Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 02-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
jaa55
Starter Motor

Default Cougar from US

anyone else have a cougar?? :

jaa55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
jaa55
Starter Motor

well until i find out here is some pics of my ride!

not my favorite picture........my digital camera made the color look..weird...
Old 02-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
professorsabre
NECO

Welcome to the forums. There are a few Cougar owners on here but no where a many as you have in the states on newcougar.org!

btw did you get your seats from the seatman?

Here's the latest pics of my Cougar.

Cheers
Angelo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cougar SVT Wheels.jpg (110.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Cougar SVT Wheels (1).jpg (117.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Cougar SVT Wheels (2).jpg (120.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Cougar SVT Wheels (3).jpg (118.9 KB, 52 views)
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
jaa55
Starter Motor

ohh man i love the car. i have my hood scoop coming this week i got my seats out a wrecked 2002 on ebay. They look much better in person im not sure why the color is messed up in that picture. LKQ the parts company where i got them from always has a great inventory. Whered you get your body kit??? i love it.......it wont fit on mine anyways because its a 99

oh im also part of another forum.......its specially for cougars, check it out!! http://www.newcougar.org/gallery/index.php
Old 03-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hey there, welcome to the forums. Good to have another Cougar owner, but as ProfessorSabre said, there aren't many at all in Australia unfortunately in some cases, but we have something really unique...Except we all have black ones it would seem lol

Sometimes you can go a month or so without a post in this section :(

We're on the NewCougar Forums too...

Professor, your car's looking great and I love the new rims! No changes for mine as yet - but certainly am trying to get things in motion for some changes soon

Abraxas
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
jaa55
Starter Motor

Black is a good color ......... i wanted black, white or red. Thats cool they are rare over there, i see at least 10 a day...but it doesnt bother me, they are easy on the eyes! Are there many 2.5L's or do you have alot of 2.0's?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

I was after French Blue, or Black. Happier with Black, because it's such a great colour when it's clean!

We didn't get any 2.0L versions in Australia. Unless some flew in under the radar somehow? Ours were also marketed as Tickford vehicles so could only be purchased originally from an FTE dealer.

We got a couple of "Eibach" editions which included the Visteon Bodykit, wheels and suspension - apart from that they were all standard with auto or manual, and option for leather with heated seats, spoiler, sunroof and 6 CD stacker.

Abraxas
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
professorsabre
NECO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa55
Whered you get your body kit??? i love it.......it wont fit on mine anyways because its a 99

oh im also part of another forum.......its specially for cougars, check it out!! http://www.newcougar.org/gallery/index.php
The body kit is a Ford Factory kit, basically it's the Visteon kit that you guy had in the USA.

My front lip is from Wings West from the the USA also.

The Visteon kit, if you can find one over there will fit your car. Wasn't Aerogear going to produce a carbon fibre version of the Visteon kit?

Cheers
Old 04-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #9
professorsabre
NECO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
We're on the NewCougar Forums too...

Professor, your car's looking great and I love the new rims! No changes for mine as yet - but certainly am trying to get things in motion for some changes soon

Abraxas
Excellent now there's four of us!

Thanks for your comments, it's killing me trying to keep that car clean! I'm loving every minute of it still!

Those rims are the SVT rims from the States.

Tell me what changes you've got in mind.

Cheers