Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Default My Cougar Update

Hey All,

Just an update on my Cougar. Had a four piece Wings West kit installed, the rear lip needed modifying as the US 01 Cougar's have different rear bumpers, also changed my standard wing for the Eibach/Visteon wing which goes well with the whole kit I feel.

Also had some of the panels repainted to rid the car of the bug splats and scratches that came with it when I bought her last year. Very happy with the look now

Dan (Abraxas)

Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tough, i'm really liking it, now just slap some bigger rims on that puppy and it'll be pure gold
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
cpapashley

Thumbs up

Only Bigger Rims??

Love the look Abraxis, looking sweet indeed. Who did the work??

So what is next on the agenda???

GMK Cold air intake? MSDS Headers? SVT Intake??

:
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Thanks guys!

A local place called Eastern Creek Smash Repairs did the work. They were responsible for repairing my rear bumper a few months ago after a careless truckdriver bumped the car. I cannot thank those guys enough for the amount of work and time they put into the car and they looked after me and the car exceptionally well. Even after some ***** damaged the car the day after I got it back from the workshop, they took it back in, fixed up some of their errors, repaired *his* dirty work and all for no extra charge (including a hire car!).

I'm not planning any big engine mods, but I'm looking at a proper CAI, some rims, the exhaust and a few other options, all after I get the CV boots looked at... just need the money and time to do it all!

Dan
Old 06-11-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
cpapashley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Thanks guys!

A local place called Eastern Creek Smash Repairs did the work. They were responsible for repairing my rear bumper a few months ago after a careless truckdriver bumped the car. I cannot thank those guys enough for the amount of work and time they put into the car and they looked after me and the car exceptionally well. Even after some ***** damaged the car the day after I got it back from the workshop, they took it back in, fixed up some of their errors, repaired *his* dirty work and all for no extra charge (including a hire car!).

I'm not planning any big engine mods, but I'm looking at a proper CAI, some rims, the exhaust and a few other options, all after I get the CV boots looked at... just need the money and time to do it all!

Dan
Sounds like Eastern Creek Smash Repairs are a top crowd. Customer focus is definitely the way to get repeat/word of mouth business.

CV boots, so is it just age that has worn them out? Like most things imported they probably want a fortune. Wonder if the MPV CV boots would fit?? Might be some at formaz or is it mazford. I can never remember.

From reads on the NA cougar site the CAI and exhaust mods make a difference to the engine. I was talking to my mechanic the other day and he mentioned that there is now a free trade agreement with america with respect to auto parts. Not too sure how this affects the average joe blog in the street, but I intend to find out. US postal service is extremely efficient so it would probably be worthwhile getting the part from NA. I know I am thinking seriously about it. Parts (especially second hand) are very cheap.

In the meantime enjoy your cool ride
:
Old 11-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I understand the CV Boots from a comparable age Mondeo fit the Probe & there's bucks to be saved; Mazda equivalent parts are always a good option with a Probe too.
The FTA with the US covers everything not just auto parts. I've picked up a few pieces from Probesport in the USA, via the post with no problems. Keep the value under A$1,000.00 & weight under 20kg gross and you won't even need to pay be clearence. Worst case is a trip to the International Mail Depot; in Sydney that's at Clyde near Granville.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
I understand the CV Boots from a comparable age Mondeo fit the Probe & there's bucks to be saved; Mazda equivalent parts are always a good option with a Probe too.
The FTA with the US covers everything not just auto parts. I've picked up a few pieces from Probesport in the USA, via the post with no problems. Keep the value under A$1,000.00 & weight under 20kg gross and you won't even need to pay be clearence. Worst case is a trip to the International Mail Depot; in Sydney that's at Clyde near Granville.

That sounds like the free trade agreement will certainly make a difference as far as auto parts from america (and likely many other things).

Now to save up some money and order some parts :
Old 23-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
VippiN
What a performer!

Jeez first time i've seen this car. It looks like a Focus that's been stretched out, I love it lol.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VippiN
Jeez first time i've seen this car. It looks like a Focus that's been stretched out, I love it lol.
wow VippiN,

you certainly have some experience with lasers. My first son will be needing a car soon (next year) and I am starting to look around for likely candidates. What is your opinion as a first car (I would like to go with something I can tune the pcm as well). What year model's are best?

(Sorry for the offtopic question abraxis)
Old 24-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

haha thats cool guys
Old 28-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
VippiN
What a performer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapashley
wow VippiN,

you certainly have some experience with lasers. My first son will be needing a car soon (next year) and I am starting to look around for likely candidates. What is your opinion as a first car (I would like to go with something I can tune the pcm as well). What year model's are best?

(Sorry for the offtopic question abraxis)
That's too much of a wide question. The 'best' i'd say would be a 1994 KH 4WD Turbo but then you might not want your son to have a powerful car. Post a thread in the Laser section with much more detail.

On topic; I recently just saw my first Cougar up close, beautiful thing.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post