Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Deathwish 2006

I've bitched and complained about this before, but this morning must have been a conjuction of the Moon, Mar and Venus or something .. all the crazy pedestrians/cyclists were out. I typically leave for work about 6:30am, so it's basically dark. As usual I came across a guy walking in my street (rural 70km/h limit), wearing all black .. you only see him once he gets into your headlights .. oh .. and he walks WITH the traffic; smart. Next I come across a cyclist on 100km/h rural road. I only saw him too when I he got into my headlights .. I saw the reflectors on his pedals. He only had a front light. Into town, come across a group of walkers .. all wearing black, no reflective gear, walking WITH the traffic and well within my lane. Finally had another guy on a bike come flying out a side-street without looking and cut infront of me. No lights, no helmet, no idea.
Now .. if I had have hit any of these mentally impaired individuals I'd be the worst person in the world. There would be a public outcry and they'd lower the limit on these streets to walking pace .. and you'd need someone with a red flag to proceed you down the street.
People seem to forget that roads - the black things with the white lines on them - are generally for motorised vehicles and it you venture onto the road in the dark for an extended period, you'd better be visible. I think most of these people have a deathwish ..
Rod.

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I know what you mean, the other day I was turning right across 3 lines of highway to get straight into the left lane to get onto the freeway and some idiot tries to walk his stupid little dog accross the road in front of me, if i had not turned around to check whats in front of me instead of looking over my sholder to make sure traffic was clear, i would have collected him, and whose fault would it be MINE.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
xwgthoe

Aaahh....Brings back memories of watching Death Race 2000 with Stallone. If you were to drive on the footpath you would never hear the end of it - fair game I say.
xwgthoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post