will also be making an appearance. Territory will be released first, and then Falcon will follow for late Q3 early Q4.

Taurus is not what Falcon will merge into. Taurus is under enough of a threat from Fusion/Mondeo. Falcon is still slated to merge with Mustang and develop into a GRWD platform. Just don't expect some of the things we are used to currently in Falcon to remain. I'm talking I6...
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post