Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
austrav
Blue blood

Default New wheels Zetec to Snowflakes

Hi all

Have to show off how good the new rims look. I know it needs lowering but my wallet also needs some money and i have to feed kids/ wife etc. Love them love them love them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoGrid_1361426437344.jpg (134.9 KB, 118 views)
Current rides: 2010 Falcon G6E , 2011 SZ Territory TS Diesel AWD. Before: 2011 Focus Zetec LV, 2003 XR6 Falcon ute BA. 2006 Subaru Forester X. 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia 4 cylinder.
austrav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: New wheels Zetec to Snowflakes

looks nice and the height isn't that bad at all, surprised it's that low for putting 18s on after 16s, normally goes up quite a bit. check out eibach, they make some nice springs

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/
Old 21-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Looks very xr5ish.....I like =)

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP View Post
looks nice and the height isn't that bad at all, surprised it's that low for putting 18s on after 16s, normally goes up quite a bit. check out eibach, they make some nice springs

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/
Stock rims are 17's on the Zetec Conrad

Looks good Austrav, I think I'm gonna have to work my current tyres a bit harder so I can get the 18's on sooner
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what do you do about speedo readings or can you get low enough profile tyres to have the same rolling radius? Cab you get different drive cogs or something when radically changing rim size. Trouble is more under reading the speed as you get bigger rims which can be expensive in fines
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
So what do you do about speedo readings or can you get low enough profile tyres to have the same rolling radius? Cab you get different drive cogs or something when radically changing rim size. Trouble is more under reading the speed as you get bigger rims which can be expensive in fines
As long as you keep the profile of the tyre in proportion to the stock rim then there should be little or no change to the speedo readings I am running 205/ 55 R 17 as stock but when the 18's go on they will be a 215 / 40 R 18 or 215/ 45 / R18 whichever keeps it at or near the original size overall
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post