Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default falcon sales split

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2009...n-buyers-14874

Interesting article about the sales split of the falcon:
30%-xt
34-35% mid spec- sports varients
32=33% for G6E-G6E turbo.

Whilst numbers are not high, surely they are happy with the sales split that the high end/high profit models are selling strongly

Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

would love to see Holden numbers for comparison.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
XR8putts

Go the G-Series!

XR6 not as popular as it was during the BA-BF era?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
XPfalcon170

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Go the G-Series!

maybe because they don't look that much different to the ba/f era xrs ?? who knows ??
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Go the G-Series!

It's nothing special like it was with the EB - ED series.
Yes there is the turbo, but the XR6 is just another XT really.

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino

30%-xt

Whilst numbers are not high, surely they are happy with the sales split that the high end/high profit models are selling strongly
Not just selling strongly, but selling strongly to private buyers. Much much more profit in that than to fleets.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd still like to see the XT selling best, (fleets) but it is good to see all models selling well, sounds like ford have done their research and are actually producing cars people want to buy. Unlike the Fairlane and V8 XT's etc.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess Ford Marketing arn't as bad as everyone makes out!! If private sales are going up month after month after month, then the marketing is working. Can't blame marketing for crap fleet sales..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good for sure.

Sales of the falcon would still need to pick up.
1990 compared to 3500 isn't good at all..when you compare the whole platform sales its a bit closer though 3500 to 4600
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
1TUFFUTE
Banned

still dont understand how people can say they look the same as ba an bf models...ridiculous
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
still dont understand how people can say they look the same as ba an bf models...ridiculous
Because some people perhaps may need glasses, just perhaps.
Old 21-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
yep, its completely silly.

pfft, FG looks like a BF, load of BS...

OT. I think thats a healthy sales split.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino

30%-xt

I see G6E's everywhere, there will be plenty around in a few years. This is good news as more private sales means healthier profits.
If the XR(N/A) and Xt are selling at the same amount then it is inline with the B-series as they pretty much sold one to one.
Old 22-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I see next to no XT's in Perth. I see quite a few G6's and XR's. In fact I have probably seen just as many G6ET's in Perth as I have XT's.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I see next to no XT's in Perth. I see quite a few G6's and XR's. In fact I have probably seen just as many G6ET's in Perth as I have XT's.
Hopefully with the new updates in the engine (that have reduced the emmisions) more fleets will take up the XT.
Old 22-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I see G6E's everywhere, there will be plenty around in a few years. This is good news as more private sales means healthier profits.
If the XR(N/A) and Xt are selling at the same amount then it is inline with the B-series as they pretty much sold one to one.
Me too, see more G6E's than any other FG.

Good for the profit margins, which are much greater on the upper spec models.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Hopefully with the new updates in the engine (that have reduced the emmisions) more fleets will take up the XT.
It would be good to see, yes. But I doubt government departments will take it up. I work in a government department and there are a number of them in the same building, and in the fleet carpark outside it's full of 4 cylinder cars, particularly Camrys. What few Falcons there are, are the egas ones. I suspect that this was the only way users could get a 6cyl car was if it was on straight LPG.

Once that hybrid Camry starts production the government departments will flock to it.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #18
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ah yes, but what is the current camrys fuel consumption?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
It would be good to see, yes. But I doubt government departments will take it up. I work in a government department and there are a number of them in the same building, and in the fleet carpark outside it's full of 4 cylinder cars, particularly Camrys. What few Falcons there are, are the egas ones. I suspect that this was the only way users could get a 6cyl car was if it was on straight LPG.

Once that hybrid Camry starts production the government departments will flock to it.
Hopfully the falcon will come out with the injected LPG Falcon and when doing the sums the Falcon will be a smarter purchase.
Old 23-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #20
colossus
Secret Sleuth

What makes you assume G6E are private sales? Heaps of XR6's were fleet sales in BA/BF days the G6E may have taken their place, you would need to see more detailed data than the one supplied. Plenty of user chooser fleet buyers nowadays that would opt for comfort (G6E) over sport (XR6) who didn't want an "old man" Fairmont lease car back in BA/BF. Either way the lower the percentage of XT's sold the better for Ford.
Old 28-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Seems there is interest in people looking at the Falcon...hopefully it ends up in more sales. I guess this is being shown in the recent sales were the Falcon is selling to private buyers.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257601001B0CA9

Quote:
Internet clicks for Falcon

Falcon tops web views as Ford gains more private sales

By JAMES STANFORD 28 July 2009

THE Ford Falcon might not be the top-selling car in Australia, but it is a winner in the virtual world of the internet.

DataMotive Research internet ‘share-of-views’ information reveals the Falcon is by far the most looked-at car, by quite a margin from the Mazda3 and Holden Commodore which both out-perform the Falcon in actual sales.

The data was collected from Carsales Network automotive web sites from January to the end of June, which means it has not been skewed by Ford’s new engine plans announced on Friday.

Toyota’s Corolla also usually beats the Falcon in sales, but it is only the seventh most looked-at vehicle, behind the Mitsubishi Lancer, Volkswagen Golf and Subaru Impreza.

This share-of-view information is a useful tool for measuring consumer interest, but other DataMotive numbers more accurately indicate the consumer intent to buy.

‘Share of leads’ indicates how many people clicked-through to contact a dealer and request more information.

As these numbers do not include many large fleets and government leads, as these fleet managers tend to contact the car-makers directly, it is a good guide to what private consumers want to buy or are at least considering.

Not surprisingly, Mazda3 leads this race, as it has always been a strong in private sales, but it is not far ahead of the Falcon – a good result considering sales of the big Ford traditionally have been heavily skewed towards fleets.

The DataMotive information ties in with the FG Falcon’s model mix which indicates increasing numbers of private sales with more emphasis on premium G-Series and XR sales and fewer sales of the XT fleet special.

Toyota’s HiLux and Holden’s Commodore are a fair way back in third and fourth when it comes to the share of leads so far this year.

As of June, the Corolla is way back in sixth, ever so slightly ahead of the Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza and Suzuki Swift.

This indicates that the Corolla might be a big seller when it comes to fleets, but is not so great at generating private leads for dealers.

While fleet sales are a useful way to pump volumes, fleet rate
Old 28-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #22
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Shows that once the potential buyer gets to the dealership they somehow stuff it up and the buyer goes elsewhere
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Seems there is interest in people looking at the Falcon...hopefully it ends up in more sales. I guess this is being shown in the recent sales were the Falcon is selling to private buyers.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257601001B0CA9
The tide is turning, just like the faithful here predicted.
Old 28-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #24
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAuto
‘Share of leads’ indicates how many people clicked-through to contact a dealer and request more information.

As these numbers do not include many large fleets and government leads, as these fleet managers tend to contact the car-makers directly, it is a good guide to what private consumers want to buy or are at least considering.

Not surprisingly, Mazda3 leads this race, as it has always been a strong in private sales, but it is not far ahead of the Falcon – a good result considering sales of the big Ford traditionally have been heavily skewed towards fleets.

The DataMotive information ties in with the FG Falcon’s model mix which indicates increasing numbers of private sales with more emphasis on premium G-Series and XR sales and fewer sales of the XT fleet special.

Toyota’s HiLux and Holden’s Commodore are a fair way back in third and fourth when it comes to the share of leads so far this year.
Hi VZTRT. Another good find. So, it's not just an increasing percentage of private buyers, but an increase in numbers and at higher specifications!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it may also mean some of the highest selling cars are bought by the sheep of the country or the morons who purchase because of the tacky banjo and harmonica music in car commercials, makes them feel special
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #26
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
The tide is turning, just like the faithful here predicted.
Agreed. What you rather a quality $35,990 XR6 or a dated GMH Commodore with an ancient auto, harsh motor and dated interior for less coin? Seems, the public is warming to Ford.

July sales will be very interesting. The only thing we can guarantee is that Ford will sell every Terri, Falcon and Ute they can build. Burela said as much, when he said July and August were sold out and September is looking good. So, about 5800-6200 units all up. I'm hoping for 1250, 3750, 1000 respectively.

With the overtime in the engine shop last Wednesday, there should be plenty of G6ET's leaving dealerships to reduce the 2-3 month wait.

NB Where the O.P. got that split from, not sure. In April it was 3% XT, 50+% XR & 42% G series.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #27
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
it may also mean some of the highest selling cars are bought by the sheep of the country or the morons who purchase because of the tacky banjo and harmonica music in car commercials, makes them feel special

Or maybe it's because the "great unwashed" haven't yet realised that Holden is un-Australian.
Old 28-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #28
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

They are doing a good job at the moment .... the right mix of cars from Fiesta to the G series with good advertising. The latest with the XR and the G6E are quite good. Shame the FPV's don't seem to have a presence.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #29
DTFRMONT

Quote:
That's proably because they're buying G6's instead. I work for a large Federal Govt. department, and all the falcons in our fleet have been nearly all Futuras/G6's for some years now, even back in AU days. Though there are more Corollas & Camrys in the fleet now, with the odd Prius to make things 'look good'.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #30
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
NB Where the O.P. got that split from, not sure. In April it was 3% XT, 50+% XR & 42% G series.

Hey mate, i just assumed by entry level they meant the xt, maybe its grouped with the G6?
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post