Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
b.e.l
Starter Motor

Default 2009 TDCI Fuel Filler

Hi all, I had an embarrassing time fueling up this morning. I managed to get diesel everywhere, except in the tank, I only managed to get 61 cents worth in a 1/4 full tank.
I have only had this car a few days after having had MA and MC Mondeo diesels (company cars) for the last 5 years.
I can't get my head around it, has anyone ever had this problem before ?
Cheers
Brent

b.e.l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2009 TDCI Fuel Filler

some petrol stations have "fast" fill diesel nozzles for filling trucks and these are too wide to fit in the flap of the filler in your car so the fuel does not get past the little flap and spills out of the car. The car originally came with a black rubber filler tube to overcome that problem by inserting it in the cards filler tube it had a wider end to accommodate the fast fill nozzle.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
b.e.l
Starter Motor

Yes I know all about the different sized nozzles, as I mentioned I have been refueling MA and MC Mondeo TDCI's for the last 5 years.
That's why I'm left scratching my head, because I used the same small, low flow car sized diesel nozzle, that goes down past the flap at the very same pump that I have used for the past 5 years.
Old 25-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
b.e.l
Starter Motor

Problem solved, it looks like someone was trying to borrow some fuel at some stage and ended up leaving the plastic end of their hose down in the filler neck.