Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU1 XLS central locking not flashing hazards ?

Hey Hey,

I have an AU1 xls ute and when i lock the car with the remote it locks but the lights dont flash. Is this something that i can turn on ?

Cheers Des.

Old 30-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: AU1 XLS central locking not flashing hazards ?

Check your fuses maybe??
Old 30-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Hi Des.

I assume the you have checked and the hazards work normally?

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, hazards work fine and fuses are all ok.
Old 30-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Strange. Never seen of heard of it before. Hopefully someone on here will know what is going on - hopefully something simple.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Your bem fuse ok? The bem (body electronic module) is faulty if your hazards are working but not working from your key fob according to my ellery's manual. You probably need another matching bem to test & replace after eliminating faults from wiring to it (bem) if theres any. If your not too handy with the tools, a trip to the sparky may be in order. i hope someone with some more knowledge will chime in very soon for you, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a trailer on recently? Often I think faults occur when dodgy wiring is introduced to the trailer plug.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only just bought the car. Was very cheap. I'll double check fuses again.
Old 30-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Is it still using ford remotes? seem a few cars of this age where people use cheap remote locking kits to drive the factory locks. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Is it still using ford remotes? seem a few cars of this age where people use cheap remote locking kits to drive the factory locks. Cheers MD
Yes, ford ute remote.

Also cycles the lock about 3 times when i unlock the door and then again when i open the door.