Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default OK, so i nearly died today!

hey guys, I would like to share with you my exciting day today!

I was coming up from Woodside (east Gippsland) to Rosedale, about 45 min away.
I was about 3 KM out of rosedale when i see an oncoming car (light blue ford laser sedan) speed up ( 100km/h zone ) about 100 meters ahead of me and dive into my lane, at first i thought " oh must be a group of d!ck head kids stuffing around, then i thought maybe he is going to turn off the road....... etc etc..

then as he got to about 50m away i thought oh crap, this dude wants to kill himself, me and my missus.
anyway, I gave the anchors a good stomp and got the car under 80km/h and started to move off the road onto the rough stuff, as i started moving off the road this bloke swerved even harder to try hit me head on.

picture it as.. a 2 way road, 100km/h small shoulders on either side of the road with not too much room for error.

So, i had my car half off the road trying to avoid this moron who was coming at me HELL fast!! I swerved a bit more to counter his swerve towards me and as he was about 5 meters ahead i flung my car HARD left.
Got my car about 1 & a half meters off the shoulder of the road with no more room to play with, and managed to get out of a HUGE accident.

I doubt you could slide a piece of paper between our mirrors it was that close, doing around the 100km/h mark!

I think:
If i came to a stop he would have hit me head on.. at excessive speeds.
If i stayed in my lane and drove like an inexpericed girl would... i would be dead right now..
If i met this guy about 100 meters earlier on this road i would be dead, because there was no way to avoid an accident given that the road cuts through a hill with no shoulders.

once he past me he just kept speeding and drove back into his lane, i was waiting for him to brake and stop or something but he kept going.
Since our mobiles were out of range i made the decision to floor it to the cop shop which wasnt far way to hopefully get this guy off the road before he kills someone, & i arrived to an EMPTY cop shop.

then made another quick trip to my sisters house and got the cops on the phone, made my report and waited for a call back.

15 minutes later they call me up and say, we found the car that tried to colide with you wrapped around a tree.
So I jumped in my car and got back out to where it all went down.
and sure enough, there is a light blue, what used to be a laser sedan, sitting half way into a tree.

Apprently the ***** survived and was taken to hospital.

i hope you die ar-se hole!

spooky thing was just last night i was talking to my girlfriend about when you drive, you have to have 100% faith in other drivers, especially with on coming traffic, because if someone is in that state of mind to commit suicide they don't really care who they hurt along with them self.

now tell me that is a coincidence!

Has anyone else had a close shave like that before?

Rob

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Unbelieveable, pitty you don't drive a Hummer, get down to the hospital and make sure he's ok, if he is, bash him.

I had a Volvo driver overtake 5 cars and meet me head on in the middle of overtaking, i was fully off the road with my trailer to miss him, if i could have done a u-turn and caught him i'd be doing time about now.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

The guy sounds like a c**t, pity he didn't die.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH

Last edited by needfordspeed; 23-10-2005 at 09:07 PM.
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
sfr rob

my sister works at both the big hospitals there doing nursing, so she is going to find out who it is for me!

hahaha......
hello pipe wrench!
Old 23-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

yes i have had a close encounter like that, a couple actually.

the scariest one was when i'd had my licence for about 3 months or so. was driving along and get to within 100 meters of the traffic coming the other way when a guy pulls out to pass....
i went off the road into the gravel and grass, and just pulled the car back onto the road in the nick of time from going into a 6foot wide / 4 foot deep culvert...

that one shook me up a bit lol

as you mentioned, you could be the best driver in the world, but you have to drive for every other ******** out there.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Lukcy to hear that ya survived mate. Someone up stairs must like ya

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #7
MAD
Petro-sexual

That is INSANE, nothing I would have ever thought of happening before. I have no idea what I would have done in that circumstance, its just beyond comprehension.

Its good to see that you came out of it alright though, albeit shaken no doubt.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate I'm glad you and your missus are ok... as for this other bloke, hopefully he gets the help he needs (if he survives?) so he wont try that sort of crap again. I dont know how people could be such cowards and try to harm other innocent random people just because their own life is so fvcked up.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
sfr rob

yeah, i am fine though, my poor girlfriend though!
we were just discussing our wedding plans and stuff, and she couldnt talk for a good 5 minutes afterwards, so she was pretty shaken, i was too busy bouncing off the speed limiter trying to get the coppers out there!
Old 23-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #10
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Unbelieveable, pitty you don't drive a Hummer, get down to the hospital and make sure he's ok, if he is, bash him.

I had a Volvo driver overtake 5 cars and meet me head on in the middle of overtaking, i was fully off the road with my trailer to miss him, if i could have done a u-turn and caught him i'd be doing time about now.

now thats driving!!
good work mate!
Old 23-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Good to hear that you came out alive!

These days you need to drive a prime mover with every fu*$wit behind the wheel.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #12
XRated
Shoot.

What a sick bastard. Very glad to hear you came out on top!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #13
rodderz

Goes to show that it doesnt matter how good a driver you are, or whether you are under the speed limit, that sometimes the actions of other road users can cause you to be in serious spots of bother

Lucky you're both OK Rob.....
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Wrong, just wrong. You did the right thing.. just a shame the tree wasnt a bit bigger to do the final job properly.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #15
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Wrong, just wrong. You did the right thing.. just a shame the tree wasnt a bit bigger to do the final job properly.
It just makes you think though, what IF, you know... what IF right now i wasnt sitting here, instead either cold and stiff, or hooked up to a machine, you know?

I dont have ANY sympathy for people like that!
Old 23-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #16
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Bloody unbelievable, Good to hear your OK

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #17
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geeze Rob. After all that trouble deciding on a body kit and getting the front sorted.
Glad to hear your ok.

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. On road I haven't travelled for sometime that has road works, no street lights and it was a wet night. I remember that the lane merged at some point not to far away, so I see a bus ahead and thinking now is a good time to get past him. In the ACT, Action Buses always indicate at the point they start to move. They come out of bus stops and in most cases always move then indicate. Anyway, i get to the bus and he starts to move into my lane, indicator comes on and I see that the lane is merging. Only travelled 1/3 of the bus at this time, with the road wet rather than brake hard, I put the pedal to the floor. I have to move as the bus is merging. Then I see head lights in front of me. When our lane merges, theirs becomes 2 lanes. They move into the left lane as I'm in their overtaking lane. As I get past the bus I cut back in front of him. I felt the air between us pushing my car out.

It was close. Heart in the mouth. I guess one of those spilt second decisions. Could have gone either way. Result too.

I'm keen to hear the outcome of the guy in Hospital. I wonder why he did what he did.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #18
sfr rob

wow mate, thats a hair raiser hey!?

honestly, i dont wish the best for this bloke, and i would have NO IDEA why he would try and stack into me!

time for some stiff drinks i think!
:
Old 23-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #19
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Man,you were lucky.i remember back in the late eighties Between Sale and Bairnsdale when a young bloke who hired a Corolla drove straight into a Log carrying Truck and killed both himself and the truck driver,just by doing a stupid and senseless act by committing suicide,but why take some innocent person out with you.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #20
EDXR
GRRRRRR

Good to hear you're o.k mate.

I don't know if i would have been as quick thinking had i been in the same situation.

It's a pity you didn't just turn around and catch up with the d1ckhead.
I'm sure you could have helped him out with that whole suicide thing.......... :jab:
EDXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #21
LUXO_8
windsor user

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
,but why take some innocent person out with you.
Cheers John
thats exactly what i dont get...
selfish assholes.... just drive into a tree not another car carrying possibly a full family, or taking half of a family. you know...

really hurts to think about it......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #22
sfr rob

it wasnt really quick thinking.
I just got in control of the situation i was in.
I knew that i had to take evasive action to get out of that one and didnt panic. thats why i didnt totally swerve onto the side of the road where i had no more room to play with, i left enough to scrape through if i HAD to.. which i did HAVE to use!

Also .. i think it came down to my new MOMO steering wheel! LOL
and my new body kit!
Old 23-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great driving mate

glad to hear you and your girlfriend come out o/k

being the type of people that most of us are on these forums why dont we see what sort of help we can give this guy

to me he sounds like he might need some help

and i think we as ford people might just be the ones to get himout of the duldrams that he might be going through

he does drive a ford after all

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #24
EDXR
GRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob

Also .. i think it came down to my new MOMO steering wheel! LOL

Yes!!, it was surely the momo wheel that did it!!................ :eclipsee_
Still......I think the guy using the momo wheel may have had a little to do with it too!!

ED XR6-polynesian green,factory 5 spd manual,factory electric sunroof,momo wheel,cruise control,custom plates.
EDXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #25
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Wow! What a crazy mofo! Glad you are ok, and no innocent people were hurt! There are some idiots on the road... this is a shocker of a story, wonder what the cops will do about the guy?
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #26
BJ
Banned

How about you look at what would have made this person do this sort of thing. I know what he was going to do to you and your family was shocking, but i think it is more a case of deep rooted trouble for this person. I am in no way condoning what they did i just think there may be more to it than just some dick head out there trying to kill you. Do you know that the death rate of country kids is double that of the city cousins. Glad you and you family are ok. John
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #27
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez mate thats scary. i do admit when i occasionaly look at a car coming the other direction and imagine.. what if he suddenly swerved into my lane, what would i do.

however im always thinking it would happen "by accident".. i would never consider someone doing it with intent.. and that itself is truely scary. once again you did damn well thinking quick and reacting to this idiot's kamakase attack. something for all of us to bear in mind while on the road.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #28
sfr rob

honestly mate, i dont care what this guys problems are/were, and i am glad you dont condone his actions!

It's just that i am SICK TO DEATH of hearing people feeling sorry for these losers!
Especially when they take innocent people out with them, it makes my blood boil!

Plus i just waxed and polished my car for about 2 hours before i left for the weekend! LOL
Old 23-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #29
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
hey guys, I would like to share with you my exciting day today!

I was coming up from Woodside (east Gippsland) to Rosedale, about 45 min away.
I was about 3 KM out of rosedale when i see an oncoming car (light blue ford laser sedan) speed up ( 100km/h zone ) about 100 meters ahead of me and dive into my lane, at first i thought " oh must be a group of d!ck head kids stuffing around, then i thought maybe he is going to turn off the road....... etc etc..

then as he got to about 50m away i thought oh crap, this dude wants to kill himself, me and my missus.
anyway, I gave the anchors a good stomp and got the car under 80km/h and started to move off the road onto the rough stuff, as i started moving off the road this bloke swerved even harder to try hit me head on.

picture it as.. a 2 way road, 100km/h small shoulders on either side of the road with not too much room for error.

So, i had my car half off the road trying to avoid this moron who was coming at me HELL fast!! I swerved a bit more to counter his swerve towards me and as he was about 5 meters ahead i flung my car HARD left.
Got my car about 1 & a half meters off the shoulder of the road with no more room to play with, and managed to get out of a HUGE accident.

I doubt you could slide a piece of paper between our mirrors it was that close, doing around the 100km/h mark!

I think:
If i came to a stop he would have hit me head on.. at excessive speeds.
If i stayed in my lane and drove like an inexpericed girl would... i would be dead right now..
If i met this guy about 100 meters earlier on this road i would be dead, because there was no way to avoid an accident given that the road cuts through a hill with no shoulders.

once he past me he just kept speeding and drove back into his lane, i was waiting for him to brake and stop or something but he kept going.
Since our mobiles were out of range i made the decision to floor it to the cop shop which wasnt far way to hopefully get this guy off the road before he kills someone, & i arrived to an EMPTY cop shop.

then made another quick trip to my sisters house and got the cops on the phone, made my report and waited for a call back.

15 minutes later they call me up and say, we found the car that tried to colide with you wrapped around a tree.
So I jumped in my car and got back out to where it all went down.
and sure enough, there is a light blue, what used to be a laser sedan, sitting half way into a tree.

Apprently the ***** survived and was taken to hospital.

i hope you die ar-se hole!

spooky thing was just last night i was talking to my girlfriend about when you drive, you have to have 100% faith in other drivers, especially with on coming traffic, because if someone is in that state of mind to commit suicide they don't really care who they hurt along with them self.

now tell me that is a coincidence!

Has anyone else had a close shave like that before?

Rob
I had a similar experience last month when I was driving home from work. It was late at night and I was only a couple of hundred meters from work. It all happened so quickly that I don't know how it occured. All I know is that I was minding my own business and there was 3 or 4 cars coming in the opposite direction. Then without any warning one of them was coming straight at me. As soon as I saw the headlights coming at me I instinctively jumped on the brakes and pulled hard left. We JUST missed each other other. I looked in the rear vision mirror and saw that the other car was on the correct side of the road and kept driving in the opposite direction as if nothing had occurred. I was so stunned by the incident that I kept driving home but at reduced pace. I can't remember what make the other car was because it was night and the incident passed very quickly. It wasn't in Gippsland but it wasn't that far from Gippsland.

FF

Last edited by Falcon Freak; 24-10-2005 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Tidy up
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:56 PM   #30
BJ
Banned

Quote:
honestly mate, i dont care what this guys problems are/were, and i am glad you dont condone his actions!

It's just that i am SICK TO DEATH of hearing people feeling sorry for these losers!
Especially when they take innocent people out with them, it makes my blood boil!

Plus i just waxed and polished my car for about 2 hours before i left for the weekend! LOL
Yep and blood is a to get out isn't it :
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post