Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thats what i get......

Well, i had a great Anzac Day-off yesterday! This is what happens when i let idiots in other cars get to me and try and show them up. Didnt help that he was tailgating me, but i should have taken the high road instead of being an idiod. I just hope the insurance will cover it, or else i am in big trouble!!
There goes moving out in a hurry. :(

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

that looks like someone had a towbar?

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Bugger man, what happened???

I assume you did this yourself, so depending on what you excess is, to what a new grill and bumper costs it may be cheaper to just fix it yourself rather than going through insurance. Try some wreckers or something to see if you can find a new grill & bumper. Is there anything else damaged????
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Depending on your excess, have a talk to AWC? about a kit... might be cheaper, or look for a t2/3 front bar...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Depending on your excess, have a talk to AWC? about a kit... might be cheaper, or look for a t2/3 front bar...
lol, that was actually my first thought too! But unfortunatly it was a parked car that i hit, so i need to the insurance to cover that as well. I was told that being Sparkling Burgandy (metalic paint) the whole front will need to re-sprayed so it doesnt stick out, not just replace the bumper with the same color.

Some idiot in a R31 Skyline was tailgating me, trying to be smart, and unfortunatly i fell into his stupidity and tryed to round a corner to get away from him, hit a patch of water, and then i was a passanger.
Old 26-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Now and again I get goaded into doing stupid things too. As you now know its best not to let anyone else draw you into these street races or road rage gaffes.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry to see that damage!

An expensive mistake, but thankfully no one was hurt, the car can and will be repaired.

If you never do that again, the money will be worth the lesson you've learned.

All the best with the repairs!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

oops. :
Old 26-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Bugger
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad luck mate ,much damage to the other car??? ,anyway if no ones hurt that the main thing
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

as they say s#!t happens
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

ouch ! Race Tape time !

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #13
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys. i hit the front drivers side corner of a VW Golf, like 99 or something. I think i will be ok with the insurance as it has full comp, so the excess should cover everything. but as was said, an expensive lesson learnt, dont try and drift with a single spinner! :
Old 26-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #14
shepv8
V8's for ever

you can immediately assume the I.Q. of a driver by how close they follow the car in front of them.
Its all about common sense. Unlucky mate, I know how it feels.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm looks like a write off...
you'd better buy my AU!!
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
you can immediately assume the I.Q. of a driver by how close they follow the car in front of them.
Its all about common sense. Unlucky mate, I know how it feels.
you know what the funny part is, as i was walking home from the same train station (where it happened) tonight, i saw the same fool in the same old skyline hooning around on his one like the sad person that he is! He actually drove past again later that evening to have a gawk as i was talking to the owner of the other car!
Old 26-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #17
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Very sorry to see this happen to you and I hope it all works out as far as getting everything repaired.

Best to just ignore the baiters. Hard to resist (I know) but I've learnt it just 'aint worth it. I would rather have the other guy/girl go back to their mates and brag how good they were than end up wrapped around a pole all because of being baited.

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
you know what the funny part is, as i was walking home from the same train station (where it happened) tonight, i saw the same fool in the same old skyline hooning around on his one like the sad person that he is! He actually drove past again later that evening to have a gawk as i was talking to the owner of the other car!
He was probably killing himself laughing at the goose that tried to show off and hit a parked car! I know that's harsh, but that's the truth. What would have happened had someone been waiting to cross the road right next to that golf? You could have killed them.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 26-04-2006 at 10:49 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #19
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Very sorry to see this happen to you and I hope it all works out as far as getting everything repaired.

Best to just ignore the baiters. Hard to resist (I know) but I've learnt it just 'aint worth it. I would rather have the other guy/girl go back to their mates and brag how good they were than end up wrapped around a pole all because of being baited.

Krissy
Thankyou for that Krissy, thats kind of you to say and some good advice, just a day too late! i wont do it again though, thats for sure.
I just got handed a quote dad got today too for $5250!! Looks like i have done a lot more damage tham i thought. The entire front end needs to be replaced. I even managed to pierce the radiator and crush the a/c condencer. I am quite depressed to say the least. :togo:
Old 26-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #20
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Best to just ignore the baiters.
Yep, they are at it all the time.

In fact, they are master baiters.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #21
russky
Road Terrorist

Just do a controlled brake test (ie, so they dont crash into the back of you, cos thats just annoying), and they'll click that your breaks are superior to urs. After some medium to hard breaking with them following close, usually they back off.
russky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #22
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russky
Just do a controlled brake test (ie, so they dont crash into the back of you, cos thats just annoying), and they'll click that your breaks are superior to urs. After some medium to hard breaking with them following close, usually they back off.
Or they may force you off the road and beat the cr@p out of you.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 02:07 AM   #23
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I did see some front bumpers on Ebay not sure what modle there were..might be able to get them cheap enough
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
He was probably killing himself laughing at the goose that tried to show off and hit a parked car! I know that's harsh, but that's the truth. What would have happened had someone been waiting to cross the road right next to that golf? You could have killed them.
That was both true and a tad harsh!

The truth tends to be that way at times. I'm sure he won't make the same mistake again. I guess it's a timely reminder with those poor buggers down that mine in Tassie, and the poor soldier's widow of how frail human life actually is.

I think you should count your blessings and in spite of the 5k+ bill, and insurance spike to follow, be thankful that no one was hurt! Of course your pride was hurt, but it'll recover!

As I mentioned earlier, if you've learned a valuable lesson here, the money would be well spent!

JC was harsh, but correct!

GK

I just realised that I sound like I'm giving you a lecture, that isn't my intention to sound that way, I'll paraphrase my comments as such.

You got off really lucky, put the incident into perspective, be thankful no one was hurt, you'll get over it, be more careful next time, don't let those idiot baiters get the better of you.

There you go! LOL!

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #25
TCK-098

One thing you dont do is play their game if they stuff up its their fault not youres i learned the hard way i got out and beat the living ИИИИ out of the last guy that decided to stir me up and after paying court fees being charged its not worth hassle of these dickheads.
Old 27-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #26
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Quote:
Originally Posted by russky
Was just about to post the same.

When ever someone tailgates me i give em' a few flashes of the brakes first, then if they still sit right up my ***, i give em a pretty harsh brake test. Worse thing that happens is they crash up your ***, there driver at fault and they have to fix it. Worse case senario if there not insured, my insurance fixes my car and then takes them to court for the money.

As said above they may get ИИИИed if they crash into you and wanna beat the crap out of you, but im pretty sure i can hold my own against most people, and if i cant, one of the good things about working in realestate is you always have a sledge hammer with you. lol

I have had in the past a bunch of young ****ers on there P's tailgating through town, i gave em a few good brake tests, fired them up a bit, got down to a set of lights and they shot down the right side of me to turn right at the lights, all (including driver) hanging out windows yelling and giving me the finger, and he just went "slap" straight up the *** of a telstra van stopped infront waiting to turn right. hahahahaha. In the end, the ****ers get what they deserve.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #27
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
As i said, i'm sure he was as he came back that night for another look! As for that fact that i could have killed someone, no doubt, but i knew i was screwed the second i rounded the corner, and there was at least another 3-5 seconds before i came to grief, ample time to get out of the way on foot.
I'm not trying to make excuses though, i know it was totally stupid on my behalf and i feel terrible about it, but there has got to be a small percentage of the blame put on the other moron for being that way, cos i know if he wasnt there it wouldnt have happened as i would have had no reason to round the corner in the way that i did, plain and simple.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #28
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Goodluck with getting it fixed. My bodykit is going on in 2 weeks. So I'll have a stock AUIII Front Bumper. Don't know what they're worth.
Old 27-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #29
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Goodluck with getting it fixed. My bodykit is going on in 2 weeks. So I'll have a stock AUIII Front Bumper. Don't know what they're worth.
thanks for the offer mate, i appreciate that. but the car has full comp so my excess is going to cover both cars. i just hope they do a decent job of it!
i wish i could claim a TS50 kit, i reccon that would look awesome in that color and with the standard futura wing.
Old 27-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #30
russky
Road Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Or they may force you off the road and beat the cr@p out of you.
Somehow I really doubt that. Last thing is you wanna do is get a russian angry.
russky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post