Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 20-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
RATT

Default Page loading up blank?

This is happening on my home PC. The page loads (according to bar on the bottom right) which then shows us "done" but the page stays blank. :

I first thought it was only FF.au but it also happens to other forums so it's obviously my PC that's the problem.
I have various anti-virus, webwasher and spyware programs to protect it but it is still happening.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Try deleting your Internet Explorer history and tempoaryinternet files. Maybe even your cookies.

With your AV and anti-Spyware softare, make sure they are fully up to date. Also, have a look for some other anti-Spyware utilities. I run Ad-Aware and SpyWare Doctor. Both find stuff the other missed. And some other stuff I have to remove by hand because none of them would find it.
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Another thing you can try is going to tools/internet options/security tab
and set the internet zone back to default.

IE is so insecure, and heaven only knows what scripts etc can get in and mess with your settings.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get the same problem, but it only happens occasionally and only with google.
Old 20-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
RATT

Thanks for your help guys. I'll give it a go but keep the suggestions coming.
Old 20-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Delete Cache, Cookies and temp files
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

format computer, load a different OS.. change brand of RAM... recondition the mouse and throw away the mouse pad
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #8
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Try deleting your Internet Explorer history and tempoaryinternet files. Maybe even your cookies.

With your AV and anti-Spyware softare, make sure they are fully up to date. Also, have a look for some other anti-Spyware utilities. I run Ad-Aware and SpyWare Doctor. Both find stuff the other missed. And some other stuff I have to remove by hand because none of them would find it.
Thanks slothy. How do you remove spyware/adware by hand?
Old 20-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #9
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Thanks slothy. How do you remove spyware/adware by hand?
It can be tricky. You need to know what to look for.

First thing you need to find out is the name of the executable that is running and causing the problems.
Start the registry editor (Start->Run type in regedit and click OK) and explore down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run. Then on the right hand side look for thing that you don't recognise. You'll have stuff in there to launch any chat clients and any other things that start automatically. Look for one you don't recognise.
If you do find anything you don't recognise make a note of the executable name and then delete the entry for that executable.
Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run and do the same.

* Be careful, editing your registry can have nasty consequences if you edit or delete the wrong thing. Any actions are immediate and there is no Undo option.

Now fire up Task Manager (right click on your task bar and choose Task Manager), click on the Processes tab and turn on the Show process for all users check box.
Now look through the list for any process with the name as what you found in the registry. If you find it (and there may be more than one running), right click on it and choose End Process, and click OK to confirm. Do this for instances of the process.

Now, open Windows Explorer and right click on your C: drive and choose Search. Then in the filename field type in the name of the executable and start the search. When it finds them, delete them. If you get an access denied it probably means it's still running so check Task Manager again.

Reboot and do the all of the above again. I've found the sneakier ones have some method of coming back after a reboot. One even had 3 or 4 different executables in various locations all looking out for each other. It was a bitch to get rid of and took me over half a day.

Two chicks at work got major spyware on their personal lappies and after trying the manual method it was decided a nice clean reformat was in order. That might be your last resort. :-(

Good luck!
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Also try re typing your homepage into the homepage box., under tools internet options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post