Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
DWag

Default replacing a clock backlight

Hi everyone,
this is the first time i have started a thread, most of the time people have already answered the questions i have

The clocks in both my auII ute and my auII wagon are not lighting up at night. I have been told by my mechanic that you have to "take half the dash off"!

can anyone tell me the easiest way to change this bulb? Or if someone has already answered in another thread let me know.

thankyou

DWag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
falzoony
Rockin '67

Heres another thread on this issue.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ht=clock+light
That should help

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

yeah remove radio and remover a screw from the left and right of where the radio was... the the center circle bit is clipped in... you can just pull...(when you put it back make sure all the clips are straight) you can see a green circle thing in the clock from the back turn it with a flat blade screwdriver... i went to ford and it was $4.95... dont turn the headlights on to check it.... the light is on with acc. it dims when you turn in the lights...

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
DWag

thanks heaps for your help guys, i should be able to do it without any probs now
DWag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post