Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default Life threatened by 4 Idiots today

Well today on the way home near St Vincent’s Hospital 4 ***kwits tried to cut me off from the left hand turning lane as I was going straight, I tooted my horn and kept on going, they pulled up behind me and the driver got out and came up to the drivers side, hit the window and started having a go at us, calling us (my wife and myself) ****holes and ***** then asked me to get out of the car, I told him to get back in his box and ***k off, well he got back in his laser and proceeded to rev it and get closer and closer to the back of my GT, I took of and they pulled up beside us and 3 of the guy got out and one of them tried to open the drivers door, so I took off through a red light and turned down a side road and gunned it, while this was going on my wife had taken down there rego no# and a "for sale" mobile phone number. So the number is **********, the first and third no# had been removed but it's not going to be hard to get the right number!!! and his rego is ****** its a pale blue laser with a rusty right hand front 1/4 panel and bonnet.
The guy next door is a cop so I will be having a talk with him tonight!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..

Last edited by Philbie; 25-02-2005 at 12:15 AM.
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

hahaha mind if I call him?

Last time anyone called me dad a c*** at the lights he got out and knocked him out.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
paul7v7
bring it on

damn dude sorry to hear of that. hope you and the wife are ok. have jotted down that number before mods remove it and it will be widely used
Old 24-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
neb
hibernating

i hate dickheads like that.. the same thing happened to me.. i had only just got my P's. i was turning right from the right hand lane and these guys turned right from the middle lane (which was to go straight only) and they cut me off. so i beeped at them as you do. i didn't have a car yet and was driving my dad's car with my younger brother (about 14 at the time next to me).

they raced in front of me (it was 4 young guys in a car) and cut in front of me and slammed their brakes on.. i tried to stop but just hit the back of them softly.. scratched the bumper of my dads car not sure if it damaged the car they were in. we both kept driving and they were yelling stuff at me. so i got chased around streets for a while. ran a few red lights since they would get out of their car at red lights. ended up going to the police station and they ****ed off.

was pretty scary experience considering i had only just gotten my p's and wasn't really used to driving yet as well.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

MAn, thats awful, have had one bad experience, so know exactly how you feel. Good luck at getting some revenge.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
2IC
Starter Motor

shane3 that was very well handled on your behalf. congrats on your restraint. i've heard of this happening and when you get out to confront them you're hit or pushed out of the way and the f**kers take your car..... and judging by your car that very well may have been the target.
a similar thing happened to me with my old man in the passenger seat (i'm 6'1 and he's 6'3 and about 120kg) one of two blokes got out after cutting me off and getting a blast of my rather loud horn. He puffs out his chest (he wasn't a big bloke though)and comes up to the window (my tint is fairly dark so he wouldn't have been able to see in...) so I roll down the window, he looks inside and sees us and his look goes from aggressive to timid in about 1 second... he apologised for cutting me off said he didn't see me in the blind spot, got back in his car and took off... me and dad just sat there ****ing ourselves.

Last edited by 2IC; 24-02-2005 at 07:46 PM.
2IC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Well I'm only 5'6", 78kg and I am disabled!, so I wasn't going to take any chances.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 24-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
FordFan86
meow

That really does suck man, there are so many pathetic ****ers out there... good to see you showing restraint, depending on size/situation of the accident i woulda been out of the car right up in their faces... never throw the first punch tho...
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #9
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Shane I know how you feel, that happened to the Maddestman and myself one night. Some idiot was tail gating me and I was doing the speed limit, I wasn't going to go over the speed limit because I know that the cops sit and wait on that road. It's a one lane road and he would swerve to try and overtake or undertake, but he had no way around.

When I pulled up at the lights, he jumped out of his car and I hit the lock doors switch as fast as I could. He came up to the passengers side window and started abusing the hell out of Troy and I, he wasn't little either.

When he realised that we weren't getting out of the car and I had my mobile to my ear he jumped in his car and took off, I got his rego but never called the cops about the incident. It was quiet a scary thing, especially at night when there are hardly any other cars out.

I'm glad both you and your wife are ok. Sometimes it pays to just keep your mouth shut and stay in the car. :voldar02:
Old 24-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
buickman
buickman

Gee I wonder why people have to get so upset about trivial matters and make them into major problems. Had these emotional fools had done serious harm to you or your wife and end up in court they most likely spill out how hard their lives have been. I would take further action and lets hope they learn a lesson.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

I know this happened to a female friend of mine one night, she was so scared that she called me, and luckily i was not that far away. When i got there she was quite literally locked in her car with a bloke doing his block at her, standing at her door. I'm not a big bloke either but a menacing look and a tyre iron in one hand soon did the trick.

Its bloody wrong, but if its at all possible to stand up for yourself without provoking the situation, its worth doing.
Old 24-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #12
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Sh!T guys these stories are whacked....There seems to be more A**holes in the world then there are good people.
My dad carries a solid iron bar in his car, because someone tried to carjack him once, he had it they ****ed off. So i'm getting me a weapon and storing it next to my seat..
Old 24-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #13
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey shane - that would have sucked.

Same thing has happened to me - almost exactly the same sitution. Just locked the doors and talked the fu$%wit down till he got back in his car. I was too shaken up to even think of getting the rego.

Why do people care so much to actually get out of their car?? Total fu$@ers and I hope you do report them.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Gezzus this is scary shit.... Be careful leaving your car around anywhere near where this happened, if these assholes get half the chance they will do something bad to it.... If you live local in the area go to vicroads and get a new rego combo and put some stickers on the back window, coz you can bet your bottom dollar these layabout assholes will do something to it. :

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 24-02-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #15
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

sorry to hear, how come you didnt ring '000' straight away or go to a police station??

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #16
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Well I'm only 5'6", 78kg and I am disabled!, so I wasn't going to take any chances.
Well, for starters Shane, if you drive a GT there's no way you are disabled. I'd say just like us other GT drivers, you are more than able and probably well hung like the rest of us!
On the issue of the ****wits who threatened you, I can assure you if it was me, they wouldn't have got even close to the car before I got out first. I'm a 100kg of ex-copper and stuff the law, he would have ended up getting very close and personal with the bitumen.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #17
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

people like that shouldnt hold a license...
you did the right thing not to provoke him just think he'll do it to the wrong person one day and get his face smashed in.....

Last edited by kiwikid; 24-02-2005 at 09:52 PM.
kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #18
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Thats what scares me, Im not worried about me, Im worried these knobs will lay the boot in to the car at the next set of lights, and if that happends I would cut sick on them and end up in the can. If it happends I would make a break for it, they would have no chance of keeping up with me, but I would try to get a rego number, to give you some backup. It's a bad thing thats for sure......

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #19
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am with JAJH .. but like him I am not small and also have some experience at looking after myself.

Funnily enough I don't get a lot of trouble. I am told I look grumpy all the time .. maybe that does the trick
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #20
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

these people make me so friggin angry... : :jab:
they are the reason so many people have to carry "weapons" (ie: metal bars) in their cars...
Old 24-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #21
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Funnily enough I don't get a lot of trouble. I am told I look grumpy all the time .. maybe that does the trick
hahahaha jeff, it certainly does work, i dont get harrassed at all when driving the ute around, but when i drive the shitty hilux ute at work, and im towing a tandem trailer(its damn slow) they fire up, but as soon as i pull up next to them, its a different story!
Lucky for these guys that they didnt do that to the wrong person....but you handled it very well mate, best thing to do is to get the hell outta there and get the plate.

Last edited by philstoj; 24-02-2005 at 10:25 PM.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #22
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You did the right thing got the numbers,and hopefully reported it.

JAJH,how long and why did you leave the force,because I think the advice you gave was a little incorrect. You seem to have a grudge?

As for me as I'm an old fart and don't have too much to lose...I walk very softly and carry a big stick,but I always assess the odds. If there against me I use the law if there not...then justice is carried out.

The end result is you should always keep yourself inside the law where possible...otherwise be prepared to wear the consequences.

shane3, if it's not to personal,just how are you disabled.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #23
LUXO_8
windsor user

that sucks mate, glad to see though that they never went through with anything and injured you, your wife or your car
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #24
Philbie
Drvtme

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
I am with JAJH .. but like him I am not small and also have some experience at looking after myself.

Is that it? - bugger, I've been trying to work that out for ages..... :hihi:

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Philbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #25
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
You did the right thing got the numbers,and hopefully reported it.

JAJH,how long and why did you leave the force,because I think the advice you gave was a little incorrect. You seem to have a grudge?

As for me as I'm an old fart and don't have too much to lose...I walk very softly and carry a big stick,but I always assess the odds. If there against me I use the law if there not...then justice is carried out.

The end result is you should always keep yourself inside the law where possible...otherwise be prepared to wear the consequences.

shane3, if it's not to personal,just how are you disabled.
TAC gave me a 32% disability rating, I suffered a broken left leg, snapped 3 of the 4 tendons in the knee and they removed 80% of the cartilage in the knee (this is why I drive an auto!) and is 23mm shorter then the right leg, broken left elbow - I still have the 2 screws in my elbow and can only straighten it to 177 degree's (can't get it dead straight!), Broken and dislocated left shoulder, 1 screw still in place, shattered right wrist, I broke 6 of the 8 bones that make up the wrist, and had then fused in place and can now only get 28 degree bend out of it, cracked sternum and ruptured spleen.
All this ads up to me not being able to move quickly, don’t get me wrong I can look after myself but with 4 guys to 1, I didn't like the odds, well I do have his mobile phone no# and the incident has been reported to the cops.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:04 AM   #26
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

look on the bright side. these blokes might end up contracting ebola and die miserable, painful deaths. seriously, i am guessing that they are complete losers, and i am guessing that you arent. i am suspecting petty jealousy would have had a lot to do with it. you drove off in your nice car, probably to a nice house, probably with a nice wife. thse dicks drove off in their shit box, to their scabby house (with the rats) and some skank for a wife. that, and the fact that there were four very brave lads in the car probably fuelled it. i was going to wish the rats would chew on these guys dangly bits, but rats arent that badly off.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #27
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Man that totally sucks!!!

If I was in a GT and some dickheads in their puny Laser were trying to assault me, I'd smash into them and run them off the road and hopefully into a concrete wall! Then I'd keep ramming their asses till they all died and their car was crumpled into tiny pieces!!!!

But thats just me. :

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #28
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Man that totally sucks!!!

If I was in a GT and some dickheads in their puny Laser were trying to assault me, I'd smash into them and run them off the road and hopefully into a concrete wall! Then I'd keep ramming their asses till they all died and their car was crumpled into tiny pieces!!!!

But thats just me. :

and destroy a perfectly good GT with a concrete wall???... :togo:
Old 25-02-2005, 12:19 AM   #29
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a similar thing happen to me. Was on our way home from a BBQ one Saturday,(Myself, Girlfriend and my 3 year old who was asleep in the Backseat) when this idiot in a clapped out HQ holden ute came up beside me. I could see him in the rear vision mirror cutting in and out of traffic to catch me. Pulled up at the lights, and his revving his v8 holden, backfiring like theres no tommorrow. Road was wet and he's all over the place. Eventually when we hit the freeway, he sits on my tail until the road divides and comes back up on me. All the time revving and all over the road. Making a real dick of himself. When he gets beside, i see he has a passenger who would be about 8 years old, didn't seem to be enjoying experience. All the time, the driver shouting and laughing. Lunatic. Anyway, the result was that he was carrying on like a dick for a few minutes, then when we hit the freeway another 20 seconds of being an idiot before he planted the foot in a cloud of blue smoke and went on his merry way. Didn't see him again. Complete tool. Not only was he being an idiot on the road, he was doing it with a child in the car. Setting a good example. I just put it down to him driving a shit box holden. Thats enough to send anyone over the edge :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #30
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep everyone posted on the outcome. I am very interested to hear the outcome.

I just keep thinking why would you do what they did, with a big for sale sign and a mobile number on the car. Go figure :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post