Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Red face PX II Ranger, or PY Ranger?

So the PX has been out for 2 years now, soon to be 3, will we see a facelift or an MCE in the coming 12 months?

The Everest concept unveiled earlier this year points to new styling for the T6 platform. Will the Ranger pick this styling up?

Also, the Holden Colorado/Isuzu D-Max has recently had a little upgrade and is now packing 500nm and new features. There is also a new Hilux due out next year.

I’m pretty sure a new Triton is due next year as well, and then of course the 8-speed auto Amarok is in the mix?

Will Ford update the Ranger next year to keep it sharp or will they drop the ball?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: PX II Ranger, or PY Ranger?

Considering it's an internationally sold model it's really up to which ever division controls things. Bear in mind unlike a Ford Aust-only vehicle it also has international sales levels of income to support it.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Itsme
Experienced Member

Ahhhh the guessing game, we will have to wait & see.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post

Also, the Holden Colorado/Isuzu D-Max has recently had a little upgrade and is now packing 500nm and new features. There is also a new Hilux due out next year.
Incorrect!
DMAX uses a 3L Isuzu engine, where the Colorado uses a 2.8L VM Motori engine.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Incorrect!
DMAX uses a 3L Isuzu engine, where the Colorado uses a 2.8L VM Motori engine.
Ok, so the Colorado now has 500nm and not the Isuzu. Something Holden are hammering with their advertising I notice.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 17-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
munners

I think it will be PX II. It will hopefully get things like satnav and reverse camera added to the XLT, it should have had these from the beginning.

Munners
munners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I'm pretty sure I read an announcement (23 December?) that the XLT will get satnav as standard for 2014. Can't remember anything else though. And a new engine for the XLS.

Old 31-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I might be talking a little out of school here, but i'm pretty sure I remember one of the marketing guys mentioning there will be an update in 2014.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I think it'll be PY if the styling changes are as extensive as the Endeavour pointed to.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11410704
Quote:
Ranger

The award-winning Ford Ranger gains additional features and new variants for 2014. The Ranger XLS was added to sit between the XL and XLT and is now available in either 2.2-litre or 3.2-litre engines mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.

Apart from the arrival of new XLS models, the 4x2 XL Single Cab Chassis 2.2-litre low-rider Ranger gains side air-bags as standard while satellite navigation has been added across the entire XLT line-up. “We have responded to customers who have been asking for satellite navigation, as well as a more private buyer-focused Ranger in the XLS which offers improved exterior appearance and interior comfort while delivering outstanding off-road abilities,” said Ford Australia Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Service Graeme Whickman. Whickman said the addition of satellite navigation on the XLT 4x2 and 4x4 models was in response to customer demand. “This is a feature our customers value so we’ve added it into the XLT models,” he said. “The Ranger has been one of our strongest selling vehicles in 2013. We’ve sold more than 20,000 and the Ranger continues to impress our customers with its ‘can do’ functionality and performance. “We expect the popularity of the Ranger to continue in 2014 by offering customers more features and models.”

As with all Rangers, the award-winning pick-up is available with Bluetooth®1,USB and iPod2 integration and voice control over the radio, CD, iPod, USB, and mobile phone standard on all models. Similarly, cruise control is standard across the entire range. The Ranger was designed and engineered Australia. It is being manufactured in three continents and sold in more than 180 countries.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
I think it'll be PY if the styling changes are as extensive as the Endeavour pointed to.
I doubt you will see body style change, just a few upgrades on the XL,XLS, & XLT models..... most likely be still known as PX.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

From Caradvice -

"Ford will expand its Australian-designed Ranger workhorse line-up in 2014 with a new body style of the XLS and the brand-new XL-Plus.........

The XL-Plus is essentially a heavier-duty Ranger, featuring the 3.2-litre diesel engine, auto transmission, locking rear differential, a towbar rated to 3500kg, daytime running lights, running boards, 17-inch steel rims, a second battery, and an expanded, heavy-duty wiring harness. Aimed squarely at industry buyers in mining, forestry and government, the macho Ranger will be available as a single-cab chassis ($46,280), double-cab chassis ($51,760), and double-cab ute ($52,760)."

Sounds quite interesting, a belated replacement for the RTV Falcon?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #13
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Could be. I was told well over a year ago there was a "mine spec" one in the works. Looks like that's it.

Now they can make me a Ranger ST