Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Dilan

Default 2009/10 Fiesta LX and Zetec prices

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you have paid for an 09/10 auto 5 door LX or Zetec. Went and had a chat to a few dealers and want to see if I can get a better deal.

Old 24-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
mininote
*** SPRINTY ***

bought a 5 door auto zetec yesterday for the missus, was $21990 for manual drive away, they added $1600 for auto...
Old 24-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wait until mid year mate. We should be getting the Duel Clutch Powershift 6-Speed auto with the 1.6L engine. The 1.4L is a decent engine, and the transmission works well enough, but it's nothing ground breaking, a bit out of sorts.

With Zetec manuals going for $22,000, if you wanted an auto now I wouldn't expect you'd pay any more than $2,000 for it over the maunal.
Old 25-04-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you could hold off for the new auto with the 1.6ltr, id do that....

we saw and older woman down the bay this arvo in a zetec, and my missus and her were chatting away about them, and one of the things the middle age lady said, was that the 1.4 was pretty sluggish and she wished she'd got the manual instead...

$22,000 drive away for a manual is a good price... make sure they chuck in mats and a full tank on fuel...

or lock in a fixed service price... none of this $300plus for a minor service crap!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
gerrydir
Starter Motor

Default New Zetec 5 door manual

I bought my wife one on Friday $20,650 brand new drive away, mats, full tank, "squeeze" plus 2 free services. Cash deal but I bought an XR5 turbo from the same dealer six months ago
gerrydir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Man, I got screwed over, the two dealerships I went to wouldn't budge from $18,000 drive away for my CL with no extras.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Dustproof

Default Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Man, I got screwed over, the two dealerships I went to wouldn't budge from $18,000 drive away for my CL with no extras.
Don't even think about trade in value of the WS Zetec, bloody awful. I was thinking of buying an XR5 and trading the Fiesta - not happening now. I figure I will turbo the Zetec.
Old 25-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Zetec should have an acceptable resale value though, mainly due to the extra features it has, which in the used car market should get a few extra dollars. At the end of the day, if you're concerned with resale value, then you really shouldn't buy new, it's the payoff to have the latest shiny new toys. Plus, you can always sell privately, you get crap loads more money when you do that. I got nearly $4,000 more than what the dealer offered me by going private, sold in two weeks for my 04 WP Zetec 3-Door. Buying a 3-Door also isn't going to get you as much money...
Old 25-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately Cars are like computers, tv's, laptops etc...

Its the price for buying something brand new....

My old boss got a AMG E55...... When he sold it, he'd lost more than $60k
Old 25-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know you're in Vic fella, but I found some cars on Car Point, and all I can say is wow. Prices have dropped big time, no wonder sales have picked up. Going by an ad in the papers, you can get a CL 5-Door for $18,000 or a Zetec for just over $20,000. Hmmmm, go figure!

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...d=124455ADA4DD
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...d=124455ADA4DD
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...259&__Qpb=true

The first two are manuals, for about $20,500, the last is a Moondust Silver Zetec manual in Victoria, for $23,000 D/A. That's a good price for an auto, but going by the first two cars, you may be able to get an auto for $22,000 as the auto adds $2,000.

Good luck fella.
Old 26-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #11
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Hey All,

Got a Zetec 5dr Auto, with original mats, headlight and bonnet protectors and IPOD cable for $23800 last year in around November. Thats with Moondust Silver metallic paint. Oh and I absolutely love it. Never had a problem with power/performance even on hills. Cars done 6K now and the engine seems to be freeing up nicely. Have an irritating squeak every time I go over a bump coming from I think the rear seats somewhere but oother than that its all good.
craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb

Got a Zetec 5dr Auto. Oh and I absolutely love it. Never had a problem with power/performance even on hills. Cars done 6K now and the engine seems to be freeing up nicely.
Congrats fella. Goes to show everyone has different needs, and for many people it'll have more than enough go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb
Have an irritating squeak every time I go over a bump coming from I think the rear seats somewhere but oother than that its all good.
Yup, I have exactly the same, from the left hand side rear seat area!
Old 26-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn... that noise just started on saturday and its already annoyed the crap out of me...
Old 26-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
Cyborg1978

I've got the same noise in the same position. But I fixd it, just turn your stero up so you can't hear it.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg1978
I've got the same noise in the same position. But I fixd it, just turn your stero up so you can't hear it.
Then the back right hand side speaker vibrates and the drivers B pillar rattles even more!
Old 26-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
Cyborg1978

Don't forget about the rattel from the drivers door. But still sounds A heap better then the BA I steped out of.
Old 26-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive got absolutely no cabin noises...

just this new one from the rear, which it didnt do this arvo... hmmm
Old 26-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #18
Cyborg1978

Just Jocking I've only got the noise at the back and it's not Evan that bad.
Old 21-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #19
penny
Starter Motor

Default zetec 5 door manual

Hi all,

Anyone purchased a 5 door Zetec Manual recently? Just wanting to know what I should expect to pay. (with it currently advertised as 21,990 drive away). The $20,650 which someone paid is pretty good, especially with all the extras. Any tips on how to get such a good deal? I have no idea how to go about buying a new car! Do you get them to check your trade in first and lock in a price then work on the price of the new car? Or the other way around. See...clueless! Thanks.
penny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny
Hi all,

Anyone purchased a 5 door Zetec Manual recently? Just wanting to know what I should expect to pay. (with it currently advertised as 21,990 drive away). The $20,650 which someone paid is pretty good, especially with all the extras. Any tips on how to get such a good deal? I have no idea how to go about buying a new car! Do you get them to check your trade in first and lock in a price then work on the price of the new car? Or the other way around. See...clueless! Thanks.
Search on carsales under demo / near new.. Theres some for less then 20 kay with DEMO kms!! Some of these cars are brand new, just registered so the dealer gets more incentive to give them away.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #21
sulrich

$21K 5 door ztec manual, with headlight protectors and mats thrown in, on the road (12 mths rego etc.)...It was $22K and traded the 14 yo Festiva (bad condition) in on it for $1K.
Love the car, its awesome.
cheers
Steve
sulrich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
penny
Starter Motor

Thanks guys. I will let you know how I go. Going to have a look today but probably won't be getting anything until next weekend or later. I had a look at carsales as well, and there were some good deals. But the ones under $20k were either 3 door or not in Victoria. But that being said, it does give me some indication of room for movement from dealers.

So still willing to hear buying techniques from people! And any zetec prices as well.
Old 22-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont let them tell you the deal is only on offer today....

i went at the end of the month... if its been slow, they'll usually fall over themselves to get a car signed up...

get everything in your deal in writing on the contract form, especially the date of delivery if the car isnt in stock... if its not written they'll weasel their way out of anything verbal...

only put a small deposit down if they ask ie $100 - 200 maybe... they will try for more...

go to other dealers and even say a mazda dealer... i worked our dealer off a price i was offered for a mazda 2 genki driveaway....

the price has dropped since we got ours... but good luck!!!
Old 22-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #24
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both Troy and I payed a bit more for our Zetec models than you will, as we both ordered our cars not long after release so we couldn't cash in on too much discounts. In saying that some others did however. So while we payed about $23,000 roughly between us, you will quite easily get $21,500 if you play your cards right, Troy hit the nail on the head with his hints too, follow them and you'll be set in one of the best small cars currently on Australian roads!

Only one other thing, which some have done, and some couldn't, if try to get them to write down servicing costs and sign that too. Just a ball park figure, so you're not stung with horrible servicing costs!!! (Some have paid over $300.00!)
Old 25-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #25
penny
Starter Motor

Thanks for all of your advice.

Contrary to what I said, I will be coming home with one soon as we finalised a deal only last night. Having traded in our existing car, it's difficult to give a true value of the Zetec's purchase price. But I would say that we got it for $20,500 Sea Grey 5 Door Manual. With mats and petrol. We didn't see the hint about the services price but i'm sure we can wrangle that in somehow as we have done this all via phone and fax at this stage. So we are feeling very pleased! Went in with a changeover price (low balled of course!) and stuck to it, then walked away when we didn't achieve it. But fortunately for us they didn't sell it (it was the only one in stock with )k's until we test drove it) so we got a call last night and they had come down in price (very close to our changeover price) with the extras so it was a done deal. Plus, better for us becasue we aren't waiting for the car!

The car man was a real pleasure to deal with as well. Not pushy, and we were upfront about our budget and didn't budge and he wasn't rude or forceful, or guilt tripping us, so i found it an overall good experience.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks all. Can't wait to get the car.

p.s....any advice on how much servicing should be so we can lock tha tin as well?
Old 25-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear another great Ford dealer! Some people have been charged as much as $400 dollars, and some who supplied their own oil only $70! All from Ford dealers. I'd think it should be no more than $250.00 to be honest.
Old 25-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #27
penny
Starter Motor

fantastic. good info to know.