Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Aus_Pom
Starter Motor

Default 2009 Focus Zetec LV - Faults??

I have a 2.0 Auto Focus LV which is almost a year old. On the whole a great car but I have had a major issue with it turning over.

When the car is left over several hours (ie overnight) it stalls straight after the engine has turned over. The only way to avoid this is to rev the engine straight away, when doing this the rev counter still dips but then recovers and runs fine. On most occasions if it does stall the engine will fire up straight away when tried again. The only exception to this has been in summer when it would take 4/5 attempts to get the engine to turn over at all, almost as if it was flooded. On the first service (5k) they update the ECU which didn't do anything, and on the 15k service they said there was a carbon build up in the throttle body and that they cleaned it out and it should be fine.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I've read online about faults with the fuel system/coil on Focus's but never always on older models.

In addition... not sure if i'm now paranoid and looking for faults but I can feel the engine juddering slightly at a standstill, could be nothing but could be linked to the fuel system again......

Aus_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
L42B

I don't necessarily have the turnover problem you mentioned. But I've certainly noticed an engine judder on idol. Mine is the model before, which is a Focus manual LT. It really rattles and judders around 3, 500 revs or so in any gear. Anyone else experienced this problem? When I drove to Quorn an almighty noise came from the back left side of the engine. Sounded rather mechanical.

Cheers
L42B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have an LV Zetec 09 which has done almost 30,000km. I sometimes have to crank it over for a longer than usual time before she kicks over. But I have never had her stall on me.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I have this issue with our 05 LS basically from new!!!
All I do now is put Accel flat to the floor(anti flood mode) and just as it starts let it off.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post