Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Remove auto trans and swap torque convertor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
if it is leaking at the pipe where it goes into the back of the water pump, it should be a fairly easy fix as long as the pipe is not corroded, it is just an o ring, on the other hand if the cooling system has been neglected and the pipe is rusty, its a tad more work.
The leaking has stopped, it started while i was trying to get the transmission back into place, probably bumped the pipe a couple of times, ill keep an eye on it though.

and probably a really bad sign, when i changed the filter, the pan was full of mettalic sludge, heres to hoping i can get a couple more years of life out of this box.

I hate this car lol, i'm ready to flush the transmission fluid but the battery has died...
Its a new battery, i bought it december last year when the last one died on me at a petrol station on christmas eve lol. its from repco and its got a 24months warranty but i dont have the docket, do you think repco will honour the warranty?
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't worry mate you have these runs with cars sometimes, at least its an Au which is fairly cheap on parts, i don't know about the battery, if you go to the same place you bought it he might come to party, if you paid by credit card or eftpos and can show the statement with the battery purchase , i believe that is as good as a receipt, as for the bit of sludge in pan, you gotten this far , i wouldn't worry about it, i do think a little bit of sludge is normal after a long period of time, especially if it has not seen much servicing, it will be accumulated in the pan, good luck bud.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once i get a new battery, ill need to do some testing, i think the starter might be drawing too many amps from the battery. Its always had a slow starting problem and the number of batteries i've been through is getting ridiculous.
Old 13-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #34
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news, the battery has charged, started the car up and did the fluid flush, i put in 12l of oil so far, bought another bottle as it needs more. i may be able to get the car off the stands today. And looks like ill have to replace that o-ring, still getting a leak from it. Anyone know where i can get the correct size o-ring for it?
Old 14-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most of the auto parts places should have one, i got my last one from repco.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #36
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ended up buying the o-ring plus spacer from ebay after seeing a link to it on another topic. Fitted it today, only took 15 minutes lol, easiest job i've done on this car so far.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #37
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just an update.
Have put many K's on the car since reinstalling the new torque converter, and the car is running very smooth and noise free. So glad i'm not up for a new box!