Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
apoc
AUII I6

Default .............................................kanga Roo

Well yep i hit a kangaroo last night :( I managed to swerve out of the way for most the part a clipped him on the passenger side corner.

So now I have a broken headlight, broken bumper bar, bent front quarter, other assorted minor carnage. What do people think it will cost to replace this stuff? I totally didnt need this right now, i have just rego'd, insured, the car and licence renewel.... damn cash hungry machine....

Cheers,
Simon.

apoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aren't you insured? if so it would just be what ever your excess is typically $400.
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
XR Lita
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you could post up pics of the damage, it would give us more of an idea

: T1 TE50 #094 :
XR Lita is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

yep, just get it fixed through ya insurance, all you have to pay is the excess....thats what your insurance is for.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Sorry to hear it, my bro did pretty well exactly the same damage by hitting a roo in his TJ Magna a few months back.

As the guys said, if you've got the insurance its probably the best way to go about it, probably gonna be a lot cheaper than any other way.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Turboconvert

i dont know what the cost would be for ur car mate, but my dad hit a roo a couple of weeks ago in a 94 verada and if it wasnt for insurance (excess of $400) it would have cost over 1000 for a replacement left light, fix the left quarter panal, replacement grill and possibly a few other minor stuff that i may have forgoten. like everyone has been sayin, get insurance to fix it. that is what u get it for

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #7
Umineko
Karasu

without seeing pics it's hard to say but assuming you'd need to replace the bumper, headlight and quarter panel I'd say you'd be looking at $1000 to 1500 including paint, could be much more typically there is a lot more damage under the stuff you can see. but hey that's why god made car insurance. definately the full quid is old god, otherwise none of us could afford to drive the things
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
apoc
AUII I6

Hey peoples,

Cheers for the replies, yeah i chatted to my old man and he said also that it was covered by insurance. So i rang up AAMI and i have to pay the excess $500, and i will lose part of my no claim bonus, from 70% to 55% but **** happens...

So now im drivin my bro's ex taxi VR 730,000 on the clock with at least 100,000 since it stopped so to say the least its a step back :(, and to top it off i had to jump start it this morning with my car b4 they came and chucked it on the back of the towtruck (didnt need the truck but according to the AAMI chick it would speed up the process....?)

Sorry i cant supply any pictures as the car is gone now. But yeah i guessed the damage to be easily that of the cost of my excess so its not such an issue now. At least ill get some money from my insurance company, rather than them leach $1,000 off me every year till i cant drive anymore

Cheers again,
Simo.
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post