Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: would this be some thing u are intersted in?
yes 22 66.67%
no 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XF XD XE vs VC VB VH "v8 racing"

hey guys i know theres allreddy alot of difernt classes of racing out there but one i would realy love to see is the XE XD XF V8 racing serise. would be good to see them agenst the holdens of that eara.

ive allways wonted to see this and if some thing like that was around in SA i would love to enter a V8 racing serise.

i would like it to be eather the V8s or the 6 cyls but to have every thing 100% fatory stock. besides mabby some safty upgrades, like role caige bonet pins tail sharft drop plate ect.

what do people thing would this be a hit or not?

Old 25-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnige
hey guys i know theres allreddy alot of difernt classes of racing out there but one i would realy love to see is the XE XD XF V8 racing serise. would be good to see them agenst the holdens of that eara.

ive allways wonted to see this and if some thing like that was around in SA i would love to enter a V8 racing serise.

i would like it to be eather the V8s or the 6 cyls but to have every thing 100% fatory stock. besides mabby some safty upgrades, like role caige bonet pins tail sharft drop plate ect.

what do people thing would this be a hit or not?
rules out the xf's... they didnt have a V8 option.
Old 25-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be a bit like the good ole days ,maybe
When the Mighty TRU BLU smashed the commondores

XF 6 cylinder against a black 202 commondore VK

Thatll be entertaining
Old 25-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Cooper69S

Quote:
to have every thing 100% factory stock.
would be a pretty slow race - don't think there'd be much of a market for it as a spectator sport.
Old 25-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yer i wouldnt think it would be like a pre V8 supper car race. but like down my way there the HQ 6 cyl race serise. its more for the people who wonna race in a compertition serise but dont wonna spend $70,000 on a BA falcon V8. i woldnt think it would cost too much i would think around the $5,000 to set up a car. then u have your track fees. inshuance u might get away with a hole years raceing for around the $9,000 pluss repears if u crash it or blow parts. so yer it wouldnt be a spectaters sport just real racing inthuests

lol sorry about the spelling im trying to fin my home brews so i have enuff bottels to put down my nexed brew lol
Old 25-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

be easyer if it was EA EB ED EF EL Vs VN VP VR VS!!
there is way more around and cheaper too!!
Old 25-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

too many models there i think if i were raceing a EA i wouldnt wonna be racing agenst a EL lol. and i like the older ones. i dont know about cheaper my last 2 XFs i bourt i for one for $60 running and the other i got for $200 running but ruff
Old 25-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Budget racing pre injection
Nice and simple

OR
The injected XF and the injected VK
Old 25-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
TRRTRY

A few years back this was going to be a reality - not sure what killed it off but i beleive cars were being built.

I beleive it was off the back of the success of the commodore cup class
Old 25-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
be easyer if it was EA EB ED EF EL Vs VN VP VR VS!!
there is way more around and cheaper too!!
then it starts to sound a bit like the saloon car series http://www.salooncars.net.au/
apparently that's a fairly economical way to get into racing although I it seems from the schedule on their website that it's QLD, NSW and VIC only - we miss out...
Old 25-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

100% standard these cars would be very slow and not great for spectators. As mentioned the saloon cars are the best current series that is low budget and offers real Ford versus Holden racing

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Old 25-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:

lol sorry about the spelling im trying to fin my home brews so i have enuff bottels to put down my nexed brew lol
Try posting before the brew and save our eyes next time.
Old 25-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy
100% standard these cars would be very slow and not great for spectators. As mentioned the saloon cars are the best current series that is low budget and offers real Ford versus Holden racing
I would think it would be more to do with being able to participate rather than spectating. XF-EA racing would be fun and extremely cheap .... lack of local tracks would be a problem though.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 26-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #14
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Try posting before the brew and save our eyes next time.
lol if u dont wonna read it dont bother posting baout it. or as u are a mod u could have checked the spelling if it was a problem?

like ive sad befor this wouldnt be a spectators sport. about 70% of all motorsports are nonspectators. who would pay to see randem people who are no name drivers. so this is a non spectator racing.

for me i would rather pay $100 per race to race my car agenst other drivers in the same class, insted of having to do what i do now and pay $100 for time triles where u cannot race with other cars on the track. and if there are others all cars are difernt and your not alowed to race. all u can do is have a bi of fun and try and get your own best time...

theres a fuw plases in SA that u could race. but other then go-karting i think the only real cheap racing in SA is HQ cars. and theres no way ill be buying a holden just so i can race it
Old 26-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #15
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting idea. I've always wondered what my VL would go like against Falcons of the same era around a circuit.

Would be pretty fun. I know this doesn't extend to Commodores post VK, but just thought I would add my thoughts anyway.
Old 26-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #16
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well it would come down to what the people would wont i just sugested the XE XD range coz i feel that they are cheaper ezyer to work on and get parts for. but by the responce people have said hear most are thinking the XF to EA years are cheaper and better class of race car so that would fall into the VL VK range i think?
Old 26-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
then it starts to sound a bit like the saloon car series http://www.salooncars.net.au/
apparently that's a fairly economical way to get into racing although I it seems from the schedule on their website that it's QLD, NSW and VIC only - we miss out...
Interesting. I had a quick look at their site and couldn't find out what the entry requirements were though.

ie. What can and can't be done to the cars, how standard they are etc.
Closed Thread