Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
olddog
Starter Motor

Default DRL,s Not Working

Hi to all, New to the forum and have just aquired a Mondeo MC Wagon 2013
with very low K's so after looking on ebay and going on to the forum and reading all about DRL,s I bit the bullet and purchased some from China through a UK link on Ebay they arrived Tuesday and was going to fit them this weekend and having read on another forum about a guy who went to all the trouble of fitting and then found 1 LED not working I decided to test them first, very lucky I did I have only I LED working in each light, different positions but only 1 working, so sent email to seller no reply as yet, has anyone else had similar problems with the china DRL.................Peter

olddog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: DRL,s Not Working

do you have access to be able to test each individual LED?

write it off as lesson learned.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
olddog
Starter Motor

Hi Cobrin, Yes and no, I could test but I cannot get them apart very easily without damage, yes I think it is a write off, I may get my money refunded from ebay if I am lucky, the outer cases look very scratched and second hand to me, not the lights but the plastic that they sit in, It maybe a better proposition to get some Hella DRL and cut them into the existing plastic inserts ...........Peter
olddog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

yeah there's a few things you shouldn't buy without prior in-depth research on ebay:

Led Torches
Batteries
USB flash drives (and solid state memory cards)

to name a few. Start with the dispute and if no luck (because of delivery costs) yeah sure I like the idea of utilising the bracket. Or something else.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post