Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #1831
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Roller door remote just gave up the ghost.....Modern gear and it's electronics are great but hell when they go wrong we realise just how much we rely on them.

pain in the posterior to get into and out of the house now......
I'll see your broken door, and raise you one with a Ute jammed underneath

$200 later, all good!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #1832
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I'll see your broken door, and raise you one with a Ute jammed underneath

$200 later, all good!

Oh dear!......She who would be the soul possessor of all things shiny and expensive only had her brand new car for a week ( 2014 Ford Fiesta) when she reversed out of the carport before the roller door had fully completed opening, radio antenna on roof ripped off.

Thankfully Ford only charged us around $50 for new mast and install.......Pretty good I thought.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #1833
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, I remember pulling up at a mates place and seeing his dad panelbeating one of their rollerdoors. They had 2 side by side.
I asked the question and turns out he had opened one, walked in to the shed, jumped in his car which was in front of the other still shut door and started reversing out.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #1834
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of our local Ambo, drivers, answered the siren in a most timely manner, jumped into the driver seat, siren blaring, hit reverse and wiped out the new, heavy duty, roller door, red faced he/she moved on to the next unit, but this time he/she opened the roller door.

The building had only been open for around a month, fantastic base with 4 bays, 3 units, right next to the Fire department.

my grizzle for today........

when I did the marking up for the downlights in our kitchen and extension I used a stringline and a red texta. (sparky said the most expensive and difficult part of the job was marking up, so I did it to save a few bob, grabbed the first marker at hand, a red texta.).....dots everywhere.

guess what!!!!!......yep! bloody ceiling paint won't stick to the red texta marks, so now I gotta tap all the dots with a hammer to create a little indentation, fill them all with plaster then sand the buggers.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by poppa smurf; 12-03-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #1835
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Use zinsser. Just paint over the dot and it will seal it from bleeding through
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #1836
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

What I really hate is when I'm merrily washing my car in the driveway and every bloody neighbour that walks past comes out with that same moronic comment....
"Wanna do mine next"...
What should you reply to this??
"Yeah sure, drive it around. Bring ya Mrs too, and I'll DO her as well"?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #1837
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
What I really hate is when I'm merrily washing my car in the driveway and every bloody neighbour that walks past comes out with that same moronic comment....
"Wanna do mine next"...
What should you reply to this??
"Yeah sure, drive it around. Bring ya Mrs too, and I'll DO her as well"?
I usually say sorry, but I don't think you could afford my prices!

Also, would you want to mow someone else's lawn?

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #1838
TRAU BLAU

Every time somebody sees me washing the car I get;"Are you selling it!"As if that is the only reason to clean it.
Old 13-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #1839
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Internet trolls...

Life was so much more pleasant before I read and listened to advice on the Internet's :/
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #1840
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tripple M and Gold...Is it just me or they talk way too much?. Maybe I just have bad timing when I listen to the radio, or I just need to find other stations.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #1841
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmattie View Post
People asking what something is worth and the cliché response;

"It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it".
People like that I dub "ever the eternal optimist'".

Either it has a price or it doesn't. Pretty flippin simple I think.
Old 13-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #1842
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
People like that I dub "ever the eternal optimist'".

Either it has a price or it doesn't. Pretty flippin simple I think.

I think it was Rolls Royce salespeople who used to say "if you must ask the price, you can't afford it!"

an old bloke I met had one that had broken down, Rolls Royce sent out a technician to rectify the problem......

when asked why it had broken down the technician replied "Roll's Royce do not break down, on extremely rare occasion they may fail to proceed but they NEVER break down!"

Old 13-03-2015, 10:44 PM   #1843
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Tripple M and Gold...Is it just me or they talk way too much?. Maybe I just have bad timing when I listen to the radio, or I just need to find other stations.
Said it before on here - I don't listen to FM radio when in my car - too much dribble. I've actually gone back to AM. (But I do have a digital Radio that I need to fit!!)

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #1844
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When asked why it had broken down the technician replied "Roll's Royce do not break down, on extremely rare occasion they may fail to proceed but they NEVER break down!"
I say that about my wagon - it never breaks down, it just gets lazy sometimes and demands a lift home!!!

My Gallery Photos Here
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #1845
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When useless ******* Telstra accidentally downgrade your ADSL2+ to standard ADSL and you work it out about a year later and then after paying for ADSL2+ for god knows how long I said they had better rectify it quick smart. So they send the technician to the exchange to fix it and BAM, no fckn ADSL2+ ports left....gggrrrrrr.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 17-03-2015 at 08:05 AM.
NTF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #1846
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
When useless Fckn Telstra accidentally downgrade your ADSL2+ to standard ADSL and you work it out about a year later and then after paying for ADSL2+ for god knows how long I said they had better rectify it quick smart. So they send the technician to the exchange to fix it and BAM, no fckn ADSL2+ ports left....gggrrrrrr.
Woahhh - I hope they can at least repay you the extra money you've been forking out!! That's so bad!!!

My Gallery Photos Here
Old 17-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #1847
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The stupid thing is, it's cheaper to get ADSL2+ than ADSL in most cases so don't expect any refund in this lifetime.

I'm stuck with ADSL and pay for ADSL2+ to get the download limit. That was my choice but what gripes me is my speeds are supposed to be 8k yet on a good day I'm lucky to get half that and most of the time it is below 2k and it regularly goes below 1k. I've seen 0.2k and even 0.1k for extended periods but when I complain, and I've taken it all the way to the TIO, I just get told it's line congestion and there's nothing they can or will do.

I call bull$hit as there's less than 50 lines in total coming from our exchange and the techy told me there was only 32 internet connections, so how can there possibly be line congestion with a fibre optic cable coming into the exchange. It's the antiquated equipment, but do you think they will do anything about it....... not on your life.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 17-03-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #1848
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

okay, I get the same rubbish, I'm on high speed ADSL2 but it often drops way below reasonable standard.

what is going to happen when the NBN comes to town?

Old 17-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #1849
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
okay, I get the same rubbish, I'm on high speed ADSL2 but it often drops way below reasonable standard.

Apparently research tells me it won't be much better.

And while we are on the subject of data limits, why can't we just have one bucket of data for my home, iphone, ipad the missus android, if they are all with Crappond then just have one total data plan but I'm guessing it's all about screwing as much money out of the customer as possible.

Last edited by NTF6; 17-03-2015 at 01:27 PM.
NTF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #1850
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
The stupid thing is, it's cheaper to get ADSL2+ than ADSL in most cases so don't expect any refund in this lifetime.

I'm stuck with ADSL and pay for ADSL2+ to get the download limit. That was my choice but what gripes me is my speeds are supposed to be 8k yet on a good day I'm lucky to get half that and most of the time it is below 2k and it regularly goes below 1k. I've seen 0.2k and even 0.1k for extended periods but when I complain, and I've taken it all the way to the TIO, I just get told it's line congestion and there's nothing they can or will do.

I call bull$hit as there's less than 50 lines in total coming from our exchange and the techy told me there was only 32 internet connections, so how can there possibly be line congestion with a fibre optic cable coming into the exchange. It's the antiquated equipment, but do you think they will do anything about it....... not on your life.
I used to get 18mbps ADSL2+ connection and now its down to 10mbps and in peak times due to congestion it slows down to around 150-250kb/s real world speeds from 1300kb/s which IMO in unacceptable but what can you do about it unfortunately.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #1851
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
You're dead right bushy, I'm paying $89.95/m for ADSL and they said I could have ADSL2+ for $80/m. I change my home phone plan from Homeline Plus to Homeline basic and they changed that and my ADSL2+ back to basic.

I hate the way they change the plans all the time, my contract ran out about 2 years ago and as far as I'm aware my current plan ceased to exist more than a year ago so where is my letter saying that the plans are cheaper and we've decided so move you over to an equal or better plan for less money, but no the money hungry ****s!
Old 17-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #1852
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf

Quote:
Apparently research tells me it won't be much better.

And while we are on the subject of data limits, why can't we just have one bucket of data for my home, iphone, ipad the missus android, if they are all with Crappond then just have one total data plan but I'm guessing it's all about screwing as much money out of the customer as possible.
Gents I can assure you from experience that NBN is 100% better than ADSL2+ and I cannot wait until it comes to where I had to move to. I had to go back to ADSL2+ and it's painfully slow compared to NBN.

Their site currently states groundwork being done however it's been like that for the last 8 months so it makes me wonder the rumblings I've been hearing that Tony put the kibosh on it are true.
Old 17-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #1853
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I used to get 18mbps ADSL2+ connection and now its down to 10mbps and in peak times due to congestion it slows down to around 150-250kb/s real world speeds from 1300kb/s which IMO in unacceptable but what can you do about it unfortunately.
I get what you're saying but I'm on an exchange with less than 40 internet users, most of which are on 1.5k because Telstra would'nt admit the exchange is capable of 8k till I took my complaints all the way to the TIO recently. The problem is, the hardware in my exchange is over a decade old and is breaking down but Telstra refuse to do anything about it. There's fibre optic coming into the exchange so as far as I'm concerned, there's no way 32 users (at last count), most running at less than 8k can be causing line congestion, it's the hardware.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 17-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #1854
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Gents I can assure you from experience that NBN is 100% better than ADSL2+ and I cannot wait until it comes to where I had to move to. I had to go back to ADSL2+ and it's painfully slow compared to NBN.

Their site currently states groundwork being done however it's been like that for the last 8 months so it makes me wonder the rumblings I've been hearing that Tony put the kibosh on it are true.
I won't hold my breath for NBN, apparently 9000 homes and businesses in Alice Springs will be on NBN by July 2016, FAT CHANCE...!!!!
Old 17-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #1855
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tony changing to fibre to node is so ******* dumb. Basically you will still be limited in speed due to the lesser lines to the node bottlenecking. Yes it'll be better but still behind in the world of internet.

If I'm not mistaken parts of the UK have fibre to node since late 90s early 00.

Not to mention 4g still goes faster than my adsl 2+ when I'm not even 300metres from the exchange.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #1856
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
I won't hold my breath for NBN, apparently 9000 homes and businesses in Alice Springs will be on NBN by July 2016, FAT CHANCE...!!!!
I've been hearing our local councillors here spruiking that Ipswich in its entirety is meant to be NBN mid this year... I'm with you on that comment.
Old 17-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #1857
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bushy... theres enough grain trucks pass that exchange every week, well...., if one of them had an 'accident' and the exchange got 'damaged' surely our local drop kick federal member Mr Treloar might be encouraged to get his a--- into gear.. possibly problem solvered
Old 17-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #1858
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

It's not Treloar here, it's Rowan Ramsey. Just another mouthpiece towing the party line.

And getting those trucks to make a right turn and take out the exchange would take some doing unfortunately.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 18-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #1859
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Credit/debit card surcharges and stores that have an eftpos minimum on purchases.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #1860
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Facebook, kids and wife have become lazy and all they do is sit in bed on stupid facebook.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post