Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Back to real cars..

G'day...Nice little videos...Enjoy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXYeCyHDjjQ and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIkCPOyXOk Cheers Rod...

Last edited by roddy1960; 22-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Hazzaman
Starter Motor

Default Re: Back to real cars..

Yeah, that's good one Rod.
Hazzaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11336424
Old 22-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
.:4:.
Kicking back

Not a bad find, I'm a member of the falcon brigade. My old man still references the ef Futura wagon as the most reliable car he has ever had. It's a good flick, but it pulls on the heart strings of those who care. I roll in an 08 bf and a 12 fg. Pretty much the end of line for the production models, not to discount the fgx, but I never have spent any time in one. No further comment
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Not a bad find, I'm a member of the falcon brigade. My old man still references the ef Futura wagon as the most reliable car he has ever had. It's a good flick, but it pulls on the heart strings of those who care. I roll in an 08 bf and a 12 fg. Pretty much the end of line for the production models, not to discount the fgx, but I never have spent any time in one. No further comment
G'day , I had the EF Futura but mine was a fairly rare 5 speed manual...She had a few clicks on her when I bought her though and the clutch was on the way out..Then I got my AU...truly the best I've ever had..no question...My FG has a bit to go to match it just yet..
The two little vids do pull on the heart strings a bit..Honestly , as much as I've tried to get interested in other Ford (and other) cars I just keep getting dragged back to the 'birds'.. There is a top video that goes for a few minutes to go along with the Aussie Harrop development for the FG/FGX and now Mustang but I'll leave it for another time..
Got to say , the four or five cars he drove really brought back memories of much happier times when we drove a proper car...All ended for me a few months ago... Not ready for Kuga , Fiesta , Focus , Mondeo,Ranger or Everest yet...not by a long chalk...I'll stick with my dinosaur Falcons methinks...Cheers Rod
Old 22-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolane View Post
point taken ...no more links here...
Old 22-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
stoodoo
Falcon R.I.P. 1960 - 2016

Have I missed a couple models in that first link, don't think I can find one of the "E" series falcons and don't think I can see an FG. Am I blind??? Probably. Reckon there's 2 FGX's blue ute in the background, and of course the gold one at front right.
stoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #8
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day stoodoo...To be honest , I'm not sure..I was more interested in the overall thought of how long the Falcon marque went for..It's one of the longest model runs for any car anywhere..

The other thing is the passion we hold for these cars that replacements like Mondeo , Kuga , even Ranger etc as good as they are will most likely never have. Also this car was also the primary reason why we enjoyed the Blue versus Red friendly rivalry on the race track on Sundays for decades and why we got excited to watch a certain Great Race every October..

I am a self confessed You Tube junkie that loves finding professionally shot videos of Falcon or other Ford (even occasionally the opposition) cars but the ones that are equally cool are the ones 'ordinary' people post on their pride n' joys..

Even within the ranks of Fordies there is a certain rivalry as to which is the best Falcon or other model. Some of us even hold a special candle for the much maligned AU series of cars , me included.. ,.So cool.....It's a passion , it really is.. Thank goodness we love our rides that much because I'll say it again...
THESE ARE REAL CARS....Not sameness boxes on wheels full of gizmos and little engines as good as THEY are..

How do you like this... I have a great friend and car enthusiast in Baltimore , Maryland..His wife , Angela is a new American citizen as of a few months ago but from Hungary.. She can pick the sound of a Ford V8 without seeing the car.. Louis has owned a Fords , a special one was a 1978 Mercury with a 390 in it , the odd Chevvy too and he really liked our Falcon very much.. He doesn't bull**** either ..If he didn't he'd tell me..and he watched the last few Falcons go as I did..
It's a passion...Keep the passion for 'real cars' that the demographic we grew up in still enjoy so much and try and share with our young un's that won't have that enjoyment the same way..
Cheers Rod...
Old 23-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Roddy, you're too old fashioned mate!

Little sports car or something ideal for you with Elephant Pass and St Mary's pass on your doorstep.. I'm jealous.

PS, OTT, but try the food at the new Chinese restaurant that used to be the op shop. It's freaking awesome.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post