Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
AlfaRomeoGTV6
T Series Club Member #041

Exclamation Cheap Konis !!! C'mon We Can Do It !!!

I was following Dave's thread and his journey buying Koni Adjustable Sport (yellow) shock absorbers from Ange the owner of the now defunct GT Suspension. Upon reading Dave's thread up to the point where he purchased the Koni equipment, I telephoned Ange and got a quote for the supply and fitting of Koni Yellows together with the fitting of a set of Eibach springs and front end wheel alignment. I already have the Eibach springs. I purchased them about six months ago from CarShine, Tullamarine.

I had intended to book my car (2001 AU11 XR6 live axle) in for the modifications within two to three weeks of my initial telephone conversation with Ange. It wasn't long before I learnt that GT Suspension had shat itself.

It is my guess the importer/distributor of Koni products had supplied GT Suspension with Koni stock and given that GT Suspension were experiencing liquidity shortfalls the owner manager was selling product at fire sale cash only prices just to get enough cash through the front door allowing GT Suspension to operate on a day-to-day basis. At the same time GT Suspension also accepted remote electronic transactions/telephone orders and payments but did not supply customers with the goods they had already paid for.

The proprietor of GT Suspension is going to become quite familiar with the surroundings of the Victorian County Court.

Dave you are a very lucky bugger to buy such premium equipment at such unrealistic prices !!!

I now need to find a set of Koni Yellows at a great price. I am pretty certain I will not find Koni equipment at the price paid by Dave. Does anyone else share my need for Koni Yellows. Maybe we could organise a multiple set buy (do we need permission for this ?). Only if it's 2 or 3 sets. Please let me know your thoughts.

AlfaRomeoGTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

As soon as my tax comes back and you have a rough figure for me, I dare say i'll be in (provided shipping to brisbane isnt more than the cost of my left testicle)
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeoGTV6
Dave you are a very lucky bugger to buy such premium equipment at such unrealistic prices !!!
I know - after reading your post, I'm guessing it must have helped that (a) I paid CASH when picking them up, and (b) actually showed up in person!!!

Quick question - how much did you pay for the Eibach's???
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

I will also point out that there was a 8 week period between my purchase of the Koni's (21-May) and having them fitted (23-July by GT Suspension)...so they were still trading at this time...when did you speak to them??
Old 05-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I would be in for a set of Koni Yellows for sure. Been umming and ahhing about them since i saw that thread...

If we could get similar prices with reasonable shipping costs, then yep

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Juzman

I'd also get a set of yellows at the right price - quoted $2000 fitted by Fulcrum, got to be able to do better than that!
Juzman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try City Suspension at Springwood, they are cheaper than $2k
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Juzman

Cheers, will give them a call tomorrow!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
AlfaRomeoGTV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
I will also point out that there was a 8 week period between my purchase of the Koni's (21-May) and having them fitted (23-July by GT Suspension)...so they were still trading at this time...when did you speak to them??

G'day Dave, I apologise for taking a few days to reply to your questions. I dealt with Ange at about the same time you were having your Konis fitted. I mentioned to Ange that I live in Geelong and he replied that he is in Geelong two or three nights a week and he could deliver the shock absorbers to my home and I could pay him with cash in person. At that time Ange only had Koni Yellows for the rear and Koni Reds for the front in stock. He wanted $600 cash for the two pairs. I was not cool with having Koni Reds on the front and Koni Yellows on the rear. So I had the opportunity of having the Koni Yellows (rear only) delivered to me in person by Ange for $300 cash. For some reason I continued to hesitate (I think my diecast addiction was clouding my clear decision making !!! : ). I then read in this Forum that Ange and GT Suspension had been involved in questionable activity.

I paid $295 for the Eibach Pro-Kit from CarShine. My XR also has a Whiteline 27mm or 30mm anti-roll bar fitted up front supplied and fitted by Mick Webb SVO Motorsport. Cheers mate
Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

I got mine for $265 delivered from the Eibach Direct Australia website:
http://www.eibach.ashop.com.au/p/523840/pro-kit.html

How does it go with the front swaybar??? I'm leaning towards getting one....
Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
AlfaRomeoGTV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
I got mine for $265 delivered from the Eibach Direct Australia website:
http://www.eibach.ashop.com.au/p/523840/pro-kit.html

How does it go with the front swaybar??? I'm leaning towards getting one....

Mate I really don't know because am an Old Fart !!! : (I drive pretty conservatively ). I cannot even recall if its diameter is 27mm or 30mm. The only thing I'm sure of is that it will do its job when called upon (or so I hope !!!).

I'm sorry that I cannot give you a useful answer.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #12
AlfaRomeoGTV6

Checked my vehicle history file. 27mm.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #13
Juzman

I rang City Suspension at Springwood and they quoted $1450 for Koni reds installed - but I'm a little dubious because the guy on the phone said that Koni no longer made Yellows for falcons??? And red was my only option?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #14
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

hmmmm maybe contact somebody at Koni to make sure of that??? Or perhaps speak to the Pedders guys on here (site sponsors) - they may be able to englighten us!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
old fordnut
too many fords

they still make koni yellows for falcons. Give fulcrum suspensions a call. Site sponsor.

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post