Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
XHBrad

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Drivers that drive along 80-90km/h in 100 zone in areas you're unable to pass.. hit the overtaking lane, all the sudden these little matchbox cars are able to do 110-120+km/h.. then drop back to 80-90km/h...
97 EL Ghia auto luxury, on it's guts
94 ED Futura 5 speed tucking with exhaust
97 XH ute, 5 speed with P-Plate spec exhaust
98 AU1 forte AU gheyness
XHBrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHBrad View Post
Drivers that drive along 80-90km/h in 100 zone in areas you're unable to pass.. hit the overtaking lane, all the sudden these little matchbox cars are able to do 110-120+km/h.. then drop back to 80-90km/h...
I hear ya, this makes my blood boil. Everytime this happens i wish i had a big big flamethrower on the front of my car.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
I hear ya, this makes my blood boil. Everytime this happens i wish i had a big big flamethrower on the front of my car.

a flame thrower behind me.....that'd do wonders for my arthritis!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHBrad View Post
I hate it when your driving down the coast an some idiots drive 20-30kmph under the limit then when they get to a town they do 20-30kmph over the speed limit
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Spudz27
Call me Spud

This is 2wks ago, but my day was ruined by a kebab, yep a kebab. Drove 400km o offload the kiddies to Grandma, and the one thing I always get is a kebab, best place in town (I have eaten many a kebab lol), so I get to the shop at lunchtime, during school holidays, whilst waiting for somebody else to park, an old couple hop in their car next to me to leave, but alaas, I can't reverse back as I am blocked in by a line of cars, so the car behind me get's said spot. I drive around like a moron and finally find a spot, and it is the spot I like as the pillar is on my side, so I enjoy using it to keep my car as far away as the middle bay, and it can't get hit by the person next to me as they too have to avoid the pillar.

So I begin to pull into the bay, yep I have enough space and crrrrrrrrrrack, I swiped the pillar with the corner of the front end. So I get out and say no biggie, deal with it later, cmon kids let's get lunch. Go and get my kebab, drive to mums, sit down and take a bite.........not sure what happened, but it was the worst kebab I had ever had, I even got 3 bits of chicken bone for good measure.

So to get the kebab I was so desperatley wanting, I had to drive 400km, put up with the usual car park antics, scrape my car on a pillar and then the kebab was horrid anyway. Might sound petty, but honestly, I went from a 2 day trip, to dropping the kids with mum, staying the night and leaving at 6am the next morning. Canceled all plans to catch up with friends etc. All because of a Kebab hahahahahahahahahaha
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey spudz......some days it just may pay to stay in bed!.....LOL!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

FOOTBALL.

Sick of getting assaulted with the garbage. Sports report on news should be renamed to 95% football report. Getting stuck in football traffic makes me want to shoot people.

People could buy a dog and watch that chase a ball around the backyard all day and it would be less intrusive on everyone's lives.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who can't be happy unless they have somthing to winge about

This isn't ago at any one here or any of these posts, but I have a guy at work who is always looking for the negative so he has somthing to ***** about

My gripe is a little like Poppa's

I LOVE a crusty bread roll crustier the better, like a wood fired jobie with real butter (not marg) and Vegemite, I love it, then my son gets told to go on a glutin free diet to stop all his digestive discomfort, so now my wife has read eleventy squillion books on celiacs and gluten intolerance and how a lot of people don't even know their intolerant so now were all on this freaken gluten free diet so that's the end of my Vegemite roll, that's the end of a freaken good pizza, that's the end of shinitzel that's the end of every thing I hold near and dear to my heart.

Even freaken BBQ sauce is gone :(

I love my son but fairs fair

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=The Yeti;4724611]People who can't be happy unless they have somthing to winge about

This isn't ago at any one here or any of these posts, but I have a guy at work who is always looking for the negative so he has somthing to ***** about

My gripe is a little like Poppa's

I LOVE a crusty bread roll crustier the better, like a wood fired jobie with real butter (not marg) and Vegemite, I love it, then my son gets told to go on a glutin free diet

Not looking to throw fuel on any fires, but several years ago, my daughter (at that time, age 21) was told by a homeopath/naturopath/crystal waver, holistic blah...GLUTEN. Err, okay, but on the diet, she got sicker. Nothing that a good roast, potatoes and turnip that Dad cooked couldn't fix.

Err, that said, if the Gluten sensitivity has been determined by that stupid, dumb, western medicine stuff that actually has precise gene markers for the allergy, then by all means, follow the advice 100%. Mate, you will benefit huge.

Think about it, did anyone here ever hear anything about Gluten 20 years ago? It's been part of the human diet for several thousand years?
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'll limit it to 3 tonight:
1. Turn your friggin sound off on your stupid friggin jewelmunchsmashing game in the middle of peak hour while on the train. If I can hear it half a friggin carriage away it's TOO LOUD and as much as I love Star Wars I don't want to hear 'PEW PEW PEW' lazer guns for a whole hour!!
2. Keep your filthy feet OFF the seats!
3. KEEP THE F LEFT ON THE HIGHWAY!@_#*()%)(%*#_)( .

/ragequit
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
I'll limit it to 3 tonight:
1. Turn your friggin sound off on your stupid friggin jewelmunchsmashing game in the middle of peak hour while on the train. If I can hear it half a friggin carriage away it's TOO LOUD and as much as I love Star Wars I don't want to hear 'PEW PEW PEW' lazer guns for a whole hour!!
2. Keep your filthy feet OFF the seats!

/ragequit
After this post I remembered another hate of mine:

Trains
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
After this post I remembered another hate of mine:

Trains
As if anybody could hate trains, especially awesome old school steam ones!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta View Post
As if anybody could hate trains, especially awesome old school steam ones!
Damn foamer.

Who am I kidding, I'm one too.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm just happy no one has yet dismissed someones complaints with a smug "First world problems" ******** statement...

The whole dismissive "first world problems" crap is based on one idea: in a first world country, you obviously aren't allowed to have problems, and anything that annoys you should instead make you sit back and think of the starving chillins in some other country.

To hell with that ridiculous philosophy...a problem is a problem...problems that you have will be completely different to a problem someone in a third world country will have. That doesn't make them any less of a problem for the person it affects.
I've seen those "funny" pictures where someone has, for instance, locked their keys in the car, or dropped an ice cream, or something, and someone will have added lettering saying "first world problems".
The fact is, for the person it happens to, it is a problem...and to be blunt, someone in a primitive village in the Congo isn't going to have the same problems as you do, so it is irrelevant to them in those "third world countries".

So I suppose that's what grinds my gears...people who smugly dismiss your mention of lifes problems with a glib "First world problems" saying...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

I effing hate idiots that drive in the right lane, or worse the ones that get right beside another car and stay there. I find myself purposely bulldozing them in the new ute - getting right up their date until they move over.

I hate head office. This is a generalised statement and anybody who has worked in a franchise or chain store will agree with me.

I hate my boss some days. Loosely related to the above.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
Autolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
I effing hate idiots that drive in the right lane, or worse the ones that get right beside another car and stay there. I find myself purposely bulldozing them in the new ute - getting right up their date until they move over.

I hate head office. This is a generalised statement and anybody who has worked in a franchise or chain store will agree with me.

I hate my boss some days. Loosely related to the above.
I hate tailgaters that can easily go around but decide to drive up your clacker to intimidate you. If im doing the speed limit (always) then back the hell off you idiot!
Autolite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

People who want to give you advice on your swing at the driving range. **** off and worry about your own swing.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
People who want to give you advice on your swing at the driving range. **** off and worry about your own swing.
Ha ha, have i seen that before, mid handicappers are great for that! I love talking golf swing mechanics though when asked, ive worked out my swing (2 iron 220 mtrs down the middle ) golf's a mad game!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 06-08-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well my Casio watch which I was given as a 21st birthday present had finally died after nearly 8 years of service. They can't get the parts anymore to fix the LCD screen unfortunately.

For the first time in a long time I figured I should buy myself something nice so I looked around and found one which I just said that was the one, no doubts at all. An Emporio Armani one http://cdn.watchshop.com/profiler/th...1423891755.jpg

$550 dollars lighter I take it to the watchmaker to have the band links taken out to fit.

I get home and set the time and date no problems, very simple. But **** me the chrono doesn't work at all! It should'nt be complicated. Push A button to start/stop and B to reset. But nothing happens

I hate that! Hopefully Myer will be good about it all, well they better be. I would really like it to work because it is very nice.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 10-07-2015 at 11:42 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #20
5wheelguy

DEAR EVERY DRIVER;

It's not illegal to park on the nature strip, I've emailed the council, it's only in some areas, where there's underground services, that can get damaged from cars.

I just can't stand, how 2 lane streets are now almost impossible to drive though. Because people think, a strip of grass, has underground services. No signs though, you know, with a warning. Lol!

I suggest, emailing your council, and asking them to PLEASE, change the laws, or make it known that it's ok to park on 90% of the NS.
5wheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #21
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5wheelguy View Post
DEAR EVERY DRIVER;

It's not illegal to park on the nature strip, I've emailed the council, it's only in some areas, where there's underground services, that can get damaged from cars.

I just can't stand, how 2 lane streets are now almost impossible to drive though. Because people think, a strip of grass, has underground services. No signs though, you know, with a warning. Lol!

I suggest, emailing your council, and asking them to PLEASE, change the laws, or make it known that it's ok to park on 90% of the NS.
This would probably be totally dependant on the State you live and your local council
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post

/ragequit
And one that goes with this is: if you want to overtake, do it. While sitting on cruise at 120 in a 110 zone nothing is more frustrating than playing yoyo with some numbskull who can't keep their speed under control.
then you have those who see you coming, pull out in the right lane so far before the car in front that without changing my speed I can get in the left lane, and get past them before they reach the car they were planning to overtake.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

trying to load a bunch of photos into photobucket and it decides to put them all into the wrong album even though it had the name of the album i wanted in the "ïn-to" box. now i will have to move over 100 photos one at the time because there dosnt seem to be an option to move multiple pics together.

photo bucket used to be great to use . why did they change it and fleck it all up.
might have to start looking for another host site i think.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #24
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez i hate it when...................... about 4 days ago the hot water service carks it and i have to have cold real fast showers until the plumber lobs tommorow.....hooray !
Brrr i hate cold water !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #25
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

When we have some good leftovers from tea or I have cooked extra and I decide that I will take it to work for dinner on night shift the next day.

I go to grab it to take to work and my 16 year old son has eaten it for his after school 'snack'. To make matters worse I normally then stuck having to have McDonalds. When I tell my son I had to have McDonalds because he ate my dinner he tells that he would have preferred the McDonalds!
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #26
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
When we have some good leftovers from tea or I have cooked extra and I decide that I will take it to work for dinner on night shift the next day.

I go to grab it to take to work and my 16 year old son has eaten it for his after school 'snack'. To make matters worse I normally then stuck having to have McDonalds. When I tell my son I had to have McDonalds because he ate my dinner he tells that he would have preferred the McDonalds!
Mine is not a 16yr old son, but my partner. She does it all the time, sometimes it isn't even left overs. I made home made burgers tonight and got my bun all ready for my pattie, turn around to see a dry bun sitting on the bench (i cooked their dinner first as all 5 patties do not fit in pan at once) my partner had taken the bun I had meticulously prepared with sauce, onion, mustard and pickles for herself, then proceeded to complain she does not like mustard or pickles.....wtf.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #27
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
Mine is not a 16yr old son, but my partner. She does it all the time, sometimes it isn't even left overs. I made home made burgers tonight and got my bun all ready for my pattie, turn around to see a dry bun sitting on the bench (i cooked their dinner first as all 5 patties do not fit in pan at once) my partner had taken the bun I had meticulously prepared with sauce, onion, mustard and pickles for herself, then proceeded to complain she does not like mustard or pickles.....wtf.

My missus all over! Complains I give her too big a portions for tea, I do them to how she wants, she shovels it in then starts on mine! I wouldnt mind except I havent finished eating it yet!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #28
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Third world problems here we come, I hate weekends because its too busy at the boat ramps. Gotta park up to a k away which is no good if you are by yourself. This weekend I bypassed the beautiful weather and waited till today, woke up, looked sunny, got up, hooked up drove to ramp and put in. Meanwhile the breeze had picked up a little, jumped on ski and headed out through GC seaway. Turned north got about 300mtrs took a second look at the 3mtr waves and headed back. Tried the Broadwater, choppy as but I persevered thinking I will find some smooth water, wrong. 40mins later I was almost freezing, bashing along teeth almost falling out finally nearing the ramp again. Well that was a fun day, NOT. hahahaha Gee I hate that.
Want another Jetski related? Before I leave home I generally start the ski and give it a blip and stop. Get to ramp undo ties, plugs in ( sometimes lol) start it give it a blip and turn it off. Put it in, jump on, push the start button, nothing yep nothing. BUGGER.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #29
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. People who lie. Simply doesnt matter if a mechanic/service dept/retail assistant or whatnot, just dont lie.
2. Camry drivers with their high beams on
3. SUV Drivers - your Nissan X-Trail car isnt a subaru wrx and sucked in you decided on such a **** car, but dont try to drag me off the line cos im not gonna bite. (most times)
4. Train travelling.
5. Self absorbed brother
6. Self centred people with no consideration of others.
7. Police target you cos you drive a nice car, and ignore ppl actually breaking the law
8. ****** whom cant park properly
9. Friends whom get absorbed by a relationship and dont keep in contact anymore
10. Bloody keyboard warriors
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #30
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm hearing you

But it's made a world of difference to the little Bugga

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post