Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
stempy
Starter Motor

Default towbars

gday, i have inherited a 1996 festiva that i think runs on the that smelly rag, great little pensioner run about, but i have a little problem, i wish to fit up a tow bar to tow my little 6 by 4 box trailer around, have no plans to tow anything heavy but want it to pick up a new fridge, washer or etc when needed, i cant buy one as they are unavailable, am going to have a generic one fitted up, BUT, not sure if it is a vehicle that is permitted [ by law ] to have one, any correct advice would be appreciated ----stempy

stempy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: towbars

You would be best to ring a few towbar companies and ask them.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Ring FORD. Or check the drivers handbook also, should have the towing information in there.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Festiva can have a tow bar fitted. I looked into it a few times when I had mine but with access to several family cars that were much larger and already towbar equipped I never really had an urgency to go ahead with it.

There were several companies that listed the Festiva in their catalogue. I do remember questioning why they were 30% more expensive than the one fitted to a Mazda 121 Bubble model as they looked identical in the pictures. I don't think I got a reply to that question. A work friend at the time who had a bar fitted to the same Mazda let me have a good look under the rear and indeed they looked identical.

So, see if anyone has one specifically made for the Festiva. If you are getting stuck, investigate the Mazda 121 option.

I was close to buying one from the states (Ford Aspire over there) but the postage was more than the purchase.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
stempy
Starter Motor

thanks guys
stempy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post