Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Raptor Supercharger Kit For AU V8

I recently spoke to Tim from raptor superchargers asking him to make a supercharger kit for the AU V8s. Previously kits have only been available for the 6 cylinder Fords and Holden V8s and 6s. Tim has agreed to make a kit for the Ford V8 but he is unsure which model Ford he will be making it for. He is running a poll on fordmods forums so if you want to see a kit for the AU V8s then vote and express your interest. Here is the link: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/post844084.html#844084
If you do research on raptor superchargers then you will find that many customers have been happy with the product, power, service and pricing for the kit. These kits are alot cheaper then the CAPA ones and are just as good if not better.

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
BlacklistedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Cam
Stroking it...

Would like to see this go ahead! Voted!
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh No the EL is out in front :-s
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Very nice supercharged v8s mmmm feel the that power.
Old 17-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the only difference between the E series, AU's would be the bracket I should imagine, plubming may be slightly different.
Hane you gone off the Vortec idea Blacklisted? I suppose the Raptor is very hard to beat for value and come as a complete kit which is quite easy to fit up as I'm lead to belive from other forum members, alha Bad Cooky
Old 17-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will be going Vortech if the Raptor kit doesnt go through for the AU XR8. Ive heard great reviews about the raptor products, serivce and of course prices. I will give it until September and if nothing is available then i will be going Vortech in time for the Powercruise!!

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
Old 17-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

This sounds great - the Windsor V8 has been around for donkeys years yet nobody apart from CAPA make a readily available off the shelf blower kit for them in their Australian variants. If he does go ahead and develop this kit he will sell them quicker than he can put them together - I'm sure of it.

As has been said, there arent any real differences between E series and AU series V8's - possibly a new bracket to mount it would be needed but otherwise everything else should be fairly easily sorted.

Depending on price I'd be very keen - if its under $4k I'll order 2.
Old 17-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Geoff from Snort Performance is currently working on a kit from what I heard recently as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Geoff from Snort Performance is currently working on a kit from what I heard recently as well.
Do you know any details on this kit. Eg. pricing, boost, etc.

The E series kit will have different brackets, maybe different pulleys and belts but everything else is the same. Tim has informed me that pricing will be vey competitive so this will definetly be a good bang for buck mod. It will definetly be alot cheaper then CAPAs $6,300 for their Powerdyne kit. If your interested in getting one now or even later down the track then get your votes in.

AU3 Fairmont I6

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
Old 17-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Shouldnt need to vote to have this guy look at developing it, if he's got a nose for business he'll be into them quick smart.
Old 17-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Don't have much in the details at the moment ... I know he is closer with his I6 kits than V8 kits ... but i know they are in the pipeline for future production.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #12
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I have had this thought for a while do I or don't I ? I know which way I'm leaning towards come on bring it on !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #13
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Last I saw on Fordmods Geoff has ditched development of centrifugal blower kits and is working on Eaton (M112 IIRC) kits now.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Shouldnt need to vote to have this guy look at developing it, if he's got a nose for business he'll be into them quick smart.
The vote is only for which model Falcon he does first.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #15
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
While excited me says your correct, realistic me says you're wrong.

CAPA are the only people that support E Series and AU Falcons with Superchargers and BPT with the PD series.

Why rush ? CAPA are STILL (after how many years?) the only people that do kits or at least brackets for these things -- obviously there no rush for other people to challenge.

I'm sure it would only take a savvy workshop (eg: a sponser) minimal time to whip up a bracket for the I6/V8 to suit a couple different superchargers have a batch made up quick smart to flog off for a few hundred a peice. (Crikey there are people on FFAU that have made some amazing brackets for these things!)

Oh and I saw a thread on FordMods about 2.5 years ago about Snort a supercharger kit which wasn't "too far away", I was ready to buy right then and there when I had my EL XR8 but nothing ever came of it.

Now I have my AUIII XR8 (Currently in bits) a mate is fabbing the hotside for a single turbo setup as it would seem the hardware side of a Turbo setup would be less money then a Vortech blower on its own.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
While excited me says your correct, realistic me says you're wrong.

CAPA are the only people that support E Series and AU Falcons with Superchargers and BPT with the PD series.

Why rush ? CAPA are STILL (after how many years?) the only people that do kits or at least brackets for these things -- obviously there no rush for other people to challenge.

I'm sure it would only take a savvy workshop (eg: a sponser) minimal time to whip up a bracket for the I6/V8 to suit a couple different superchargers have a batch made up quick smart to flog off for a few hundred a peice. (Crikey there are people on FFAU that have made some amazing brackets for these things!)

Oh and I saw a thread on FordMods about 2.5 years ago about Snort a supercharger kit which wasn't "too far away", I was ready to buy right then and there when I had my EL XR8 but nothing ever came of it.

Now I have my AUIII XR8 (Currently in bits) a mate is fabbing the hotside for a single turbo setup as it would seem the hardware side of a Turbo setup would be less money then a Vortech blower on its own.
Fair points but its also exactly the reason why this bloke should go ahead and develop it - CAPA have had the market cornered for too long which is why it still costs around $6k from them to put a blower on an AU, compared to BOSS engines where you have half a dozen different companies doing them and you can pay anywhere from $5k-$30k. If there was someone other than CAPA doing them I would bet money that soon enough CAPA would drop their price - they'd have to.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Just did some mining with regards to a blower for the au windsor. I now have an uiii 220kw xr8 for daily use and want a blower for it.

Are there any other options to capa?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #18
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tim is developing a kit for the AU V8 as we speak. He has 5 weeks to make a kit up. You can see it here:

http://www.fordmods.com/raptor-super...ly-t66277.html

Raptor managed to get an E series xr8 to 180rwkw on 95 octane.. The base start was something around 92rwkw to as it had one over 200,000kms....

Its looking good and im definetly lookin at getting one.
redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link and quick reply. I am very keen to see the finished product.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #20
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Thanks for the link and quick reply. I am very keen to see the finished product.
Now worries im kinda obsessed with raptor superchargers atm : .. I see a thread with Raptor in it and i jump like crazy : Haha but on a serious side i can't wait to see what they can get out of a AU v8...
redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post