Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Default WS Fiesta Number Plate Light Blown

Hi Guys,

One of my number plate lamps has blown at the back of the car. Looks easy enough to change the bulb but do you think I can. I have tried prying the cover off as per the instruction manual. It comes out half way but not enough to come out fully. I am using a lot of pressure and I dont want to break it. Has anyone done this before?

Cheers

Craig

craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
ellwa

Default Re: WS Fiesta Number Plate Light Blown

I havent removed the numberplate ones, but if it is similar the one inside the boot, once its come out half way, you have to pry it out from the other side and the whole thing will come out.

good luck.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
geelong festy

Default Re: WS Fiesta Number Plate Light Blown

A little force needed as the clips are stronger than the interior ones. I changed my globes for LED's which was worth the effort. Cheers, Lee, Geelong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb
Hi Guys,

One of my number plate lamps has blown at the back of the car. Looks easy enough to change the bulb but do you think I can. I have tried prying the cover off as per the instruction manual. It comes out half way but not enough to come out fully. I am using a lot of pressure and I dont want to break it. Has anyone done this before?

Cheers

Craig
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post