Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 25-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #31
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

um... yes.. you are correct. It's obvious you don't bother reading the forum much as you would have a clue as to who I was.
Reading all your posts, all you do is criticise... if you can't do better than that .. beat it.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #32
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
um... yes.. you are correct. It's obvious you don't bother reading the forum much as you would have a clue as to who I was.
Reading all your posts, all you do is criticise... if you can't do better than that .. beat it.

FUUCCKKEENN ban him..... :thebirds:
Old 25-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #33
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

l myself thought that this car would run an 11 straight out of the box even a low low 12 even in the warmish?? conditions.

But we will have to wait and see in the next coming weeks.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #34
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

I'm just glad there is another blue oval car out there with mods having a go trying to tear up the dragstrip. Well done boys for bringing something different out and having a go. Congratulations.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #35
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
I'm just glad there is another blue oval car out there with mods having a go trying to tear up the dragstrip. Well done boys for bringing something different out and having a go. Congratulations.....
Agree totally Craig

It's obvious the car has the power, but as to how much Marv will have to tell us, they might be running low boost or a reasonably soft tune initially. Not everyone can be a gun on their 1st go out

Those knitpicking at the time need to realise that :
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #36
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Who might you be tool? Another Victorian horsepower talker........ _
Okay Blocker, we cant all be as good as you at what you do can we, I still think this place needs some wolf's bane dont you think Nick.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Why do we need to compare, we should be encouraging and getting behind the efforts of all owners and Performance shops, even more so with new initiatives for blue oval fans.
If these performance shops don't to the engineering and the the owners put up the cash, we wont see any new developments.
This thread is about CaptianMarv's TT, I would be walking away with a smile 12.1@120mph 1st time out, in full street trim with a novice driver.
Leave the banter for the Red team.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #38
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Who might you be tool? Another Victorian horsepower talker........ _
Well i can smell the $hit youve just stepped in...

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #39
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Why do we need to compare, we should be encouraging and getting behind the efforts of all owners and Performance shops, even more so with new initiatives for blue oval fans.
If these performance shops don't to the engineering and the the owners put up the cash, we wont see any new developments.
This thread is about CaptianMarv's TT, I would be walking away with a smile 12.1@120mph 1st time out, in full street trim with a novice driver.

come on mate not exactly street trim with M/T on it dude LOL
Old 25-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #40
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
come on mate not exactly street trim with M/T on it dude LOL
M/T drag radials are 100% street legal, many guy's with big H/P use these tyres on there daily drivers.
Back to thread.

Old 25-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #41
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Spoolman your one of those blokes that l need to take fishin with me as if l don't catch anything l could always get a bite of you : :Reverend:
Old 25-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #42
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
M/T drag radials are 100% street legal,
I know they are some where on the globe. But Aust, i'm not 100% sure yet.
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #43
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

That time is a good time considering the developmental stage of the car. I think these guys were just testing the water to further refine the car. I have learnt the hard way that just because you put a car together with the right parts that the drag strip helps you identify and improve on the niggly bits.I think this car will be running awesome times before too long.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #44
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Well said, I think most saw "twin turbo" and expected prostock like times
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #45
XRQTOR
Banned

COngrats on another quick car, i still don't think it's showing it's full potential yet.

Is it possible the first run was done on low boost, it picked up 7mph and dropped 7 tenths in it's next two runs.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #46
xr8gn3

Not bad for a first run, sure everyone would have expected more from twin turbos but give it time Im sure it will show its true potential..but most of all it is good to see another BOSS out there wavin the Ford flag....

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #47
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
M/T drag radials are 100% street legal,
Not according to VicRoads

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #48
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Not according to VicRoads
Tyre talk is another thread, Vic Police don't have a problem with them.
Speaking to George Haddad he was pulled over in his 10 sec 67 XT no problems, (as long as there still grooved) FPVGT (Alex) runs them on his XB GT, as does his mate with a 10 sec Torana, all these guy's run them 100% of the time.
So we can move forward from the tyre issue, I am wrong there not 100% legal as is any modification that wasn't meeting compliance on our cars according to Vic-Roads.

Old 26-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #49
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Tyre talk is another thread, Vic Police don't have a problem with them.
Speaking to George Haddad he was pulled over in his 10 sec 67 XT no problems, (as long as there still grooved) FPVGT (Alex) runs them on his XB GT, as does his mate with a 10 sec Torana, all these guy's run them 100% of the time.
So we can move forward from the tyre issue, I am wrong there not 100% legal as is any modification that wasn't meeting compliance on our cars according to Vic-Roads.
Here you go

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...537#post618537

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #50
bprint xr8
more posting less lurking

If im reading this right, as well as being the car's first time out it is also Marv's first time out.

It would be great to run a 12.1 at your first meet.

Some people seem to forget that it does take some practice on the driver side of things to learn and have a successful pass.So to do that and try and sort the car at the same time would be a huge effort.

Good to see more cars and people having a go and im sure we will see some more faster times from this car in the future
Old 26-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #51
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

First time out with a TT Boss? I think I'd be creeping up on it too! I know it'd have my pulse racing first time up. Yes I'm also a novice. I wouldn't expect to be able to keep up with the Jones' on my first go.

Well done and I can't wait to see the car (and driver) reach their potential.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #52
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anybody know what was the TT's 60ft times on his best pass?

Anyway well done not easy first time especially with the grunt that thing has, alot of factors into a good ET, driving,car setup, etc, etc and its a bit hard comparing to Rods TT when he's a experianced racer.
I cant see how you can be critical when you dont know the whole story.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #53
XRQTOR
Banned

I wonder how many of the people who have bagged the times have actually driven a car with enough grunt to run a 12 let alone a low 11. Jumping in a car with big grunt and running a quick time isn't as easy as it sounds.

My first run ever netted me a 14.1 when my car was stock, the following runs where ИИИИhouse and the best run other than my first was a 14.4 I babied it off the line on that first run and tried to hard with the rest. I know my car has the grunt to run a quick time but getting that power to the ground is another story, first is a waste of time and if you hit seccond alittle hard it'll toast the rears without hesitation. I hope it does run a decent time this week but im not going to hold my breath while i learn how to get it down the strip.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #54
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I hope it does run a decent time this week but im not going to hold my breath while i learn how to get it down the strip.
So well see you at WSID this wednesday Leigh, I will hopefully come down to watch also Rich (Hot460) might have his beast going as well.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #55
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

E.T is nothing, MPH is everything, even with a novice at the wheel, the MPH should indicate power, i have run 14.2 and 12.7 with the same MPH.
The early runs of this car didn't show the MPH of a TT Boss, people know this and ask questions, they are not actually bagging the car, driver or E.T.
There is a difference.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #56
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
So well see you at WSID this wednesday Leigh, I will hopefully come down to watch also Rich (Hot460) might have his beast going as well.
Everything is looking good mate so i should be there this week.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #57
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprint xr8
If im reading this right, as well as being the car's first time out it is also Marv's first time out.

It would be great to run a 12.1 at your first meet.

Some people seem to forget that it does take some practice on the driver side of things to learn and have a successful pass.So to do that and try and sort the car at the same time would be a huge effort.

Yep and i couldn't agree more. 12.1 is a great time and with a bit of effort, experience and a little more tinkering, the results will just get better.

Is their a video of it anywhere, I reakon TT on a boss would sound awesome.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #58
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Is their a video of it anywhere, I reakon TT on a boss would sound awesome.
Cheers
they actually sound very quiet. I can only comment on Rod's setup but it sort of whispered past.. to a trap speed of 130 mph
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #59
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
they actually sound very quiet. I can only comment on Rod's setup but it sort of whispered past.. to a trap speed of 130 mph

Really...i thought you'd hear it a mile away...130mph you say...thats big MPH.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #60
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Iv'e been told that the turbo's really quieten the v8's down, but a blower doesn't. I don't see how.